User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2022, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If Christine were younger, I'd disagree. I think the end has arrived, except for maybe a couple one offs here and there. They old AF now.
This. Id also add Johns health, which might be fine for all we know, but its been eight years.

I think we would have seen them again by now if there hadnt been a global pandemic.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2022, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
As in the SalesForce concert in San Francisco was their last concert?
For Stevie, it would be poetic to have started in a band in San Francisco and played her final show as a member of a band in San Francisco.

As for the final statement from Fleetwood Mac, the Peter Green show with Mick, Christine, Rick, Neil, Jeremy, and Peters Les Paul serves as a great postscript.

Quote:
They're too much a moneymaker to have ended in 2019!
I think were at a point where its not up to them anymore. Their age and delays from the pandemic have put this almost entirely out of their control, now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2022, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
For Stevie, it would be poetic to have started in a band in San Francisco and played her final show as a member of a band in San Francisco.

As for the final statement from Fleetwood Mac, the Peter Green show with Mick, Christine, Rick, Neil, Jeremy, and Peter’s Les Paul serves as a great postscript.

I think we’re at a point where it’s not up to them anymore. Their age and delays from the pandemic have put this almost entirely out of their control, now.
I think John wasn't up to the Peter Green show, as in the shape he's in. I don't believe Mick that the money wasn't good enough for John to participate. And Christine brought up John likely not doing another tour or something like that in her BBC Radio interview last year.

I still think there will be FM appearances later this year at festivals or venue openings. But it looks like Neil is full steam ahead with Crowded House tour and another CH album. Mike is touring and I think the Knobs are doing another album too.

Stevie seems like she's making a return to her '05-'10 days, touring the oldies.

It would be heaven if Chris did a theater tour.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still think there will be FM appearances later this year at festivals or venue openings. But it looks like Neil is full steam ahead with Crowded House tour and another CH album. Mike is touring and I think the Knobs are doing another album too.
Those projects wouldn’t impact a hypothetical Fleetwood Mac run of shows. The Knobs album is done and comes out around the start of the tour, which wraps up on June 25 with a one-off on July 23. I think the CH album is done, too, and their tour wraps up on July 3. Fleetwood Mac could conceivably begin doing shows in October.

Still, I’m not optimistic.

Quote:
It would be heaven if Chris did a theater tour.
Absolutely. Maybe backed by Mick and Rick.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2022, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those projects wouldnt impact a hypothetical Fleetwood Mac run of shows. The Knobs album is done and comes out around the start of the tour, which wraps up on June 25 with a one-off on July 23. I think the CH album is done, too, and their tour wraps up on July 3. Fleetwood Mac could conceivably begin doing shows in October.
I think Neil wanted CH to play North America though.

Quote:
Absolutely. Maybe backed by Mick and Rick.
I'd like her to be backed by Jimmy Paxson, Rick, and Fed. I think she'd need a keyboardist though so Ricky.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Neil wanted CH to play North America though.
He hasnt booked anything, which suggests hes taking a wait and see approach. A run of Fleetwood Mac shows would be bigger than a CH tour in the US, and there arent many Fleetwood Mac shows left. It would make much more sense to do a CH tour in the USA after Fleetwood Mac wraps up and enjoy the momentum.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2022, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He hasnt booked anything, which suggests hes taking a wait and see approach. A run of Fleetwood Mac shows would be bigger than a CH tour in the US, and there arent many Fleetwood Mac shows left. It would make much more sense to do a CH tour in the USA after Fleetwood Mac wraps up and enjoy the momentum.
Stevie has 3 shows from May to September. I'm guessing she'll add more shows in between.

FM could do Glastonbury 2022 and/or Hyde Park and just run through the set they did in 2019 a few days before the festival. Maybe play some of Irving's new venues towards the end of 2022, which the Eagles are doing this year.

I can't see them doing another tour (even a modern day Stones tour scale of 15 shows) without a new album again.

Unless there's new music, I won't see this lineup again.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will, if feasible. I’d rather see them and be frustrated with the lack of new music than regret not seeing them, especially Mick, John, and Christine, when they were still here.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2022, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will, if feasible. Id rather see them and be frustrated with the lack of new music than regret not seeing them, especially Mick, John, and Christine, when they were still here.
And there will be tens of thousands who'll see them as well for top dollar.

I'm guilty of seeing the "no new music" FM tours but for me, the new lineup shouldn't get the luxury of another "no new music" tour if they haven't released new songs.
Totally not Mike, nor Neil's fault.

I'd go for a show without new music if Rick and Billy were there just because I think that would be really exciting. It's only been two years since I've seen Mike and Neil in FM... not too long ago