User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2023, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Even if I agreed with all the things you just said, the simple fact is that a band with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie is Fleetwood Mac. Regardless of who else is in the band. I don’t understand the logic that because one member of the band was fired means they’re no longer FM, especially considering said member wasn’t even a founding member; ergo, it was Fleetwood Mac BEFORE Lindsey was a member, so naturally it would be Fleetwood Mac after Lindsey wasn’t a member, whether he chose to leave or was kicked out.

The idea that Mick, John, and Christine should have changed the name of their band because Lindsey was gone is ridiculous. The Go-Go’s didn’t change their name when they fired Kathy Valentine (which was a good thing because they made up and she rejoined a few years later); Chicago has had a number of members quit or be let go, and it’s still Chicago. Applying that same logic, shouldn’t Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey have changed the band name when Christine left and they recorded Say You Will? Why don’t folks call that incarnation of the band Fakewood Mac. It’s the double standard that perplexes me.
Why wasn’t the Buckingham McVie album called Fleetwood Mac? Apparently one non-founding member does make the name.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Why wasn’t the Buckingham McVie album called Fleetwood Mac? Apparently one non-founding member does make the name.
Because they have to bow down to Old I'm Not The Boss. $he's their meal ticket.

TF $he's not the boss... old hag.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really loved how the press got it right about Christine. When they spoke about her they focused on her musical and songwriting contributions to the band. It wasn't about sex, drugs, and rehab.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I was listening to Classic Vinyl yesterday driving and they played Over my Head. After the song, the DJ said it's still a punch in the gut that Christine is gone, and then also mentioned Jeff Beck and Lisa Presley.

It's just surreal and I can't imagine what John and Mick are going through.

I know Lindsey respected and loved Chris also, I am looking forward to his next album, Oh the stories he will tell. I'm never sure about Stevie. I know she is heartbroken, but I'm sure she is thinking about her own mortality. How long do I have? It's just beyond sad that Chris is gone and we never got a final Fleetwood Mac album. The possibilites.
Maybe she'll write a song about how Chris appeared to her in a dream, carrying her dress across a beautiful carpet, and told her she had to keep going, writing new songs and spreading her light across this bleak world.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Maybe she'll write a song about how Chris appeared to her in a dream, carrying her dress across a beautiful carpet, and told her she had to keep going, writing new songs and spreading her light across this bleak world.
Show them the Goat
Old 01-19-2023, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
god $he's insufferable. What a dolt.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope a Persian carpet
Old 01-19-2023, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If they're going to choose covers over Fleetwood Mac material, why are they going out as Fleetwood Mac?

I think you're missing the point that it's not just the absence of one member that has caused people to call it "Fakewood"
They sang Don’t Dream It’s Over, Free Falling, and I Got You, and then dropped I Got You. So they’re not Fleetwood Mac because they sang two covers on the same tour? Like when they performed Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter when Lindsey was with them? Those were cover songs as well. I think two or even three cover songs is pretty tolerable in a setlist of 22-24 songs, and hardly makes it a cover band. And for all the outrage people had about them singing cover songs, there were others who were just as outraged they performed any of Lindsey’s songs. The old damned if they do, damned if they don’t dilemma.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
god $he's insufferable. What a dolt.
I love how you make those statements about Stevie because of what someone said she’ll probably do LOL! This isn’t a criticism, I’m totally serious! You are nothing if not consistent, and I appreciate that quality about you.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A dream in which she hasn’t heard of Chris but Chris has heard of her
Old 01-19-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And in the dream, she shows Christine how to play piano, and how to do pilates.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:03 PM
The Catdancer
This message has been deleted by The Catdancer. Reason: None
Old 01-19-2023, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
They sang Don’t Dream It’s Over, Free Falling, and I Got You, and then dropped I Got You. So they’re not Fleetwood Mac because they sang two covers on the same tour? Like when they performed Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter when Lindsey was with them? Those were cover songs as well. I think two or even three cover songs is pretty tolerable in a setlist of 22-24 songs, and hardly makes it a cover band. And for all the outrage people had about them singing cover songs, there were others who were just as outraged they performed any of Lindsey’s songs. The old damned if they do, damned if they don’t dilemma.
You do realize that they recorded Farmer's and Blue Letter, and PUT THEM ON ALBUMS, right? My god, you're consistent in that your queen can do no wrong.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And $he didn't know Black Magic Woman was a FLEETWOOD MAC song.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If they're going to choose covers over Fleetwood Mac material, why are they going out as Fleetwood Mac?

I think you're missing the point that it's not just the absence of one member that has caused people to call it "Fakewood"
The same reason they played “I’d Rather Go Blind,” “Get Like You Used To Be,” “Don’t Let Me Down Again,” and (briefly) “Frozen Love.”

Also, “Tear It Up,” “The Bigger the Love,” “We Just Disagree,” “Only You Know & I Know,” “Feelin’ Alright,” and “Dear Mr. Fantasy.”

ETA: And “Stand Back,” “Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You,” “Go Insane” (OOTC tour acoustic version), and “Go Insane” (full band version).

Not to mention they rerecorded a Buckingham Nicks song on a studio album.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-19-2023 at 05:23 PM..
Old 01-19-2023, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You do realize that they recorded Farmer's and Blue Letter, and PUT THEM ON ALBUMS, right? My god, you're consistent in that your queen can do no wrong.
Oh, so now it has to be be put on an album, too, and THEN a band with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie wouldn’t be Fakewood Mac. Got it.

And here I thought you guys were calling them Fakewood Mac because you were mad they kicked Lindsey out, but now I see- it’s because they performed two songs live in concert that they had never recorded on an album!