Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Lindsey will be on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday Sept 16. It airs on CBS at 11:30pm. The other guest will be Melissa McCarthy. Im certain Lindsey will also be interviewed. Great timing, with the release of his album.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey will be on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday Sept 16. It airs on CBS at 11:30pm. The other guest will be Melissa McCarthy. Im certain Lindsey will also be interviewed. Great timing, with the release of his album.
thanks for posting this bwboy. i'm guessing Lindsey performance will be recorded on 15th since he has a show in NYC on 16th.

performers are not interviewed on these shows, unless they are like U2 and have a 5-day residency.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for posting this bwboy. i'm guessing Lindsey performance will be recorded on 15th since he has a show in NYC on 16th.

performers are not interviewed on these shows, unless they are like U2 and have a 5-day residency.
I havent watched late night talk shows in years, but I guess I was thinking since there is only one other guest mentioned, that that would be enough time for a chat with Lindsey, too. Fingers crossed Im right. Id be thrilled if he got to perform 2 songs, but I know thats unlikely. I remember way back in 1988 or 1989 seeing 10,000 Maniacs on the Tonight Show, and Jay Leno was guest hosting at that time, and they performed 2 songs back to back, and it was such a cool surprise. Nowadays, it seems like these types of shows are so rigid, which is ironic considering technology today and the talent hosting them.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I havent watched late night talk shows in years, but I guess I was thinking since there is only one other guest mentioned, that that would be enough time for a chat with Lindsey, too. Fingers crossed Im right. Id be thrilled if he got to perform 2 songs, but I know thats unlikely. I remember way back in 1988 or 1989 seeing 10,000 Maniacs on the Tonight Show, and Jay Leno was guest hosting at that time, and they performed 2 songs back to back, and it was such a cool surprise. Nowadays, it seems like these types of shows are so rigid, which is ironic considering technology today and the talent hosting them.
that's a good point. maybe there will be another guest added, but who knows. i love watching late night shows, and way better known names than LB usually just perform so i'd be surprised.

and yeah, they all normally perform just one song (and then they also record another song which is available on the show's site online), and are not sitting down with the host. would be interesting if LB would get that chance, and also get to banter with Jon Batiste. he and Jon do share the Trent connection, too!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's what his team is paid to do
Old 09-16-2021, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dont forget to watch it tonight! Or if youre old like me, dont forget to DVR it!
Old 09-17-2021, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the whole performance -

Old 09-17-2021, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for posting! Now I don't have to stay up to watch on a school night!

The melody on the verses on this song to me is a rework of Love Is Here to Stay.

Wow...Brett.....
Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

now on youtube -

and also RS article -

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...lbert-1228169/

Lindsey Buckingham Brings Ripping Guitar Solos to Late-Night With ‘On the Wrong Side’
Track appears on former Fleetwood Mac rocker’s new self-titled solo album

By JON BLISTEIN

Old 09-17-2021, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So good!
Old 09-17-2021, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the whole performance -

Elle, thank you for posting this- incredibly enough, my DVR didnt record the show, much to my consternation. It seems when I record something I dont usually record, my DVR takes it upon itself to cancel it. So frustrating! But thankfully I was able to watch it here.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn, that was fantastic! Lindsey and his band sound so good! I'm so looking forward to seeing him in a week!
Old 09-18-2021, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

THAT was killer! Love the song; Lindsey sounds and looks great. Thank you for posting.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

He REALLY did sound great. Close your eyes and pretend you never heard of Lindsey and you would say....that guy's got talent.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:29 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
the whole performance -

Ya'll is that Brett Tuggle on the left? I nearly didn't recognise him :O