Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Great setlist. I wouldn't want to hear Change of Heart. I'd like Insider.

Sara doesn't go in her solo set. It only did for her SoundStage because the producer asked her to do it. But now that FM has been put to bed, I guess she could do it.
It doesn't really go which is the reason I put it there. I realize its not reality but a pipe dream. I was trying to hang up the stale Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, and Dreams for something fresh and from her rich Mac history. It would be such a surprise and refreshing midway through the set.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It doesn't really go which is the reason I put it there. I realize its not reality but a pipe dream. I was trying to hang up the stale Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, and Dreams for something fresh and from her rich Mac history. It would be such a surprise and refreshing midway through the set.
I'm with you. Or even to open the show like she did one time on the BTM Mask Tour in New Jersey No one has ever said they witnessed it here.

I thought her band did a great job with Gypsy in 2016, but I don't know about you, I thought the SoundStage one was lame. So much acoustic guitar strumming in the beginning.

I thought the best recent ones were 2015-2017, thanks to Brett and Neale. I'm not sure if Ricky, Darrell, or Benmont could do what they did on keys or if Carlos on opening guitar.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm with you. Or even to open the show like she did one time on the BTM Mask Tour in New Jersey No one has ever said they witnessed it here.

I thought her band did a great job with Gypsy in 2016, but I don't know about you, I thought the SoundStage one was lame. So much acoustic guitar strumming in the beginning.

I thought the best recent ones were 2015-2017, thanks to Brett and Neale. I'm not sure if Ricky, Darrell, or Benmont could do what they did on keys or if Carlos on opening guitar.
Sara will never be the Tusk/Mirage Sara again. I never liked her solo Sara and was nails down the chalkboard for me. But its getting late. It would be a welcome change.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh lord, the Sara 1990 rumor. I am 99.99999999999% sure there is no way that ever happened. It’s been thrown around the internet for as long as I’ve been on the internet and in no way does it track with anything we know about Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks. Ever.

Her band did indeed do a good job with Gypsy starting in 2016. The problem with Gypsy is Stevie. She can’t do the song justice vocally anymore and hasn’t been able to do so since The Dance.

I don’t intend to see her show but she would really benefit from shaking it up a bit again. I would banish songs like If Anyone Falls and Enchanted along with Gypsy and Rhiannon. Gold Dust has really turned into a tour de force for her and she admittedly does a good job with it solo and with the Mac. The dance is ridiculous but the extended jam works and vocally she mostly has this one perfected still.

Kind of Woman is an interesting suggestion that I don’t think she could pull off vocally. I’d say songs like these would be on my list: Think About It, After the Glitter Fades, I Will Run to You, I Can’t Wait, Beauty and the Beast, HAEWAFY, Rooms on Fire, That’s Alright, Beautiful Child, Thrown Down, Everybody Finds Out, Fall From Grace.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw her in 2022 and she’s not coming to my city in 2023 so if she adds any songs, that I love, to her set list that she didn’t play when I saw her, I’ll be upset lol.

But I do think Stevie should do a tribute to Christine.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Oh lord, the Sara 1990 rumor. I am 99.99999999999% sure there is no way that ever happened. It’s been thrown around the internet for as long as I’ve been on the internet and in no way does it track with anything we know about Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks. Ever.

Her band did indeed do a good job with Gypsy starting in 2016. The problem with Gypsy is Stevie. She can’t do the song justice vocally anymore and hasn’t been able to do so since The Dance.

I don’t intend to see her show but she would really benefit from shaking it up a bit again. I would banish songs like If Anyone Falls and Enchanted along with Gypsy and Rhiannon. Gold Dust has really turned into a tour de force for her and she admittedly does a good job with it solo and with the Mac. The dance is ridiculous but the extended jam works and vocally she mostly has this one perfected still.

Kind of Woman is an interesting suggestion that I don’t think she could pull off vocally. I’d say songs like these would be on my list: Think About It, After the Glitter Fades, I Will Run to You, I Can’t Wait, Beauty and the Beast, HAEWAFY, Rooms on Fire, That’s Alright, Beautiful Child, Thrown Down, Everybody Finds Out, Fall From Grace.
Stevie has not done the crack head dance for several years now. GDW is so overdone and is probably one of the biggest bores now. However it is a staple in her show like Landslide.

Regarding the 1990 BTW rumor. I remember it too in the early days of the internet. I had no reason not to believe it since I was not there. But I always thought it would be so weird as an opener and only for one night. About 15 years ago I heard a bootleg from the show and of course it was not there. So 100% our suspicions were correct that it was not true. Would it not be fascinating to discover the origins of such a rumor. Was it purely made up or maybe it was performed at a sound check or something. Stevie could not hit the high notes on Kinds of Woman but most of the song does not have high notes and her bringing those ones down would not impact the song IMHO. Its a fairly basic song at slow speed. It would be a treat IMHO but like you, I wont be attending any of her shows regardless.
Oh lord, please NO NO NO Fall From Grace
Old 02-17-2023, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1282907]Stevie has not done the crack head dance for several years now. GDW is so overdone and is probably one of the biggest bores now. However it is a staple in her show like Landslide.

I think vocally GDW and Landslide are still stellar with her current voice. Gypsy no so much.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, little chance of the setlist being changed much. If anything, she might do a new cover song or two.

I do remember when the commentary for her music videos was released, and she made a casual comment about putting "Whole Lotta Trouble" back in the set. Several thought it might happen, but of course it didn't.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Yeah, little chance of the setlist being changed much. If anything, she might do a new cover song or two.

I do remember when the commentary for her music videos was released, and she made a casual comment about putting "Whole Lotta Trouble" back in the set. Several thought it might happen, but of course it didn't.
Ha ha yes. And dont forget the interviews she did before her Vegas stint. She was concerned the stage was too big and she would use a cordless microphone and possibly put Sisters of the Moon in her set. None of it happened.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

NO to "Whole Lotta Trouble". If I were going to see one of this year's shows (a strong maybe), I'd offer an extra $20 to not have WLT. It could literally be replaced with anything - Stevie reading a poem by herself or anything else - just not WLT. It had its time (89, 91, and 98). Being that this year has double-bill shows with Billy Joel increases the odds greatly.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
NO to "Whole Lotta Trouble". If I were going to see one of this year's shows (a strong maybe), I'd offer an extra $20 to not have WLT. It could literally be replaced with anything - Stevie reading a poem by herself or anything else - just not WLT. It had its time (89, 91, and 98). Being that this year has double-bill shows with Billy Joel increases the odds greatly.
Curious why she doesn't bring back stuff she did on Enchanted Tour or the Millenium shows: Sleeping Angel, Twisted, Rooms On Fire, Garbo, Rose Garden.

She brought back Gold and Braid in 2016 and that was a surprise.

Maybe she'll do more stuff from Bella Donna and The Wild Heart since they're 40 years old now.

Now I have a feeling she won't duet with Billy.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Now I have a feeling she won't duet with Billy.
I think you're right. There's one song they've both done that would make a fantastic duet. It's "Rock N Roll". If it does happen, I'll be thrilled.
Old 02-19-2023, 11:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

What if this was the set list? LOL

Opening music: Bootylicious
What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You (feat Dolly)
I Still Miss Someone
When I See You Again
Jane
Cheaper Than Free

Encore:
I Don't Care
Show Them The Way
Old 02-20-2023, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
What if this was the set list? LOL

Opening music: Bootylicious
What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You (feat Dolly)
I Still Miss Someone
When I See You Again
Jane
Cheaper Than Free

Encore:
I Don't Care
Show Them The Way
In a football stadium, I think people would boo I'd be in heaven!

Where are the three new songs she recorded from 2021-2023?!
Old 02-20-2023, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
I think you're right. There's one song they've both done that would make a fantastic duet. It's "Rock N Roll". If it does happen, I'll be thrilled.
I've never heard Billy's Rock and Roll. I believe his background singer does it when they play You May Be Right. But Billy is a Led Zep fan.

I think it would be cool to hear Stevie sing Uptown Girl and It's Still Rock and Roll To Me.