User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
Oh puhleeeasse, she said, "it's him or me". If that's not getting someone fired, idk what is!

He didn't want to tour, so THE BAND said "your're fired."

Stevie put the band first. Lindsey, a selfish egoMANIAC without a single Gold record, thinks people want to see him solo. They don't. His tours are restricted to TINY theaters and $20 tickets on Groupon. He doesn't even have a solo Gold album. He is not a star. SHE IS.
Multiple things can be true at the same time... to wit, Stevie can be the "star" of the band, AND she can have used that leverage to get the band to oust him. Also, one can be a star and still be lazy and riding on their past success, or be a not nice person. Most people who rise to huge levels of stardom are NOT the "nice guy" their PR would have you believe.

On the other hand, some things are just NOT true. The BAND did not say "you're fired". Stevie said to Mick 'you can tour with him or you can tour with me'. She could say that because she knew perfectly well if forced to choose they would choose her because of her impact on ticket sales. Ultimately Mick made the decision with Irving that they should tour with Stevie and the McVies were informed of it. Lindsey DID want to tour. He wanted to START the tour a couple of months later than they did, and he attempted to negotiate this with them. When they wouldn't budge, he attempted to negotiate fitting in some solo shows on the days FM wasn't performing(there are a lot of off days because of Stevie's need/want to rest longer between shows. This was also an issue on her solo tour with The Pretenders, to the point that The Pretenders booked their own solo gigs in between their shows with Stevie because they found the gap between shows to be too long).

Lindsey is indeed a star. Is he a star in the same way Stevie is? No, and frankly no one else in FM is. That said, he continues to put out albums and tour them. People pay to see him on those tours, so it is not true that people don't want to see him solo. I certainly have seen multiple of his solo tours, as I have seen multiple Stevie solo tours. I also saw Christine's solo tour. Does Lindsey have a career without Stevie? Why yes he does. If you want to argue the magnitude of his sales, that's a different story, but again, he can have way less sales than her and she can still have had him fired, so not sure what your point is..
Old 11-08-2022, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh puhleeeasse, she said, "it's him or me". If that's not getting someone fired, idk what is!

Stevie put the band first. Lindsey, a selfish egoMANIAC without a single Gold record, thinks people want to see him solo. They don't. His tours are restricted to TINY theaters and $20 tickets on Groupon. He doesn't even have a solo Gold album. He is not a star. SHE IS.
As I've asked others before, can you post pics of your shrine? Because you're not a FLEETWOOD MAC fan. You drink the Kool-Aid. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2022, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Multiple things can be true at the same time... to wit, Stevie can be the "star" of the band, AND she can have used that leverage to get the band to oust him. Also, one can be a star and still be lazy and riding on their past success, or be a not nice person. Most people who rise to huge levels of stardom are NOT the "nice guy" their PR would have you believe.

On the other hand, some things are just NOT true. The BAND did not say "you're fired". Stevie said to Mick 'you can tour with him or you can tour with me'. She could say that because she knew perfectly well if forced to choose they would choose her because of her impact on ticket sales. Ultimately Mick made the decision with Irving that they should tour with Stevie and the McVies were informed of it. Lindsey DID want to tour. He wanted to START the tour a couple of months later than they did, and he attempted to negotiate this with them. When they wouldn't budge, he attempted to negotiate fitting in some solo shows on the days FM wasn't performing(there are a lot of off days because of Stevie's need/want to rest longer between shows. This was also an issue on her solo tour with The Pretenders, to the point that The Pretenders booked their own solo gigs in between their shows with Stevie because they found the gap between shows to be too long).

Lindsey is indeed a star. Is he a star in the same way Stevie is? No, and frankly no one else in FM is. That said, he continues to put out albums and tour them. People pay to see him on those tours, so it is not true that people don't want to see him solo. I certainly have seen multiple of his solo tours, as I have seen multiple Stevie solo tours. I also saw Christine's solo tour. Does Lindsey have a career without Stevie? Why yes he does. If you want to argue the magnitude of his sales, that's a different story, but again, he can have way less sales than her and she can still have had him fired, so not sure what your point is..
Perfectly, and eloquently stated!
Old 11-08-2022, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If you read her comment to RollinStone last year, Stevie said he was fired because it was a toxic environment with him starting in 1968. Though I don't know why nothing was done about it for the decades leading to 2018, as in why he wasn't punished by Mick or John before 2018?
Old 11-08-2022, 05:22 PM

You guys are nuts! She's done so much for Lindsey's music. She's taught the likes of Prince, Tom Petty, Mike Campbell, even Harry Styles and molded them into stars!!

You guys are lucky she demanded that Mick hire Lindsey back in 1974!! I mean Jeez, she even called Mick back in 1969 and told him to hire Christine and let her tour in America... or else she wasn't going to join in 6 years.

Face it folks, Fleetwood Mac and much of the world doesn't exist without that nasal Rosanne of a Superstar.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You guys are nuts! She's done so much for Lindsey's music. She's taught the likes of Prince, Tom Petty, Mike Campbell, even Harry Styles and molded them into stars!!

You guys are lucky she demanded that Mick hire Lindsey back in 1974!! I mean Jeez, she even called Mick back in 1969 and told him to hire Christine and let her tour in America... or else she wasn't going to join in 6 years.

Face it folks, Fleetwood Mac and much of the world doesn't exist without that nasal Rosanne of a Superstar.
Lindsey owes her for his life! He should go over to her house every week, and scrub her toilet with his toothbrush! He should probably buy a new toothbrush before he scrubs it every week, then have to brush his teeth with it until the following week. I mean, a queen like her deserves nothing less! It would be his privilege to use it after her scrubbings.

The nasal Roseanne....I like that...
Old 11-09-2022, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If I were coming to the ledge for the first time and saw your post, I would have thought you were being literal (in the first 2/3 of it). Why? Because there ARE fans out there who would be capable of saying such crazy things. Things like Stevie is the architect behind the band’s music since 1975. Things like she actually knew and cared about John Lewis before 2018. Things like she was the primary songwriter. Etc.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If I were coming to the ledge for the first time and saw your post, I would have thought you were being literal (in the first 2/3 of it). Why? Because there ARE fans out there who would be capable of saying such crazy things. Things like Stevie is the architect behind the band’s music since 1975. Things like she actually knew and cared about John Lewis before 2018. Things like she was the primary songwriter. Etc.
It's because most people think fame and being a star are the purpose of being an artist. Stevie pivots her beliefs to feed her stardom. The rest of them really haven't. It's the difference between being an artist and a megalomaniac entertainer with a constant changing false narrative. And as you can see, many folks buy into it.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you guys are nuts! She's done so much for lindsey's music. She's taught the likes of prince, tom petty, mike campbell, even harry styles and molded them into stars!!

You guys are lucky she demanded that mick hire lindsey back in 1974!! I mean jeez, she even called mick back in 1969 and told him to hire christine and let her tour in america... Or else she wasn't going to join in 6 years.

Face it folks, fleetwood mac and much of the world doesn't exist without that nasal rosanne of a superstar.
.-- .- ... / - .... .- - / ... .- .-. -.-. .- ... -- ..--..

Old 11-09-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
.-- .- ... / - .... .- - / ... .- .-. -.-. .- ... -- ..--..

Time cast a spell on you!
Old 11-09-2022, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's because most people think fame and being a star are the purpose of being an artist. Stevie pivots her beliefs to feed her stardom. The rest of them really haven't. It's the difference between being an artist and a megalomaniac entertainer with a constant changing false narrative. And as you can see, many folks buy into it.
$he didn't wanna be no cleaning lady.

Fame was her goal. Artistry fell by the wayside...
Old 11-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totes, gurl, totes!
Old 11-09-2022, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
If you read her comment to RollinStone last year, Stevie said he was fired because it was a toxic environment with him starting in 1968. Though I don't know why nothing was done about it for the decades leading to 2018, as in why he wasn't punished by Mick or John before 2018?
well.... first off, neither Lindsey nor Stevie was even in Fleetwood Mac in 1968, or even close to it. They joined in 1975. So no one in the band (ie, not Mick, not Christine, not John) had any problems with Lindsey going back to 1968. Only Stevie knew him as far back as 1968, so if there was toxicity, it was between HER and HIM, not the BAND. So, again, this supports that the person with a problematic relationship with Lindsey is Stevie, NOT "the band".

At any point in her relationship with Lindsey, Stevie could have walked away. There are interviews with her going back to the early days of FM in which she says that although her relationship with him had issues, she CHOSE to stay in it because they were professionally a duo, had made an album, and were in the process of making a second album as a duo. She has flat out stated for decades of interviews that her desire for success overrode her personal issues with him. This continued after they joined FM. She has stated hundreds of times that she decided that SHE would "not be the one who broke up this band" by leaving. Whether she was hoping HE would eventually leave, who knows. Ironically, that is exactly what happened. He left and she stayed back in the late 80s.... and the band was NOT nearly as successful and when he was in it.

Whatever their personal issues, she continued throughout all of her career to send him her songwriting demos and ask him for feedback. Tom Petty even stated that Lindsey remained her "best producer" and told how he (Tom) would struggle to figure out what to do with some of Stevie's song demos and then she would ask Lindsey and Lindsey would say "oh do x, y, z" and Tom would hear Lindsey's ideas and think "omg, he's right, I would never have thought of that". She did it most recently (that we know of) on Soldier's Angel when she got stuck working on it with Dave and couldn't make it what she wanted it to be and called Lindsey to bail her out-- which he did, that a$$hole.

Her comment about 1968 she made after he said publicly he had no idea what her problem was with him. He also basically publicly called her Norma Desmond.... which seems to have been the final trigger which led her to say that she was tired of working with him for reasons going all the way back to 1968. The question is, WHY would she have continued working with him and all that "toxicity" until MusicCares (2018)... a full FIFTY YEARS?? Clearly, MONEY. All that Fleetwood Mac tour revenue, royalties, etc. She wasn't the star she is now for all that time.... go look at where she was and the venues SHE was playing in the late 80s and into the 90s. She was not raking it in before she got that reboot from The Dance. ka-ching ka-ching.

She was willing to keep working with him when it was financially worth it. Once she did that solo tour with The Pretenders, which she has stated herself put her into "a whole other category" she realized she could make just as much money out touring solo as with FM, and she had all the leverage she needed to push him out.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-09-2022 at 08:04 PM..
Old 11-09-2022, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She couldn't push him out until Christine came back. THEN he could be pushed out.

The old hag... she's conniving.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She couldn't push him out until Christine came back. THEN he could be pushed out.

The old hag... she's conniving.
I dont think it was that early premeditated. She was never happy with Lindsey but Chris coming back changed the dynamic. They made an album without her and toured. Her jealousy destroyed the band. She may have put up with Lindsey's antics since the 70s but they went on without her and that was crossing the line.