The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is why I liked when Stevie had 3 bg singers.
Anyone know why Mindy Stein and Jana Anderson left?

When Lori retired in 2016, Stevvi Alexander from the OWTS Tour wasn’t asked to do the 24 Karat Gold Tour because Stevie wanted Marilyn Martin. But I can’t recall why Mindy and Jana left. There was a story once that Waddy yelled at Jana for dancing or for something she wore. Something like that
Old 06-02-2023, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't recall the backstory with Jana etc...it did seem like a while back there was a bit of downsizing/reconfiguring with her solo band. I think Brett Tuggle last played with her in 2012 and Lenny Castro exited sometime around then. Jimmy Paxson also hasn't played with her in quite a while. Based on Brett's comments to Rolling Stone, she had a big beef with any of them playing in Lindsey's band.

I always thought Mindy and Jana sounded the best. I've never found the combo of Marilyn and Sharon to be anything to write home about. The harmonies were better when there were 3 backup singers, IMO.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Jimmy Paxson also hasn't played with her in quite a while. Based on Brett's comments to Rolling Stone, she had a big beef with any of them playing in Lindsey's band.
Good lord she's the most childish, selfish, self absorbed person who ever breathed air.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How did you find out that you weren’t going to be on the tour (2018 Fleetwood Mac Tour)?
Funnily enough, Lindsey called to tell me that he’d been fired the week after MusiCares. He calls me and goes, “Brett, I’ve had the weirdest week ever.” He was on the phone with Irving [Azoff], who basically chewed him out on the phone. He was fired per Stevie’s request.

I didn’t know how that would affect me, but I thought my gig was probably safe only because I got along with everyone so well, especially with Christine since I was there to support her and her keyboard role. I actually went down to Hawaii to rehearse with them with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

We got down there and did a couple days of rehearsal, but something felt weird with Stevie. I could tell something was off with her. I think she had already made up her mind about me being Lindsey’s guy. I think my fate was already sealed whether I was there or not.

I was really shocked when I got the call that they weren’t going to use me. I also realized that I was in the middle of the politics of Lindsey and Stevie and this band and there was nothing I was going to be able to do about it. I had become Lindsey’s guy and that was it and I had to accept it. There was nothing else I could do.

I just jumped into music and doing a tour with Lindsey, which was refreshing and at least gave us some common ground together. I grew even closer to Lindsey in terms of friendship and music. All of a sudden, we were both outcasts and he was on my side.
Old 06-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But remember Kids!

Old 06-02-2023, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
How did you find out that you weren’t going to be on the tour (2018 Fleetwood Mac Tour)?
Funnily enough, Lindsey called to tell me that he’d been fired the week after MusiCares. He calls me and goes, “Brett, I’ve had the weirdest week ever.” He was on the phone with Irving [Azoff], who basically chewed him out on the phone. He was fired per Stevie’s request.

I didn’t know how that would affect me, but I thought my gig was probably safe only because I got along with everyone so well, especially with Christine since I was there to support her and her keyboard role. I actually went down to Hawaii to rehearse with them with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

We got down there and did a couple days of rehearsal, but something felt weird with Stevie. I could tell something was off with her. I think she had already made up her mind about me being Lindsey’s guy. I think my fate was already sealed whether I was there or not.

I was really shocked when I got the call that they weren’t going to use me. I also realized that I was in the middle of the politics of Lindsey and Stevie and this band and there was nothing I was going to be able to do about it. I had become Lindsey’s guy and that was it and I had to accept it. There was nothing else I could do.

I just jumped into music and doing a tour with Lindsey, which was refreshing and at least gave us some common ground together. I grew even closer to Lindsey in terms of friendship and music. All of a sudden, we were both outcasts and he was on my side.
She is so vindictive, cold hearted and mean. Its was so insulting for Brett to go to Hawaii and rehearse with the band. And because of everyone walking on eggshells Stevie gets Brett fired before the tour even begins because he is friends with Lindsey. She is a witch and the rest of the band has no courage or loyalty. The tour should have been called "The Witch's Way 2018" It appears she threw another tantrum........its him or me.

She is the Nellie Olson of rock.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-02-2023 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-03-2023, 02:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She is the Nellie Olson of rock.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post

That is sooo funny, I almost swallowed my wine gum…
Old 06-03-2023, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't recall the backstory with Jana etc...it did seem like a while back there was a bit of downsizing/reconfiguring with her solo band. I think Brett Tuggle last played with her in 2012 and Lenny Castro exited sometime around then. Jimmy Paxson also hasn't played with her in quite a while. Based on Brett's comments to Rolling Stone, she had a big beef with any of them playing in Lindsey's band.

I always thought Mindy and Jana sounded the best. I've never found the combo of Marilyn and Sharon to be anything to write home about. The harmonies were better when there were 3 backup singers, IMO.
It seems to me when Lori retired, Stevie wanted someone who was part of her 1980s harmonies. And Marilyn was with her in 1983. Marilyn I feel is a better singer than Sharon and has higher range, but I liked Jana Anderson a lot. Of course, Lori was the best.

Stevvi Alexander also hit very high notes during the FM tours.

I respect Sharon for being with Stevie for all of her albums, but her voice to me is really fried at this point.
Old 06-03-2023, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Its funny but not really funny. Poor Brett had to suffer her wrath because he did not throw himself on the altar of Stevie worship. Brett has performed with them since the Dance and was key when Chris left and also performed in their solo gigs. He gets the call to start rehearsal in Hawaii with the band. Stevie feels him out. Brett stays neutral and in his corner. But Brett did not bend to Stevie and tell her what she wanted to hear: Lindsey is a horrible person and you are the best Stevie! So Stevie's agent tells Mick that she wants Brett gone. Mick goes into his closet and finds his 1995 fax machine (the same one that he fired Bekka with) and someone tells Brett he is not needed.
Brett knew the songs already. Chris needed help on keyboard more than ever. Stevie has no right to tell Chris who should be backing her up on keyboards. She got to decide who plays guitar for Fleetwood Mac and Keyboards.
Its childish but really ruthless. This is exactly what Nellie Olson would do.
There is a Little House on the Prairie episode called "Music Box.' Its Nellie being the most nasty ever. So much so that actress Allison Arngrim went to the writers and producers of the show to express even she thought this was too far and mean even for her character Nellie.
In the episode Nellie is jealous of Laura's friendship with a stuttering girl. Nellie continuously teases and mocks the girl at school. Laura is the poor girl's only friend. One day Laura takes a music box from Nellie's room and accidently breaks it. Because its broken she is afraid to return it to Nellie. Nellie finds out that Laura broke the music box. But instead of telling Laura's parents, Nellie develops an evil plan. She blackmails Laura to start being mean to the stuttering girl. Even Laura's sister asks her why she is acting so mean lately. Poor Laura tosses and turns in bed having nightmares of the brutal stuff Nellie makes Laura do. But it gets worse. Nellie has a party and goes to the house of the stuttering girl to personally invite her. Her parents are suspicious because they know Nellie teases her. But the girl begs her parents to let her go. At the party Nellie brings out a book of tongue teasers and makes the girl to try and say them. All the girls laugh and the poor girl runs home humiliated again. Nellie was mean and vindicative and had a master plan of evil control.
So how could anyone say Stevie is not just like Nellie Olson. It makes me want to go buy a Nellie wig and sit in her front row.
Poor Brett was just like the stuttering girl. Come over Brett. We are in Hawaii practicing for a huge world tour. It will be fun and you will make lots of money.
Oh no you wont!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-03-2023 at 10:41 AM..
Old 06-03-2023, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its funny but not really funny. Poor Brett had to suffer her wrath because he did not throw himself on the altar of Stevie worship. Brett has performed with them since the Dance and was key when Chris left and also performed in their solo gigs. He gets the call to start rehearsal in Hawaii with the band. Stevie feels him out. Brett stays neutral and in his corner. But Brett did not bend to Stevie and tell her what she wanted to hear: Lindsey is a horrible person and you are the best Stevie! So Stevie's agent tells Mick that she wants Brett gone. Mick goes into his closet and finds his 1995 fax machine (the same one that he fired Bekka with) and someone tells Brett he is not needed.
Brett knew the songs already. Chris needed help on keyboard more than ever. Stevie has no right to tell Chris who should be backing her up on keyboards. She got to decide who plays guitar for Fleetwood Mac and Keyboards.
Its childish but really ruthless. This is exactly what Nellie Olson would do.
There is a Little House on the Prairie episode called "Music Box.' Its Nellie being the most nasty ever. So much so that actress Allison Arngrim went to the writers and producers of the show to express even she thought this was too far and mean even for her character Nellie.
In the episode Nellie is jealous of Laura's friendship with a stuttering girl. Nellie continuously teases and mocks the girl at school. Laura is the poor girl's only friend. One day Laura takes a music box from Nellie's room and accidently breaks it. Because its broken she is afraid to return it to Nellie. Nellie finds out that Laura broke the music box. But instead of telling Laura's parents, Nellie develops an evil plan. She blackmails Laura to start being mean to the stuttering girl. Even Laura's sister asks her why she is acting so mean lately. Poor Laura tosses and turns in bed having nightmares of the brutal stuff Nellie makes Laura do. But it gets worse. Nellie has a party and goes to the house of the stuttering girl to personally invite her. Her parents are suspicious because they know Nellie teases her. But the girl begs her parents to let her go. At the party Nellie brings out a book of tongue teasers and makes the girl to try and say them. All the girls laugh and the poor girl runs home humiliated again. Nellie was mean and vindicative and had a master plan of evil control.
So how could anyone say Stevie is not just like Nellie Olson. It makes me want to go buy a Nellie wig and sit in her front row.
Poor Brett was just like the stuttering girl. Come over Brett. We are in Hawaii practicing for a huge world tour. It will be fun and you will make lots of money.
Oh no you wont!
Brett did tell Mick either in person or after Maui that it wasn't right that they were doing a tour without Lindsey and singing his songs in that rehearsal space in Maui. I think he also said he emailed Stevie the same too. I do have a feeling that Stevie wanted her guy, Ricky Peterson, in there even if Brett hadn't expressed his disagreement. I think they probably brought Brett out there to lead the rehearsals and serve as a musical director for the rehearsals, perhaps with Neale.
I think Neale was safe because he gave Stevie the music for "New Orleans."

That being said, I think Brett was much better in his role as a backup musician than Ricky in FM and as a member of Stevie's band from 1998-2012. I find Ricky's organ play obnoxious and way too out there. The last tour there was random times I heard the organ on The Chain. And if you watch Sara videos from Stevie's tour, there's just random organ thrown in there. Brett always knocked Sara out of the park. And when Chris came back, the 2015 - 2017 versions were spectacular.
Old 06-03-2023, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Wine gum? Is that a thing? Having I been wasting my entire life chewing regular gum? WTF?
Old 06-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wine gum? Is that a thing? Having I been wasting my entire life chewing regular gum? WTF?
It’s a soft chewy sweet….. made from jelly and embossed with various alcoholic drink names.
Port, Sherry, Claret..etc
They are a confection in the UK
Maynards Wine Gums…hahaha
Old 06-03-2023, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Brett did tell Mick either in person or after Maui that it wasn't right that they were doing a tour without Lindsey and singing his songs in that rehearsal space in Maui. I think he also said he emailed Stevie the same too. I do have a feeling that Stevie wanted her guy, Ricky Peterson, in there even if Brett hadn't expressed his disagreement. I think they probably brought Brett out there to lead the rehearsals and serve as a musical director for the rehearsals, perhaps with Neale.
I think Neale was safe because he gave Stevie the music for "New Orleans."

That being said, I think Brett was much better in his role as a backup musician than Ricky in FM and as a member of Stevie's band from 1998-2012. I find Ricky's organ play obnoxious and way too out there. The last tour there was random times I heard the organ on The Chain. And if you watch Sara videos from Stevie's tour, there's just random organ thrown in there. Brett always knocked Sara out of the park. And when Chris came back, the 2015 - 2017 versions were spectacular.
It wasn't JUST that Lindsey got fired that made what went down in 2018-19 so gross, but the way things went down including the ancillary impacts (like Brett), all of the lies that tried to justify the changes, etc. The stories never aligned from day one and their awkwardness during that pre-tour interview left such a disgusting taste in my mouth.

Stevie's whole "I'm not the boss" shtick was absolutely laughable by that time. She was absolutely in charge of everything - fire Lindsey? Stevie. Fire Brett? Stevie. Hire her background singers for 30+ years? Stevie. Hire Mike Campbell? Stevie. Hire her solo band backup musicians? Stevie. The only thing I'd suggest wasn't her idea was Neil Finn but I guarantee she had to approve it. But hey, Lindsey was the controlling one. Him and his terrible pre-records (which admittedly I can't stand either...and that she apparently uses now too).

And after all that crap, they got a lame tour that yielded no new music and not even a new live release to share their amazing renditions of the songs she so desperately wanted in the setlist for years that Lindsey would never allow. Then Lindsey nearly dies, the pandemic basically put an end to everything for a year and a half, Brett is dead, Christine is dead, and now Fleetwood Mac is dead. Awesome way to end things.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It wasn't JUST that Lindsey got fired that made what went down in 2018-19 so gross, but the way things went down including the ancillary impacts (like Brett), all of the lies that tried to justify the changes, etc. The stories never aligned from day one and their awkwardness during that pre-tour interview left such a disgusting taste in my mouth.

Stevie's whole "I'm not the boss" shtick was absolutely laughable by that time. She was absolutely in charge of everything - fire Lindsey? Stevie. Fire Brett? Stevie. Hire her background singers for 30+ years? Stevie. Hire Mike Campbell? Stevie. Hire her solo band backup musicians? Stevie. The only thing I'd suggest wasn't her idea was Neil Finn but I guarantee she had to approve it. But hey, Lindsey was the controlling one. Him and his terrible pre-records (which admittedly I can't stand either...and that she apparently uses now too).

And after all that crap, they got a lame tour that yielded no new music and not even a new live release to share their amazing renditions of the songs she so desperately wanted in the setlist for years that Lindsey would never allow. Then Lindsey nearly dies, the pandemic basically put an end to everything for a year and a half, Brett is dead, Christine is dead, and now Fleetwood Mac is dead. Awesome way to end things.
I've been telling y'all for many years...

STEVIE NICKS IS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FLEETWOOD MAC.