Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Forbes' Highest Paid Celebrities, FM #24

Forbes India Jun 30, 2015 | 2451 by Shruti Venkatesh

Forbes Celebrity 100: Bachchan, Salman among highest-paid celebs

[FM is #24 with 59.5 million http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel4...fleetwood-mac/ ]

Actors jointly ranked 71st; Akshay Kumar and Dhoni are the only other Indians to feature on the elite list

Four Indians – actors Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and cricketer MS Dhoni – feature in the Forbes Celebrity 100 rankings, an annual list of the world’s highest-paid celebrities. American professional boxer Floyd Mayweather tops the list with $300 million in earnings followed by Filipino rival Manny Pacquiao with $160 million.

Bachchan, who featured in films like Bhootnath Returns (2014) and hosted the eighth season of Kaun Banega Crorepati, ranks 71st on the prestigious list with $33.5 million in earnings. Salman Khan, who hosted four seasons of the reality TV show, Bigg Boss, and has multiple brand endorsements like Thumbs-Up and Suzuki in his kitty, also ranks 71st on the list.

Akshay Kumar, who has starred in over 136 movies, bolstered his earnings by hosting shows like Dare 2 Dance and endorsing Honda motorcycles among other brands. He occupies the 76th slot with $32.5 million in earnings.

India’s ODI and T20 captain MS Dhoni is the only Indian sportsman on the list. He ranks 82nd with $31 million against his name. As co-producer of MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, an upcoming biopic on him, he has already pocketed $3 million.

Musicians are ranked high on the global list, occupying 10 of the top 25 slots. On the cover is singer Katy Perry, who ranks third with $135 million. A majority of her earnings came from her Prismatic World Tour, where she grossed more than $2 million per city over the course of 126 shows--75 of them overseas--while pulling in an astounding $20 per head in merchandise sales.

Perry is followed by One Direction (No 4), Garth Brooks (No 6), Taylor Swift (No 8), The Eagles (No 14), Calvin Harris (No 17), Justin Timberlake (No 19), Diddy (No 21), Fleetwood Mac (No 24) and Lady Gaga (No 25).

Chef Gordon Ramsay (No 21) with $60 million, author James Patterson (No 7) with $89 million and model Gisele Bündchen (No 46) with $44 million were sole representatives in their respective categories.

Footballers Neymar (No 82) and James Rodriguez (No 89), both aged 23, are the youngest celebrities on the list, with $31 million and $29 million respectively. Musician Paul McCartney (No 35), aged 73, is the oldest with $51.5 million against his name. Maria Sharapova (No 88) is the only female athlete on the elite list with $29.5 million.

The Celebrity 100 list includes 38 musicians, 29 athletes, 19 actors, six personalities, three radio stars, two comedians, one chef, one model and one author.

There have been several changes in the methodology this year. For the first time, the list has moved beyond US celebrities and ranks the world’s 100 highest-paid celebrities, irrespective of their nationality. Another change is that the list includes only “front of camera” talent, eliminating producers who make most of their money behind the scenes. Also, the Celebrity 100 is now based entirely on earnings over the last year (earnings consisted of pretax income between June 1, 2014, and June 1, 2015; management, agent and attorney fees were not deducted).

For the complete list, visit: www.forbes.com/celebrities

Read more: http://forbesindia.com/article/check...#ixzz3eb8jVCVv
Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy cats said the kittycat.

I'm surprised they are not in the single digits or the teens.

I'm surprise the jocks are up on top instead of actors.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Ledgie

"The group's On With The Show tour included 86 dates in our scoring period; average secondary ticket price was year's highest at over $350."

What do they mean by "secondary ticket price", I wonder?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing24 View Post
"The group's On With The Show tour included 86 dates in our scoring period; average secondary ticket price was year's highest at over $350."

What do they mean by "secondary ticket price", I wonder?
Secondary ticket price = Scalpers tickets, Ticket Agency tickets and resold tickets.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NOV 4, 2015 @ 10:12 AM 10,059 VIEWS
The World's Highest-Paid Women In Music 2015

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomal...-music-2015/2/

The top-earning woman in the music business has been cashing in on a massive world tour, a constant stream of hit singles and a string of endorsements with a slew of major companies, while occasionally throwing thinly veiled barbs at her chief rival.

Sounds like Taylor Swift—but, in fact, it’s her frequent competitor, Katy Perry. Largely because of her Prismatic World Tour, which is now winding down, Perry pulled in $135 million this year. She grossed more than $2 million per city over the course of 126 shows in our scoring period, and added to her total through deals with Coty, Claire’s and Covergirl.

“I am proud of my position as a boss, as a person that runs my own company,” Perry told FORBES for our Celebrity 100 cover story this past summer. “I’m an entrepreneur. … I don’t want to shy away from it. I actually want to kind of grab it by its balls.”

Swift has also been having quite the year, claiming the No. 2 spot with $80 million. More than a year after the launch of 1989—the top release of 2014 with over 3.6 million copies sold—her latest single, “Wildest Dreams,” has ascended to the top of the charts, boosted by a music video with Scott Eastwood. But it was the beginning of her epic 1989 World Tour that placed her so close to the top of this list.

Rounding out the top three is Fleetwood Mac at $59.5 million. Though the band contains three men, it also boasts two high-profile ladies—Stevie Nicks and the recently-returned Christine McVie—rendering the group eligible for this list. Its On With The Show tour included 86 concerts during our scoring period, grossing well over $1 million per city.

“Fleetwood Mac is out there slogging it on the road,” says Gary Bongiovanni, chief of concert data outfit Pollstar. “From a fan perspective, I think that Fleetwood’s core fan base recognized that Christine McVie being back in the group was something special, and worth coming out for.”

Lady Gaga ranks fourth with $59 million, followed by Beyoncé at $54.5 million. The former played 66 shows during our scoring period, also cashing in on deals with Versace and MAC, as well as her own Fame fragrance. The latter’s On The Run tour with husband Jay Z grossed over $100 million for 19 North American dates, giving music’s first couple a nightly average comparable to that of the Rolling Stones.

Other big names on the on the list include Britney Spears (No. 6, $31 million), who makes the bulk of her bucks on a lucrative Planet Hollywood residency in Las Vegas, and Rihanna (No. 10, $26 million), who only played nine dates in our scoring period but is set to release new album Anti in the coming months; more touring will likely follow.

Though a pay gap regrettably pervades the music business—albeit not as badly as other parts of the entertainment world—this year the top most high-earning ladies in the industry boast earnings competitive with their male counterparts, as FORBES will reveal with its overall list of the highest-paid musicians in December.

Our list of the highest-paid women in music measures pretax income from June 1, 2014, to June 1, 2015, before subtracting management fees. Figures are based on data from Nielsen, Pollstar and the RIAA, as well as interviews with agents, managers, lawyers—and some of the stars themselves.

Given the nature of our scoring period, Perry will have some stiff competition for next year’s list: Swift’s 1989 Tour is grossing well over $4 million per city, and shows no signs of slowing down.

“It’s a stadium tour, it’s enormous,” says Bongiovanni. “I would imagine that she’s going to dwarf what everybody else does.”
Old 11-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
NOV 4, 2015 @ 10:12 AM 10,059 VIEWS
The World's Highest-Paid Women In Music 2015

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomal...-music-2015/2/

The top-earning woman in the music business has been cashing in on a massive world tour, a constant stream of hit singles and a string of endorsements with a slew of major companies, while occasionally throwing thinly veiled barbs at her chief rival.

Sounds like Taylor Swift—but, in fact, it’s her frequent competitor, Katy Perry. Largely because of her Prismatic World Tour, which is now winding down, Perry pulled in $135 million this year. She grossed more than $2 million per city over the course of 126 shows in our scoring period, and added to her total through deals with Coty, Claire’s and Covergirl.

“I am proud of my position as a boss, as a person that runs my own company,” Perry told FORBES for our Celebrity 100 cover story this past summer. “I’m an entrepreneur. … I don’t want to shy away from it. I actually want to kind of grab it by its balls.”

Swift has also been having quite the year, claiming the No. 2 spot with $80 million. More than a year after the launch of 1989—the top release of 2014 with over 3.6 million copies sold—her latest single, “Wildest Dreams,” has ascended to the top of the charts, boosted by a music video with Scott Eastwood. But it was the beginning of her epic 1989 World Tour that placed her so close to the top of this list.

Rounding out the top three is Fleetwood Mac at $59.5 million. Though the band contains three men, it also boasts two high-profile ladies—Stevie Nicks and the recently-returned Christine McVie—rendering the group eligible for this list. Its On With The Show tour included 86 concerts during our scoring period, grossing well over $1 million per city.

“Fleetwood Mac is out there slogging it on the road,” says Gary Bongiovanni, chief of concert data outfit Pollstar. “From a fan perspective, I think that Fleetwood’s core fan base recognized that Christine McVie being back in the group was something special, and worth coming out for.”

Lady Gaga ranks fourth with $59 million, followed by Beyoncé at $54.5 million. The former played 66 shows during our scoring period, also cashing in on deals with Versace and MAC, as well as her own Fame fragrance. The latter’s On The Run tour with husband Jay Z grossed over $100 million for 19 North American dates, giving music’s first couple a nightly average comparable to that of the Rolling Stones.

Other big names on the on the list include Britney Spears (No. 6, $31 million), who makes the bulk of her bucks on a lucrative Planet Hollywood residency in Las Vegas, and Rihanna (No. 10, $26 million), who only played nine dates in our scoring period but is set to release new album Anti in the coming months; more touring will likely follow.

Though a pay gap regrettably pervades the music business—albeit not as badly as other parts of the entertainment world—this year the top most high-earning ladies in the industry boast earnings competitive with their male counterparts, as FORBES will reveal with its overall list of the highest-paid musicians in December.

Our list of the highest-paid women in music measures pretax income from June 1, 2014, to June 1, 2015, before subtracting management fees. Figures are based on data from Nielsen, Pollstar and the RIAA, as well as interviews with agents, managers, lawyers—and some of the stars themselves.

Given the nature of our scoring period, Perry will have some stiff competition for next year’s list: Swift’s 1989 Tour is grossing well over $4 million per city, and shows no signs of slowing down.

“It’s a stadium tour, it’s enormous,” says Bongiovanni. “I would imagine that she’s going to dwarf what everybody else does.”

The paragraph above the bold one too.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And then we wonder why they are not hot footing it to the studio to make a new album...
They are making loads of money, just by touring "Greatest Hits".
Maybe being super rich also dulls the creative juices...
Making a new album is hard work, costs money and there is no guarantee it will make money when released..
Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You write your best stuff when you feel you have something to prove or say.

At this point FM has nothing to prove or say, so little actually they don't even want to get in the studio, let alone write great stuff for the studio.

Motivations now are much more individually based, not group based.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
And then we wonder why they are not hot footing it to the studio to make a new album...
They are making loads of money, just by touring "Greatest Hits".
Maybe being super rich also dulls the creative juices...
Making a new album is hard work, costs money and there is no guarantee it will make money when released..
All of your statements are true. However Lindsey likes the studio over the road and loves to record music. Christine is also eager to record and show the world her music again. And I am sure all of them agree one final album with these 5 members would be a great way to close it out.
So I expect a new album.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
At this point FM has nothing to prove or say, so little actually they don't even want to get in the studio, let alone write great stuff for the studio.

Motivations now are much more individually based, not group based.
No, thats not right. They do want to be in the studio and have been in the studio a lot. Four fifths of this band are keen and eager for new FM material and have been for a while now. If they could get Stevie in the studio they would do so like lightening. Motivations are only individually based for one of them- and we dont even know the full story there either at the moment.

With Lindsey's (relatively) recent music-writing track record and Christines metronomic reliability (and 12 year backlog) I'm really confident the new material when it comes out will be great.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't get too excited about those numbers. Remember, in accountancy, its NOT what you make, its what you take. Those are all pre-tax and pre-expense/fee figures. In other words, that's a gross figure, NOT anywhere near a Net or Net after taxes. Not to minimize the figure, BUT if you've ever seen the "artists compensation" contracts, the artist (FM for example) gets a fixed rate or fee from the promoter. That may be net after expenses or before, depending on the terms of the contract. What you have to subtract from the $53 M figure are the expenses first, management fees, venue fees, promoters fees, roadies, production company, transportation etc. Then you get an AGI from which you then figure taxes. Even assuming a 5% or 10% net after expenses and taxes, there's NOT a whole lot of money left. Trust me, NONE of them are poor from this tour, BUT remember too that the Rumors Tour IIRC (in the late 70s) made little or no money after all were paid.

The semi-real $$ to be made is on the T shirts, beer etc. (Most venues keep the food/drink/beverage income and the band gets the t shirt and goody sales). Think Chris Nicks back in the day.

The real money is in the publishing, licensing and ownership of the "songs" , titles and catalog(s). That's where someone like SN was very smart to keep "ownership" & control of her songs. (Think Landslide and all its uses in marketing, Dixie Chicks covers etc.)
Old 11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Don't get too excited about those numbers. Remember, in accountancy, its NOT what you make, its what you take. Those are all pre-tax and pre-expense/fee figures. In other words, that's a gross figure, NOT anywhere near a Net or Net after taxes. Not to minimize the figure, BUT if you've ever seen the "artists compensation" contracts, the artist (FM for example) gets a fixed rate or fee from the promoter. That may be net after expenses or before, depending on the terms of the contract. What you have to subtract from the $53 M figure are the expenses first, management fees, venue fees, promoters fees, roadies, production company, transportation etc. Then you get an AGI from which you then figure taxes. Even assuming a 5% or 10% net after expenses and taxes, there's NOT a whole lot of money left. Trust me, NONE of them are poor from this tour, BUT remember too that the Rumors Tour IIRC (in the late 70s) made little or no money after all were paid.

The semi-real $$ to be made is on the T shirts, beer etc. (Most venues keep the food/drink/beverage income and the band gets the t shirt and goody sales). Think Chris Nicks back in the day.

The real money is in the publishing, licensing and ownership of the "songs" , titles and catalog(s). That's where someone like SN was very smart to keep "ownership" & control of her songs. (Think Landslide and all its uses in marketing, Dixie Chicks covers etc.)
I might be wrong but I read that as being the total revenue from all income streams. If they made over a million per show and (at the time) they'd played 86 shows then that would have been over £86m gross from ticket sales alone. Would that not suggest the £59.5m is their estimated net income from tickets, merchandise, record sales, etc???
Old 11-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad they still have the pull in these days with current artists.If you want to call them that.

I'm surprised that Mr Bieber and One Direction are not in the top spot.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No, thats not right. They do want to be in the studio and have been in the studio a lot. Four fifths of this band are keen and eager for new FM material and have been for a while now. If they could get Stevie in the studio they would do so like lightening. Motivations are only individually based for one of them- and we dont even know the full story there either at the moment.

With Lindsey's (relatively) recent music-writing track record and Christines metronomic reliability (and 12 year backlog) I'm really confident the new material when it comes out will be great.
I think that's wishful thinking. I think LB is motivated for another album, I'm not so sure the rest are losing any sleep over it either way. They will or they won't I'm not sure it bothers them. If they were motivated they'd have enough power to get SN to do it. It's not worth the fight to them obviously.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think that's wishful thinking. I think LB is motivated for another album, I'm not so sure the rest are losing any sleep over it either way. They will or they won't I'm not sure it bothers them. If they were motivated they'd have enough power to get SN to do it. It's not worth the fight to them obviously.
Oh I think they're desperate for an album and thats not wishful thinking. They've already recorded an album and a half's worth of material. They just dont have the balls to go it alone without her.