Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Prediction for Fleetwood Mac's next activity

Stevie is filling out her 2022 tour. Crowded House announced a monthlong tour of North America in September. The Dirty Knobs are touring into the fall.

Any predictions on the next activity Fleetwood Mac will do and when?

They announced their 2018 lineup four years ago. Maybe an Extended Play?
Old 04-26-2022, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie is filling out her 2022 tour. Crowded House announced a monthlong tour of North America in September. The Dirty Knobs are touring into the fall.

Any predictions on the next activity Fleetwood Mac will do and when?

They announced their 2018 lineup four years ago. Maybe an Extended Play?
interestingly his FM gig didn't help Finn much, in the US Crowded House is touring the same venues LB solo is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2022, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interestingly his FM gig didn't help Finn much, in the US Crowded House is touring the same venues LB solo is.
They're playing The Beacon, The Wiltern, The Anthem, and Seattle Paramount which are larger than the ones Lindsey played in for his new tour. They may also get more per ticket than LB does.

But they're no Stevie Nicks. I think Stevie may've played bigger arenas and stadium in Australia and NZ than CH did.

Mike is doing the smallest venues and I'd love to see one of his shows even though I can't listen to him sing
Old 04-26-2022, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're playing The Beacon, The Wiltern, The Anthem, and Seattle Paramount which are larger than the ones Lindsey played in for his new tour.
Lindsey played The Wiltern even on his completely solo One Man Show, without the band.

Lindsey plays Fox theater in Michigan regularly on almost every tour. and he played Beacon recently. we can go down the list.

DC Anthem as usually used is much larger than LB normally plays, although there are smaller shows that come there and they put seats on the floor (normally it's GA). wonder whether that's what they'll do for Crowded House.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2022, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they're no Stevie Nicks. I think Stevie may've played bigger arenas and stadium in Australia and NZ than CH did.
Crowded House in AUS and NZ are filling stadiums. so nope. they are still huge down there.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey played The Wiltern even on his completely solo One Man Show, without the band.

Lindsey plays Fox theater in Michigan regularly on almost every tour. and he played Beacon recently. we can go down the list.

DC Anthem as usually used is much larger than LB normally plays, although there are smaller shows that come there and they put seats on the floor (normally it's GA). wonder whether that's what they'll do for Crowded House.
Oh yes he did play Wiltern in 2012. 2021 he played the Theatre at Ace Hotel Los Angeles which looks gorgeous.

Lindsey plays Town Hall in New York almost every tour. In 2012 he did BB King's Restaurant. I think Beacon was with Christine and also on OOTC.

I thought CH would've played the Dolby, Radio City, Rosemont, and Caesars Palace. 4k plus seaters.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They’re playing the Rose Amphitheater near Dayton, which LBCM played.

Also, GbV sold out the Wiltern in 2010. (That was the morning I got left behind in Vegas and some friends drove me to the venue. That’s also the day I fell in love with Gyros.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-25-2023, 07:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

With the death of Christine McVie, another solo tour for Stevie Nicks in 2023, and an upcoming solo album from Lindsey Buckingham, I find it exceedingly unlikely that there will be any further activity from the band. Personally, I'm at peace with this. If Mick Fleetwood wants to pull together former Fleetwood Mac members for a one-off performance, I would be fine with that, but anything more would risk tarnishing their legacy even further.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
With the death of Christine McVie, another solo tour for Stevie Nicks in 2023, and an upcoming solo album from Lindsey Buckingham, I find it exceedingly unlikely that there will be any further activity from the band. Personally, I'm at peace with this. If Mick Fleetwood wants to pull together former Fleetwood Mac members for a one-off performance, I would be fine with that, but anything more would risk tarnishing their legacy even further.
Amen.

Old 01-25-2023, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely agree with this. If they want to do some sort of one-off show in honor of Christine, I'd want to see that, and then no more Fleetwood Mac.

My prediction is that Mick will want to tour again, and Stevie would likely be up for it once audiences start to get tired of her solo tours. John's probably done with touring, and I doubt Mick would feel right about using the Fleetwood Mac name without a Mac (and also John co-owns the trademark with him) - so they'll go out as "Fleetwood Nicks & Friends" or something like that. They can tap whoever they want to fill out the band as the "& Friends" - Mike and/or Neil, Vanessa Carlton, Sheryl Crow, all 3 Haim sisters, Harry Styles, the ghosts of Prince and Queen Elizabeth, etc...
Old 01-26-2023, 12:28 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

I'd like them to film some sort of show at least. I think it would be really sweet if maybe they do one last "unplugged" kinda thing; something that's more intimate and reflective. They could end the set with Lindsey playing guitar to a pre-recorded version "Songbird", while the audience watches a video montage of Chris and the band interacting with her throughout the years.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Absolutely agree with this. If they want to do some sort of one-off show in honor of Christine, I'd want to see that, and then no more Fleetwood Mac.

My prediction is that Mick will want to tour again, and Stevie would likely be up for it once audiences start to get tired of her solo tours. John's probably done with touring, and I doubt Mick would feel right about using the Fleetwood Mac name without a Mac (and also John co-owns the trademark with him) - so they'll go out as "Fleetwood Nicks & Friends" or something like that. They can tap whoever they want to fill out the band as the "& Friends" - Mike and/or Neil, Vanessa Carlton, Sheryl Crow, all 3 Haim sisters, Harry Styles, the ghosts of Prince and Queen Elizabeth, etc...
You do know that they're OLD AF, right? I hope it's over. It should be over. Dear god, let it be over.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

NOTHING

There is nothing to do. John wont tour again. Chris told the truth a few years ago when she said the band was over and Mick made her retract her words.

Dear Lord I cant imagine a get together without Chris and John and Stevie and Lindsey pretend to be nice. For what? A stage show? Oh no she betta don't. After ruining the band's swan song Stevie could do this with a straight face?

It was over years ago but Mick is always looking for his next pay day. The auction probably got him enough through 2023. Then he will be back to selling Biddie's britches.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
NOTHING

There is nothing to do. John wont tour again. Chris told the truth a few years ago when she said the band was over and Mick made her retract her words.

Dear Lord I cant imagine a get together without Chris and John and Stevie and Lindsey pretend to be nice. For what? A stage show? Oh no she betta don't. After ruining the band's swan song Stevie could do this with a straight face?

It was over years ago but Mick is always looking for his next pay day. The auction probably got him enough through 2023. Then he will be back to selling Biddie's britches.
Yep. John's done.

Chris is gone.

Stevie totally would get a band of hired hands to do a Mac-oriented tour if it came to that. But as long as she can tour solo, I'm thinking she won't. She wants to cement HER legacy. She did say at some point in the not too distant past that there are only so many precious years left where she can be "Stevie Nicks" ie her appearance, her mobility, her stamina to give the kind of shows and public appearances that she's gotten famous for. There's only so much filler and botox in the world, and her ankles won't balance on high heels forever.

If, for some reason however she / her mgmt team DID decide it was a good idea to try and put a tour of FM music together, I do think Mick would jump right in there. As someone said before, he would totally do a Fleetwood Nicks tour if offered money.

None of that is surprising. What remains to be seen is what would LB do?? In the past I would have bet my house he would have laughed in their faces if asked to join. Now....I'm not so sure.....

John will not tour again. A one-off?? Maayyybeeee...
Old 01-26-2023, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sounds good. Actually, since that Green concert in London was actually pretty fine, maybe a similar tribute to Green and Chris, billed as a regrouping? The concert could combine both legacies somehow (without watering down either, I hope). It would probably be an unusual array of musicians onstage (David Gilmour, John Mayall, Jonny Lang, Sheryl Crow, Pete Townshend, Steven Tyler, Jeremy Spencer, Stephen Bishop, Kathy Valentine, Rick Vito, Billy Burnette, Mike Campbell & Benmont Tench, Midge Ure), but that could be nice. Both figures now gone.

moviekinks.blogspot.com