Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2023, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m glad you have been “sucked back” into the band’s story and that you’ve returned to make some lovely, meaningful posts. Many of us missed you and we know we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you and Marty…
Thank you so much. That's so nice to hear. It has been really wonderful being back. Honestly I can't believe I was away from it for so long. Once in awhile I used to take a peek, but could never post anything because I had no clue I even could get on here to do that. Then when chris passed away, I told marty and he immediately told me he came to the ledge to read stuff, and sent me the info if i wanted to log in. I never even knew I could!

But FMac was still always part of my life. i still have books and magazines and pictures and posters etc everywhere in my house. My poor mexican boyfriend (who initially had no clue who the hell they were) now knows way more than he ever bargained for after 12 years lol. even my daughter came to drop something in the basement the other day and she goes, 'Is the fleetwood mac stuff multiplying in this house?!' and yes... it has been.

sad that it took Chris leaving us to for me to return... but very grateful this forum still exists, and happy to be back. i don't think i'll be leaving again.

--Lis
Old 01-13-2023, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I have a feeling he wasn't permitted to approach Stevie at the service. In the photo by TMZ, Stevie was with Karen, Mary, and a guard.
That’s so over the top and inappropriate for such a somber event (to barricade Lindsey like that), but that would be a classic Stevie move if there ever was one. She’s always insisted on having a bubble of people around her since the 70s.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His use of "There was an immediate coming together" caught my eye. Like he was addressing that the focus isn't on a grudge, the only one is Stevie and Lindsey, and that we are all here as people who got to be on a team with Christine. But then Lindsey is not a band member.
For all we know, Lindsey and Stevie could have not even looked at each other or sent an email.
which band? Fleetwood Mac? there is no Fleetwood Mac as a current legal entity, so nobody is a band member.

historically, they are all FM band members.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2023, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I'm slightly doubtful that there was much interaction between Lindsey + Stevie. I'm betting they were able to sit in the same room together, maybe say hello, read their remarks and leave.

I could see Lindsey trying to extend the olive branch and be as nice as possible, but I can't see the ice thawing from camp Stevie. Perhaps I'm selling Stevie short, it's a guess as to how things went.

Also, somebody having a heart attack is a pretty clear signal that there is potential the Fleetwood Mac family was at risk of losing one of their own. Although it's debated exactly what their response was, I don't think anyone from the outside looking in got the impression they fell over themselves to wish Lindsey well. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I also wonder if Stella went with Lindsey because Kristen was still upset about how they treated Lindsey and didn't want to go.

Back to the topic on hand, I am really glad to hear everyone attended.
from what i hear, Kristen and Stella were both there. in that pic. Kristen is behind Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
from what i hear, Kristen and Stella were both there. in that pic. Kristen is behind Lindsey.
Oh I didn’t realize Kristen was there!
Old 01-13-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really think Lindsey has put his anger away and moved past the firing a long time ago.
right. he always tried to extend an olive branch and talk, from the start. he was not the one who did not want to communicate.

Old 01-13-2023, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
And all of us old-timers cannot thank you enough!
also all of us new(er)-timers.

Old 01-13-2023, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing we know is that Stevie and Lindsey were able to put their differences aside enough to be in the same room to pay their respects to their fallen bandmate. That’s all that really matters.
cannot agree more.

it was an event to honor Christine, not for other band members to discuss their differences and old grievances. i would expect that both of them would respect that. it's not about them, it's about Christine and what they all shared. their lifetimes together as a family.

Old 01-13-2023, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Thank you so much. That's so nice to hear. It has been really wonderful being back. Honestly I can't believe I was away from it for so long. Once in awhile I used to take a peek, but could never post anything because I had no clue I even could get on here to do that. Then when chris passed away, I told marty and he immediately told me he came to the ledge to read stuff, and sent me the info if i wanted to log in. I never even knew I could!

But FMac was still always part of my life. i still have books and magazines and pictures and posters etc everywhere in my house. My poor mexican boyfriend (who initially had no clue who the hell they were) now knows way more than he ever bargained for after 12 years lol. even my daughter came to drop something in the basement the other day and she goes, 'Is the fleetwood mac stuff multiplying in this house?!' and yes... it has been.

sad that it took Chris leaving us to for me to return... but very grateful this forum still exists, and happy to be back. i don't think i'll be leaving again.

--Lis
I wonder what you're doin, as I crawl upon my bed.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:26 PM

Quote:
We’ll never know exactly what happened in that room, and it’s really not worth the effort to speculate. The only thing we know is that Stevie and Lindsey were able to put their differences aside enough to be in the same room to pay their respects to their fallen bandmate. That’s all that really matters.
They made some tea and brushed each other's hair.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They made some tea and brushed each other's hair.
Getting fired from Fleetwood Mac would be the least of Lindsey’s problems if he came within an inch of Stevie with a hairbrush.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2023, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Getting fired from Fleetwood Mac would be the least of Lindsey’s problems if he came within an inch of Stevie with a hairbrush.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
which band? Fleetwood Mac? there is no Fleetwood Mac as a current legal entity, so nobody is a band member.

historically, they are all FM band members.
Yes. Because Mick said there was a "coming together" of the band and Fleetwood Mac family. I take Fleetwood Mac now to mean Mick, John, and Stevie.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Yes. Because Mick said there was a "coming together" of the band and Fleetwood Mac family. I take Fleetwood Mac now to mean Mick, John, and Stevie.
I took that to mean: members, crew, family of members, etc.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I took that to mean: members, crew, family of members, etc.
Of course Christine, John, Mick and Peter will be the ultimate members of Fleetwood Mac.

But when I read the statement by Fleetwood Mac on November 30 that was signed Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac's members as of today to me are Mick, John, and Stevie.

I like Mike and Neil but they just did an oldies tour and that was all. Billy and Rick were true band members.