Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2021, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Favorite Tango DVD song

Well the tour was not a Rumours lineup so I think this is the right forum. What song from the Tango in the Night Live DVD is your favorite? There are 13 songs, so it wouldn't fair to post a poll with just 10 options:

1 The Chain
2 Everywhere
3 Dreams
4 Seven Wonders
5 Isn't It Midnight
6 World Turning
7 Little Lies
8 Oh Well
9 Gold Dust Woman
10 Another Woman
11 Stand Back
12 Songbird
13 Don't Stop

Old 11-14-2021, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another Woman

Here's the YouTube link to the video (includes song-by-song timestamps): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3klWVak8dA

I went with "Another Woman." A great version of a song that turns up on no other live release.

Honorable mention to "Isn't It Midnight" for showcasing how Stevie could have contributed to the studio version.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“Isn’t It Midnight” hands down…
Old 11-15-2021, 01:30 PM

Isn't It Midnight
Old 11-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stand Back and I Loved Another Woman
Contrary to other opinions.... I really don't like this Isn't It Midnight... Something about the percussion I don't like.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-15-2021, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

As much as I liked the live concert, the lip syncing concert video is not my taste. I hate all the Stevie close ups in Dreams and GDW. I think the Chain is a lame version and someone correct me if I am wrong but both Rick and Billy take Lindsey's vocal which sounds cheezy IMHO. I love Isn't it Midnight but the close ups of Stevie ruin it for me.

I vote Everywhere. Its a live cut of the song being played during rehearsal. We get to see Stevie smoking one of her long Kool 100 cigarettes and her with little make up, hair fried and her jean skirt? But her coming in late and her "I wanna be with you" is so vintage Stevie how could you not like it
Seriously, if this was the actual video, Everywhere would have been a big hit on MTV and possibly a big top 10 hit.

BTW, the editing compared to Red Rocks is only slightly better. In Red Rocks Stevie has different hair but they keep the camera for live shots far from her. The close up singing was reshot. With Tango, we get those fuzzy, cloudy edits with showing the crowd with some haze of the band on stage. Red Rocks is so bad its good. Tango is just bad. I like Songbird with showing live clips because at least its not lip synced

My least favorite moment on this Tango video is GDW; Stevie with her Debbie Gibson hat, big earrings, and the constant close ups and Stevie's constant "oh yeah's" Pick your path and I'll pray OH YEAH. Watch your sunrise love to go down OH YEAH. NOT AGAIN BABE

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-15-2021 at 05:47 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 10:00 AM

^^^ I did love that Everywhere. I thought it was cool in 1987/1988.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^^ I did love that Everywhere. I thought it was cool in 1987/1988.
I saw the tour early when Little Lies was just breaking on the charts. They did not perform Everywhere. But when it was released as a single this video shows them rehearsing the song that they probably did not expect to play and then added to the set. It should have been the official video for Everywhere. A lost opportunity IMHO. I'm pretty sure in 1988 I waved my cigarette around to the opening of Everywhere just like Stevie I loved my white washed jean jacket as much as I loved hers I bought mine in 1987 and it was probably the happiest I ever was buying something. White washed denim was the hottest and fasted fashion trend ever 1987-1988

Chris chasing the camera guy with the hair dryer is pretty cool too.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-16-2021 at 01:06 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 01:36 PM
cbBen
This message has been deleted by cbBen.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched in years because it's such a poorly produced "live" show even without the numerous Stevie closeups. I think I Loved Another Woman was the least overproduced of all the songs so it almost wins by default for that. Rick's performance is pretty great though.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I haven't watched in years because it's such a poorly produced "live" show even without the numerous Stevie closeups. I think I Loved Another Woman was the least overproduced of all the songs so it almost wins by default for that. Rick's performance is pretty great though.
It's the only Rumours video I don't own(other than I think I have a vhs COPY somewhere). SO CHEESY. Old I'm Not The Boss's closeups are so ridiculous. Tango is/ was overproduced in every way possible. Every facet of it.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's the only Rumours video I don't own(other than I think I have a vhs COPY somewhere). SO CHEESY. Old I'm Not The Boss's closeups are so ridiculous. Tango is/ was overproduced in every way possible. Every facet of it.
That's an understatement on all accounts. I am in the minority around here that does not really care for Tango. Like Time, it has a few excellent songs but its not something I care to play. I understand the pressure Lindsey and the band were under but its just way too programmed and over produced. Everywhere is an excellent example. The album track should have been the demo. A programmed track that they could have pumped life into like the live version. Then Everywhere fades to even more programming of Carolyn. Very little if any group effort. Chris's songs are good and the only ones you hear on the radio today. Even on 80s channels you never hear Big Love or Seven Wonders. They are lost in the glitz pop crap of the mid/late 80s. For an album that had several pop hits, it sold far less than albums that had similar radio success. I actually prefer Behind The Mask overall. This video of their concert is also typical of the late 80s. The visual was more important than the audio. I dont even like Tango's album cover. Slick, "modern" late 80s. Big hair, big shoulder pads, shiny outfits, Debbie Gibson hats, long gloves OH YEAH. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT AGAIN BABY NOT AGAIN

The reason Little Lies was the biggest hit and is the only top 10 single you still hear from the album is because it has life (sorry Steve, not because Lindsey left). Its not stuck in the programmed 80s sound. Thank goodness Little Lies did not take the same approach as Everywhere. It would not have had the same success. Long story short, Tango has good bones and some good songs and had tremendous potential but the big 80s synth pop controlled far too much of this album. Stevie contributed all "current" and freshly written songs for Tango. Someone should have stood up and told her the songs were crap and asked her to dig out an older song like Smile At You or something.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-17-2021 at 08:47 AM..
Old 11-17-2021, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really care for Tango OR BTM. White through Mirage live in my heart, always. The ONLY other FM album that does, is BuckVie.

If I were spending the rest of my life on a desert island, those 6 albums would go with me. The rest are just filler.

I'll mail you my copies of SYW, BTM, Tango, and Time.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't really care for Tango OR BTM. White through Mirage live in my heart, always. The ONLY other FM album that does, is BuckVie.

If I were spending the rest of my life on a desert island, those 6 albums would go with me. The rest are just filler.

There is an incredible album with a few songs off each album. My merging of these would be:

Tango In The Night
Nights In Estoril
Freedom
Isn't It Midnight
Smile At You
What's The World Coming To

Little Lies
Miranda
Thrown Down
Save Me
Running Through the Garden
Bleed To Love Her
Old 11-17-2021, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If your copy of Behind the Mask has the CD+G format on the disc, I’ll take it LOL!
Old 11-17-2021, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If your copy of Behind the Mask has the CD+G format on the disc, I’ll take it LOL!
It DOES have that, and I've never been able to get it to do anything other than play in a CD player.

I blame $tevie.