The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine and Stevie singing All Over Again on the 2018-2019 tour.

So I didn’t go see them on this tour because I was boycotting the Lindsey firing and I saw them four times in 2014-2015 when it was the classic five lineup. Anyway, I just saw a video on YouTube of Christine and Stevie singing a duet of All Over Again. It was pretty awesome if you think about it. Have Christine and Stevie ever done a duet like that before in their long history? It’s definitely something noteworthy in Fleetwood Mac’s history.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
So I didn’t go see them on this tour because I was boycotting the Lindsey firing and I saw them four times in 2014-2015 when it was the classic five lineup. Anyway, I just saw a video on YouTube of Christine and Stevie singing a duet of All Over Again. It was pretty awesome if you think about it. Have Christine and Stevie ever done a duet like that before in their long history? It’s definitely something noteworthy in Fleetwood Mac’s history.
I loved it. It was nice to see them acknowledge their long tenure together.

Also: I got flamed for suggesting that Stevie make a guest appearance if Christine had a "McVie and Friends" sort of one off. The Lindsey cartel hated me, and all those awful ledgies that always flame Stevie jumped on me. Homer was the only one that didn't bite, (by the way).
Old 04-15-2022, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I loved it. It was nice to see them acknowledge their long tenure together.

Also: I got flamed for suggesting that Stevie make a guest appearance if Christine had a "McVie and Friends" sort of one off. The Lindsey cartel hated me, and all those awful ledgies that always flame Stevie jumped on me. Homer was the only one that didn't bite, (by the way).
I must've been drinking, or I would have bitten.

$tevie's CROWD would ruin $tevie showing up for Christine's moment. It's a bad idea.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

$tevie's CROWD would ruin $tevie showing up for Christine's moment. It's a bad idea.
That's exactly what I said so in your drunken stupor you must have read my post
Old 04-16-2022, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That's exactly what I said so in your drunken stupor you must have read my post
RUDE.

Not surprised.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
RUDE.

Not surprised.
Rude?
You are the one that said you were drinking.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Rude?
You are the one that said you were drinking.
I'm a perfect gentleman while imbibing.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a perfect gentleman while imbibing.
But how do you not spill your drink when you are twirling in your Stand Back cape?
Old 04-16-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:

You weren't drunk, you were chuckling that I was messing with Macfan. Then Elle bit too!! hahahahaha
Old 04-16-2022, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie and Chris faced each other to sing the chorus in You Make Loving Fun in 2014 and the final verse of "Everywhere" in 2014, which was sweet.

I didn't care for All Over Again. The song just drags on. And I thought it was tacky that Stevie had the lyrics on the screen during the performance as if 15,000 people were going to sing along. What would've been appropriate was closing with Crystal so Stevie could sing lead on a song she wrote, or even duet it with Chris.
Even Second Time if it had to be a ballad. Playing a song from Time but not BTM just wasn't fair.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie and Chris faced each other to sing the chorus in You Make Loving Fun in 2014 and the final verse of "Everywhere" in 2014, which was sweet.

I didn't care for All Over Again. The song just drags on. And I thought it was tacky that Stevie had the lyrics on the screen during the performance as if 15,000 people were going to sing along. What would've been appropriate was closing with Crystal so Stevie could sing lead on a song she wrote, or even duet it with Chris.
Even Second Time if it had to be a ballad. Playing a song from Time but not BTM just wasn't fair.
While the song didn’t impress me much, I thought it was super cool to see them sing a full duet. I really wish they had sang As Long As You Follow; not only is it one of my favorite songs, but also they’ve never performed it live and it seemed an appropriate song choice for the finale. Plus it’s a song they both recorded.

Since I wasn’t familiar with All Over Again, I was actually really glad they put the lyrics on the screen- I didn’t think it was done so we could sing along, I though it was so we would know what they were saying. I also thought it was pretty powerful they chose a song from their least known album to close the set. Pretty nervy, in fact. We were all expecting Songbird and instead we got a duet with Christine and Stevie.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
While the song didn’t impress me much, I thought it was super cool to see them sing a full duet. I really wish they had sang As Long As You Follow; not only is it one of my favorite songs, but also they’ve never performed it live and it seemed an appropriate song choice for the finale. Plus it’s a song they both recorded.

Since I wasn’t familiar with All Over Again, I was actually really glad they put the lyrics on the screen- I didn’t think it was done so we could sing along, I though it was so we would know what they were saying. I also thought it was pretty powerful they chose a song from their least known album to close the set. Pretty nervy, in fact. We were all expecting Songbird and instead we got a duet with Christine and Stevie.
What was the message of All Over Again? In spite of the heartaches, they'd fire Lindsey all over again?
All Over Again got dropped in March of 2019. Not sure why.

I wasn't expecting Songbird because I knew they stopped playing it in 2015 because Christine was experiencing pain in her hands or fingers while playing it.

I don't think it was a nervy choice. They closed the show with Goodbye Baby in 2003/2004 and Say Goodbye in 2013 and those are not well known songs.

I do think As Long as You Follow would've been a great closer. I get not playing a song from Say You Will, even with 2 songs from SYW on the 50 Year compilation, but leaving out Behind the Mask I think was wrong. They should've done 3 BTM songs instead of the 3 Lindsey songs.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And a "Time" song to boot. It was a pretty sweet moment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-19-2022, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was my favorite part of those shows. It was nice seeing just the girls duet, and interesting to see them pull out such a forgotten deep cut. And I loved the one night when Christine inexplicably started playing with Stevie’s stupid microphone ribbons during that song and just kind of held them up awkwardly for the rest of it. Little details like that make me laugh.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was possibly my favorite moment from this tour; the song's good (all of Chris's Time tunes are) but I mostly loved that it wasn't something we'd seen 547 times before.

Side note - As much as I love "Isn't It Midnight", I think "Save Me" would have been a more appropriate choice for this tours setlist.