The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "The Damned United" ("Man of the World")

Thanks to Netflix instant streaming I decided to watch this movie. I LOVED this film!! It was everything that happens politically with American sports such as Major League Baseball, and the National Football League.

The reason I'm posting this on a Peter Green forum is that the film used "Man of the World" when the nephew, and uncle reconciled after a yearlong angry blowup. It blew me away! This was probably filmed in '07. Then to close the film, they used Bowie's "Queen B**ch'" from "Hunky Dory".

Last edited by slipkid; 08-18-2010 at 01:15 AM..
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another albatross

Good find Slipkid,

It is good that Peters stuff is finding its way into films. This will add to his credits. As i recall he did "Sky Blue" with Peter Gabriel for "Rabbit Proof Fence" That was a beautiful chunk of music.

also:
Am I wrong or did they use Albatross in GB for a sports show or something back in the late 60's as background music for rolling credits.

vinnie c
Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
It is good that Peters stuff is finding its way into films. This will add to his credits. As i recall he did "Sky Blue" with Peter Gabriel for "Rabbit Proof Fence" That was a beautiful chunk of music.
That's cool to know. If I see it again I'll have to listen out for that.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
It is good that Peters stuff is finding its way into films.
Total shocker while watching the Tom Cruise/Cuba Gooding film Jerry McGwire....the ENTIRE original "Oh Well" opus...very close to all 9 minutes. Too bad the publisher didn't give permission to include it on the soundtrack album.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Total shocker while watching the Tom Cruise/Cuba Gooding film Jerry McGwire....the ENTIRE original "Oh Well" opus...very close to all 9 minutes. Too bad the publisher didn't give permission to include it on the soundtrack album.
That's interesting, because that was Cameron Crowe's first major hit, as writer, and director.

Four years later he wrote and directed "Almost Famous", which was loosely based on his early days writing for 'Rolling Stone'. There's a scene from that film I remember when the band thought they were going to die in a small engine plane.

Years later I read about a Fleetwood Mac flight in a small plane (with Peter Green) between England, and Amsterdam where the band thought they weren't going to make it.

Of course Crowe wasn't around back then to be there in person, yet he probably read, or heard the story from either the magazine, or fellow journalists.