Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If Lindsey can do it, so can she. “Trouble” was his only big hit. “Go Insane” and “Slow Dancing” were minor hits, just as “Love Will Show Us How” and “Friend” were for Christine.

LB’s “Wrong” had a video and may have made the lower rung of the charts.

You could then say Lindsey’s theme for National Lampoon’s Vacation made some noise. Marginally more noise than Christine’s theme for A Fine Mess. Still, both have made fine solo albums.
I'd Rather Go Blind was a UK hit for her.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'd Rather Go Blind was a UK hit for her.
Yeah, I know. I was just sticking with songs from the same era as LB’a for point of comparison….
Old 10-29-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I was just sticking with songs from the same era as LB’a for point of comparison….
I would love a Christine Compilation!! Imagine with live and other B sides. 4 Cd's.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey can do it, so can she. “Trouble” was his only big hit. “Go Insane” and “Slow Dancing” were minor hits, just as “Love Will Show Us How” and “Friend” were for Christine.

LB’s “Wrong” had a video and may have made the lower rung of the charts.

You could then say Lindsey’s theme for National Lampoon’s Vacation made some noise. Marginally more noise than Christine’s theme for A Fine Mess. Still, both have made fine solo albums.
Trouble and Holiday road were the only songs I remember they played in peruvian radio stations. Same with Chris' Got a Hold on Me and Love will show us how. I don't remember any other Lindsey or Chris song played frequently in peruvian radios. That may be an indication of their songs presence, worldwide, beyond US and UK.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Trouble and Holiday road were the only songs I remember they played in peruvian radio stations. Same with Chris' Got a Hold on Me and Love will show us how. I don't remember any other Lindsey or Chris song played frequently in peruvian radios. That may be an indication of their songs presence, worldwide, beyond US and UK.
i think what Lindsey's box set showed is that you can highlight musician's catalog even if there were just a few hits among a lot of amazing music, and bring it back to people's attention how much they missed.

with his tour to back it up, along with the smart push, LB's solo compilation sales at the time way outsold FM compilation sales that came out at the same time. so if done right, and if record company is behind it, it would be great to highlight Christine's solo and non-FM catalog. of course her solo output is half of that LB had, but i'm sure it can be done.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-29-2021, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
LB's solo compilation sales at the time way outsold FM compilation sales that came out at the same time.
Interesting, where did you get that info?
Old 10-29-2021, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
But they just rereleased her album from 1970, right? So surely her 1984 album might be a possibility.

Remember back in the 70s when greatest hits albums would be released by country singers, and they would be on commercials lip syncing? For some reason I still remember Anne Murray doing that LOL. Well, wouldn’t it be wonderful and hilarious if Christine would do that for a new box set? Can you imagine her playing up to the camera for a close up while singing You Make Loving Fun? Or sitting on a stool while singing Got a Hold on Me?

But wait! If you order right now, you’ll also receive the MTV concert special not seen on TV since 1984!
Something like this?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-29-2021, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mean exactly like that! Thanks for the link, that was hilarious.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your last sentence is the reason. In the states, those other songs from Lindsey were lower-rung radio hits. Christine’s “Friend” was released in the digital era and charted for its modest sales not radio play.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I could see this! “Please buy my new collection- it has all my greatest hit!”
That’s classic.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LB's solo compilation sales at the time way outsold FM compilation sales that came out at the same time.
What planet are you living on?

Quote:
Exactly. She invented it.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right?

i completely forgot about it but stumbled upon it recently again reading one of the threads here on The Ledge, and just googled it to find it for you again (you are welcome! ) -
  • Lindsey Buckingham's Solo Anthology released on October 5, 2018 - peak US chart position #53 on Billboard 200
  • Fleetwood Mac's 50 Years – Don't Stop that November 16, 2018 - peak US chart position #65 on Billboard 200

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_A...sey_Buckingham
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Yea...3_Don%27t_Stop

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2021, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right?

i completely forgot about it but stumbled upon it recently again reading one of the threads here on The Ledge, and just googled it to find it for you again (you are welcome! ) -
  • Lindsey Buckingham's Solo Anthology released on October 5, 2018 - peak US chart position #53 on Billboard 200
  • Fleetwood Mac's 50 Years – Don't Stop that November 16, 2018 - peak US chart position #65 on Billboard 200
and of course, while the only "new" song on FM compilation was Lindsey-penned Sad Angel (which is why they could call it 50 years), Lindsey's compilation actually had two completely new never heard songs.

there was another factor at play at the time, which i'll let everyone google and find out on their own.

Old 10-31-2021, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_A...sey_Buckingham
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Yea...3_Don%27t_Stop
You said it sold more copies than Fleetwood Mac did. Maybe it charted higher at the time but it def. did not outsell FM.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and of course, while the only "new" song on FM compilation was Lindsey-penned Sad Angel (which is why they could call it 50 years), Lindsey's compilation actually had two completely new never heard songs.
Pretty crazy they couldn't get 1 new song on the 50 Years compilation. The Stones had 2 on their 50 year comp. (Even more on their 40 year comp). The Who had 1 on theirs. Beach Boys.

Azoff's Journey even rerecorded Journey hits for an album in 2008.

What a mess FM is.