christine in 2017: "lindsey, you're the poet in my heart."

christine in 2018: "i bought a house. Don't come by."
isn't that weird???!!!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
isn't that weird???!!!
A bit, but I always think of Christine as the most independent, hard headed woman..she’s been in the business like for ever.
And I don’t think she takes many prisoners.

Nice ….but very level headed

Last edited by sue; 08-10-2021 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-10-2021, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the reunion does happen, and I hope that it doesn't, expect a very heavily augmented show with a huge backing band and pre-records. They should've gone out on a high note back in 14-15 and a guy can dream, make Buck McVie the swan song album. Now, it's just a desperate cash grab, nothing at all about legacy, that ship has sailed. I'll refrain from commenting on the more obvious problem of old age.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
If the reunion does happen, and I hope that it doesn't, expect a very heavily augmented show with a huge backing band and pre-records. They should've gone out on a high note back in 14-15 and a guy can dream, make Buck McVie the swan song album. Now, it's just a desperate cash grab, nothing at all about legacy, that ship has sailed. I'll refrain from commenting on the more obvious problem of old age.
OR… the band may just want to have closure for themselves and give fans one last opportunity to see them perform together. And yes, they want to get paid for it, too. But they also love the applause they get from thousands of fans. Who wouldn’t?
Old 08-10-2021, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Love in Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
OR… the band may just want to have closure for themselves and give fans one last opportunity to see them perform together. And yes, they want to get paid for it, too. But they also love the applause they get from thousands of fans. Who wouldn’t?
The vitriol between the S and L camps since the unilateral decoupling of 2018 has me picturing not a crowd of serenely adoring FM fans in the front rows but two viciously opposed gangs waving placards and casting aspersions on each other or at the performer they dislike. Perhaps the final tour should be held in a Thunderdome-themed stadium, with bloodlusting disenfranchised fans clawing and hollering while Stevie and Lindsey battle it out with each other gladiator-style, tambo to Turner.

As for "closure" for the band generally, Mick knows no such thing. He will always be working the press, drumming up publicity for the next FM or quasi-FM thing. At this point he is probably wishing Stevie would just fall off the wall of her castle turret so he can bring in a replacement willing to go on the road and sing her songs.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
The vitriol between the S and L camps since the unilateral decoupling of 2018 has me picturing not a crowd of serenely adoring FM fans in the front rows but two viciously opposed gangs waving placards and casting aspersions on each other or at the performer they dislike. Perhaps the final tour should be held in a Thunderdome-themed stadium, with bloodlusting disenfranchised fans clawing and hollering while Stevie and Lindsey battle it out with each other gladiator-style, tambo to Turner.

As for "closure" for the band generally, Mick knows no such thing. He will always be working the press, drumming up publicity for the next FM or quasi-FM thing. At this point he is probably wishing Stevie would just fall off the wall of her castle turret so he can bring in a replacement willing to go on the road and sing her songs.
Well, most folks who love Lindsey and hate Stevie (at least on this message board) have already sworn they won’t go to another Fleetwood Mac tour anyway, even if Lindsey does rejoin, so there won’t be any problem with protests. Plus, of the clips I’ve seen on YouTube and the show I saw in person, there were no protests of any kind when Neil and Mike came on stage- the show ran smoothly and went over incredibly well. The idea that anyone cares enough about the inner workings of a band that they would engage in any sort of juvenile behavior is comical though, but not representative of the real world, of which this latest development in FM is just another ho hum event.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it would be typical Fleetwood Mac to reunite for the ending. We lived with a lot of turmoil throughout. We were just happy to get a new album after Rumours because it was so bad, they could have ended it then. I would love it. I think they would go out with packed stadiums and with a bang. I would like some diversity in the set lists. Stevie canceled here shows this year. It could leave room for her and LB to reconnect. That makes me nervous because you never hear LB say he is partly at fault. And I think that could be a road block if he does not see his part in it. But I would love it and remain optimistic.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:44 AM

I would go see them in a heartbeat. Lots of artist work with worn out tools. I'll go to the bathroom during Gypsy, (Never want to go thru those screeches ever again.)

I don't think it will happen. Lindsey is just stirring the pot. It's his turn.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the Stevie worshippers posted this on Facebook I still think Lindsey is #1 grade ahole! The only thing I would like is one final blow out show. Bring back everyone for a four hour show. He imo has an ego that has brought so much unneeded drama. It does take two to tangle but I have no interest in seeing him with the band. There is something to be said in appreciating those who appreciate you.

So I responded with the following

With all due respect Stevie isn't a saint and I wish people would stop making Lindsey out to be the main reason behind all the drama in Fleetwood Mac. He isn't perfect and he certainly has said and done some things I don't like but so have the others in Fleetwood Mac.

People were ready to tar and feather him when Stevie said he wanted to delay the 2018 tour for 2 years but where was their anger when she forced the cancellation of the 2012 tour and also the new album the other 4 had been working on? Lindsey has more than once put the needs of the band ahead of his own solo work and delivered the goods.

When has anyone else dropped a solo project and worked with the band in creating a new album. What was the point of the 2018 tour? Another expensive Greatest hits jaunt.

As a long time fan it is sad that since 1997 we have only 1 studio album. This current lineup has produced nothing. Every other lineup has given us at least 1 album.

I think Mick is kicking himself for Lindsey being fired because it cost him the potential for a farewell tour that would have made him big money. I personally want them to retire as the voices are not good and at the prices they would charge for another tour with or without Lindsey I am not interested. I would rather the memories of how they were and not how they are now.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
In many recent interviews, Mick and Lindsey have both been hinting at wanting a reunion.

But is that even possible at this point? First of all, there is a pandemic. Secondly, John and Christine are pushing 80. But The Rolling Stones are about to tour again and Mick is 78, Keith is 77, and Charlie is 80. Anyway though, It’s probably easier for John to just fake it on stage, but Christine has to actually sing. She looked great on the last tour, but she did not sound so great. She sounded pretty good in 2017 on her tour with Lindsey. And she sounded really good on the 2014-2015 tour. Third, Lindsey has an upcoming solo tour. Fourth, I’m sure Stevie will want to do at least one more solo tour too if the pandemic ever permits.

Anyway though, In my opinion, and I’m sure everyone will agree: they should not have fired Lindsey, and the 2018-2019 tour should have been their farewell tour.

But if they do happen to reunite with Lindsey, a reunion/farewell tour would surely be their marketing tactic for outrageous ticket prices.
Sadly, I think the closest that could be hoped for in terms of farewell tour is Christine appearing as a one off guest at a couple of Lindsey’s tour shows. She recently appeared on stage for the Peter Green tribute show with Mick.

If we got really, really lucky, and Stevie had moved on enough, then she and Lindsey might guest at each other’s solo shows. That said, a pig flew past my window today.

If we get insanely lucky, then there will be a very short Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour with floor seats $400 (Australian dollars) a pop.

But that might not be insanely lucky.

Think about it, anyone who got to see the full Rumours band even once in 2014 or 2015 is already insanely lucky.

And although not to many Ledgies’ taste, the 2018-2019 was most definitely a one off event. As was the BuckVie tour, most likely, and if you didn’t live in America you probably didn’t see any shows of that lineup.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for the double post, just an idea:

How about a new studio album, with either very limited tour or no tour and just new studio music from the Fleetwood Mac Rumours 5? They have auto tune at their disposal…
Old 08-13-2021, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
How about a new studio album, with either very limited tour or no tour and just new studio music from the Fleetwood Mac Rumours 5? They have auto tune at their disposal…
I vaguely recall something about one of the five being about as willing to record new FM studio music as an old goat willing to be dragged to the glue factory. Now, let me think -- who was it...
Old 08-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see a reunion tour anytime soon. Stevie just cancelled her 2021 gigs. She is supposedly working with a producer and also working on the Rhiannon project. I see the next couple of years tied up in solo work. She seems worried that these are her last "youthful" years. Lindsey is starting his solo tour and it could extend for quite a while if we can get rid of Covid.

I'm not sure how Christine and John feel about another tour. A big sign off show on cable would be nice. Or just an album, with no tour. But I don't see Stevie ever going into the studio with FM again. This is such a shame. Lindsey was right when he said with the finish line in sight, this is not good for the Legacy of the band. They went out with a bang, and then a whimper when they fired Lindsey and then had Neil Finn and Mike Campbell on the tour. Thanks Stevie, and the rest of the cowardly Mac.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm 99.9% positive there will not be a new album that involves Stevie. It didn't happen before the events of 2018, it sure as heck isn't going to happen now. We all say "never say never" when it comes to Fleetwood Mac related events, but I think the ship has truly sailed once and for all.

Although it's hilarious to see Lindsey throwing the ball back in Stevie's court and basically one-upping her with a certain level of generosity and forgiveness that he knows will most likely never be reciprocated - I wish they would just move on. Mick, Christine, and Lindsey can make more music together and leave Stevie out of the equation altogether. They've already wasted so much damn time trying to convince her to participate in projects, quit trying so hard. But the money talks, right?

On a personal level, the rest of the band could heal and it could heal without Stevie. I get the impression that it's been 45 years and there is nothing that will make Stevie happy regarding the dynamics of her and Lindsey in a band together. If it hasn't happened already, I don't expect it to happen now.

If there is a single ounce of sincerity behind any notion of reconnecting, it will happen amongst the 3, maybe 4 of them. Otherwise, Mick and Christine are truly full of sh*t and are only looking out for a "reunion" payday.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-13-2021 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-13-2021, 12:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Who needs the Big 5? How about a Fleetwood Mac tour with Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Brett Tuggle, Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin?!?!