Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2023, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I got that Live in Hyde Park album on iTunes! "Scarf Me Up"
Also The Stones got a new song out during the pandemic which hit number one in a few countries I think. Also wasn't All The Rage a new song too or was it just new vocals from Mick?
The big Scarf Me Up incident(s)! I swear Keith does crap like that on purpose to piss off Jagger lol.

Yeah, they released Living in a Ghost Town during the pandemic although it was recorded in 2019 and then released in 2020 given the lyrics somewhat aligning with the lockdowns at that time. All the Rage was just new vocals from Mick - it was recorded in 72-73.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Aw man I HATE when my sarcasm doesn’t come through. Totally sarcastic with the “gem” stuff. That Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Fallin’ were placed into a Fleetwood Mac set and were allegedly highlights every night was truly embarrassing.
And Lucifer Lindsey wouldn't permit Christine to sing Isn't It Midnight... he'd only allow Think About Me and Over My Head.

Looking back, I am so happy they kept Hold Me and Wish You Were Here for the LBCM 2017 Tour, and not OWTS.
Old 06-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Aw man I HATE when my sarcasm doesn’t come through. Totally sarcastic with the “gem” stuff. That Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Fallin’ were placed into a Fleetwood Mac set and were allegedly highlights every night was truly embarrassing.
LOL Ok. I thought I was the Christine on the board since no one understands my British style sense of humor. But I guess I am not the only one.
Old 06-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOL Ok. I thought I was the Christine on the board since no one understands my British style sense of humor. But I guess I am not the only one.
Lol it’s still hard to do online even after all these years of practice. In person my facial expression would have immediately given away that ENTIRE paragraph as pure sarcasm with enough eye roll to need to go to the ER.
Old 06-04-2023, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And Lucifer Lindsey wouldn't permit Christine to sing Isn't It Midnight... he'd only allow Think About Me and Over My Head.

Looking back, I am so happy they kept Hold Me and Wish You Were Here for the LBCM 2017 Tour, and not OWTS.
Lucifer Lindsey 😂😂😂
Old 06-04-2023, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can say the crowd loved Don’t Dream It’s Over. For me, nice though I missed the full solo in the middle of the song, but this was an “acoustic” version with an organ.

I actually would have had respect for the lineup if they didn’t do 3 Lindsey songs. Also what’s interesting is that Stevie had the least of her songs on the 2018 tour: Dreams, Rhiannon, Landslide, Gypsy, Gold Dust (Free Fallin, Black Magic Woman, All Over Again, and 1 Verse of DDIO aren’t Stevie songs)

In 2014, she did 8 full Stevie Songs: Dreams, Rhiannon, Sisters of the Moon, Seven Wonders, Landslide, Gypsy, Gold Dust, and Silver Springs

Lindsey did not limit her songs in the set list. And from 1987-2013, her solo song was played in an FM set.
Old 06-05-2023, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've wondered if the reason that they've not released video of these tours is that it's too hard to hide the karaoke?

What a sad, pathetic ending. Le sigh....
My guess the reason that nothing has been released from the 204-2018 tours is probably because it's impossible to get everyone to agree to do it. With Lindsey's ousting it probably got a little complicated from a legal perspective. Now with Christine gone, it might get even more complicated because her estate would need to be involved to approve etc.

They probably have recorded footage that is most likely a recorded version of what the crowd sees on the screens, but I'm not sure they ever had a show properly filmed for close ups etc. It would probably be easier to do a live album compiled from the tours.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really surprised they never put together a live release from the first half of the 2014/2015 tour and had it released between tour legs. Another missed opportunity.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm really surprised they never put together a live release from the first half of the 2014/2015 tour and had it released between tour legs. Another missed opportunity.
I bet they were waiting for their big final tour with new album to promote. It would have been the perfect package: A new album of the 5 since the 1980s, new songs, a final tour, and a DVD concert. It's sort of what we all expected including most of them.
But someone did not play the game and just threw the cards.
It would have been the perfect ending and slick promotion for the album and DVD. But we got Crowded House and Free Fallin instead.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet they were waiting for their big final tour with new album to promote. It would have been the perfect package: A new album of the 5 since the 1980s, new songs, a final tour, and a DVD concert. It's sort of what we all expected including most of them.
But someone did not play the game and just threw the cards.
It would have been the perfect ending and slick promotion for the album and DVD. But we got Crowded House and Free Fallin instead.
I'm hoping you are saying this bit with a sarcastic tone..... Because the idea that they would ever have plans for an actual new album is just... implausible.

Let me correct that-- the idea that STEVIE ever had any intention or even remote interest in doing a new album is highly doubtful. Clearly Mike was open to it, Mick would always be open to it, probably John and Chris would've been fine with it... not sure about Neil, but he'd likely be all for it from a career/money perspective. But, "I'm not the boss" would be the holdout.
After her pissing on the whole project that ended up becoming BuckVie, I doubt she was up for doing a new album in any form.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike Campbell's recent comments sorta bothered me. He mentioned the tour being great and the people being great, but more than anything it was an all expenses paid trip around the world. A vacation with some shows thrown in.

It would have been that way with Lindsey as well, but it just doesn't sit well with me. What was done to Lindsey and the botched last act/legacy of the band, I'm glad Mike Campbell got a world class vacation out of it all.

It really was just another gig for Mike and Neil. Oh... and Christine got to buy that house. (I'm sorry Chris, I love ya...but that comment was low)

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-05-2023 at 12:24 PM..
Old 06-05-2023, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm hoping you are saying this bit with a sarcastic tone..... Because the idea that they would ever have plans for an actual new album is just... implausible.

Let me correct that-- the idea that STEVIE ever had any intention or even remote interest in doing a new album is highly doubtful. Clearly Mike was open to it, Mick would always be open to it, probably John and Chris would've been fine with it... not sure about Neil, but he'd likely be all for it from a career/money perspective. But, "I'm not the boss" would be the holdout.
After her pissing on the whole project that ended up becoming BuckVie, I doubt she was up for doing a new album in any form.
I was responding to the post about the 2014 tour. Right before that tour started Chris and Lindsey started recording which would eventually turn into their duet album. However as that successful tour ran on, there was talk of a studio album and they signed a contract for a large tour. The tour happened - just not with Lindsey and the album happened - just not with Stevie. But the point I was making that it would have been a fantastic ending.....a studio album, new music and farewell tour. I was talking about what was SUPPOSED to happen vs what actually happened. Does that make sense?
Old 06-07-2023, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mike Campbell's recent comments sorta bothered me. He mentioned the tour being great and the people being great, but more than anything it was an all expenses paid trip around the world. A vacation with some shows thrown in.

It would have been that way with Lindsey as well, but it just doesn't sit well with me. What was done to Lindsey and the botched last act/legacy of the band, I'm glad Mike Campbell got a world class vacation out of it all.

It really was just another gig for Mike and Neil. Oh... and Christine got to buy that house. (I'm sorry Chris, I love ya...but that comment was low)
I read that article the same way. It just proves to me that what we said all along was true and that this wasn’t some new band who were going to create anything. It was Stevie’s way to stick it to Lindsey and make FM tour money at the same time. For Campbell and Finn, they were well paid touring musicians. Their time in Fleetwood Mac would ultimately be less memorable than Dave Mason, Billy Burnette, or Rick Vito if it wasn’t at the stage of life that the rest of the band members were at. That period will only be remembered since it will go down as the last stage of Fleetwood Mac going out as dysfunctional and ridiculous as ever. There is no sense that this was an actual band being creative - Finn singing Lindsey’s parts and Campbell trying (at times painfully) to replicate Buckingham on the guitar. And 4 years later, Mike Campbell clearly didn’t see it as anything but him helping out Stevie and the band do their tour.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was responding to the post about the 2014 tour. Right before that tour started Chris and Lindsey started recording which would eventually turn into their duet album. However as that successful tour ran on, there was talk of a studio album and they signed a contract for a large tour. The tour happened - just not with Lindsey and the album happened - just not with Stevie. But the point I was making that it would have been a fantastic ending.....a studio album, new music and farewell tour. I was talking about what was SUPPOSED to happen vs what actually happened. Does that make sense?
To me it does! Maybe the biggest mistake they made was immediately doing that 2014-15 tour when they did. But again, I’m sure Stephanie was the driver there. I think it would’ve been better to record the album first and start generating a Fleetwood Mac “reunited” buzz. And then maybe late in 2015 and into 2016, do the tour after the album was released. Their insistence on going right back on tour less than a year after ending the 2013 tour basically spelled out exactly what “this reconvening of these five people” was going to be about.
Old 06-07-2023, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read that article the same way. It just proves to me that what we said all along was true and that this wasn’t some new band who were going to create anything. It was Stevie’s way to stick it to Lindsey and make FM tour money at the same time. For Campbell and Finn, they were well paid touring musicians. Their time in Fleetwood Mac would ultimately be less memorable than Dave Mason, Billy Burnette, or Rick Vito if it wasn’t at the stage of life that the rest of the band members were at. That period will only be remembered since it will go down as the last stage of Fleetwood Mac going out as dysfunctional and ridiculous as ever. There is no sense that this was an actual band being creative - Finn singing Lindsey’s parts and Campbell trying (at times painfully) to replicate Buckingham on the guitar. And 4 years later, Mike Campbell clearly didn’t see it as anything but him helping out Stevie and the band do their tour.
Good for Billy and Rick for actually having made new music in FM!