The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was probably so high she didn't notice it was a purple Lear jet that picked her up, not a purple car! She doesn't strike me so much as a liar as somehow who just doesn't bother keeping track of the little details!
Ricoh
Old 01-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ricohv
She was probably so high she didn't notice it was a purple Lear jet that picked her up, not a purple car! She doesn't strike me so much as a liar as somehow who just doesn't bother keeping track of the little details!
Ricoh

Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, but I thought they were playing locally, like Minneapolis or where ever it is he lives. Who said they were playing New York when that happened? What did I miss?

Anyway, as to the Time/Life Edition question, I interpret that to mean that she was worried about or feeling she was becoming a "nostaligia" act, an artist whose work people collect in those compilation packages, often put out by companies such as Time?Life in a special "edition".

????

I dunno. That's what it always felt like to me. I think her Prince story is a bit over the top, but I certainly don't think it is a total fabrication.

-Sharon
Old 01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

personally I can't tell one story without changing or embellishing it a bit, can you imagine being a celebrity doing tons of interview, answering the same questions over and over for years??!!

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 01-15-2004, 05:42 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Figura
personally I can't tell one story without changing or embellishing it a bit, can you imagine being a celebrity doing tons of interview, answering the same questions over and over for years??!!
You could, if you just gave the same rehearsed speeches, over and over!
Old 01-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
You could, if you just gave the same rehearsed speeches, over and over!
You are so bad

About that dress posted above - IT WAS THE 80's!!!! Also, how cool is it she was so thin she could wear layers like that!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that dress is very 80's chic. It looks like it was very well made. She was to wear much worse later on, you know......

I think the outfit I saw her in around the Tabgo era was the worst for me. It was this black, kinda straight dress with shirring up the front and some kind of big gold, glittery motif going down one side. THAT was the most un-Stevie thing I have ever seen her wear.

She was really thin in it, though.

Anybody got a picture of that or know what I am talking about?

-Sharon
Old 01-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I think that dress is very 80's chic. It looks like it was very well made. She was to wear much worse later on, you know......

I think the outfit I saw her in around the Tabgo era was the worst for me. It was this black, kinda straight dress with shirring up the front and some kind of big gold, glittery motif going down one side. THAT was the most un-Stevie thing I have ever seen her wear.

She was really thin in it, though.

Anybody got a picture of that or know what I am talking about?

-Sharon
I know - she wore that 80's prom dress thing to the MTV awards when she and CM presented!!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's a pic of someone ELSE wearing the same dress in the Tango tourbook - Stevie's makeup girl. I like that dress!

Just saw this on ebay:

Dress

Last edited by Livia; 01-16-2004 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
There's a pic of someone ELSE wearing the same dress in the Tango tourbook - Stevie's makeup girl. I like that dress!

Just saw this on ebay:

Dress
The hair on the other hand

Old 01-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
The hair on the other hand
Wasn't that the wig era?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh man....I thought she looked really pretty at the Purple Rain premiere. I must be an 80's girl! [gag!] heh!

Here is a quote I have from a magazine article from Allure 1995:

"Neither Prince nor I is shy to tell the world that we love beautiful things, beautiful fabrics. We can afford to buy them, and we do. He once picked me up at the Minneapolis airport at 9:30 in the morning, and we went to his purple house and recorded a song. He was driving around 120 miles an hour in his purple car, with me in my black chiffon stage clothes, him in his purple suit, purple car. We were going so over the speed limit that I said, "If we get pulled over, we're dead. Because you and I don't look like we're from this planet."

I have also heard often that Prince did always like to speed.

????

Somewhere I have another mention of the Prince thing, and she mentions how long it actually took to get to his house, and how absurdly fast it was. But I can't remember where I heard her say that - on a video clip, or some other article or book I have...???

I do see where she sometimes says one story for one thing (like what a song is about, or some event or situation or whatever), and then I hear her say something completely different. She might just get things confused sometimes. It will happen to all of us as we get into our 40's and 50's! lol! And in her case, she was high for a lot of it. I amsure things just get melted in to other situations. We all sometimes do that. Start to say something and then start correcting ourselves or asking ourselves questions outloud, right while we are telling the story to someone. "It was at Cindy's wedding reception, I remember it like it was yesterday, it was so funny. I was wearing that black dress with the ribbon-y v-neck, and it was so much fun...wait a minute, or did I wear that at New Year's? Or was this whole situation from New Year's...not the wedding....? Damn, I forget....Well anyways, whenever it was, this is what happened, it was a riot, you should have been there...."