User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I thought exactly the same thing, although I never heard about any comment from Lindsey about it. The 3 Brits are front and center, with Buckingham/Nicks in the background.
Sorry to do this in Chris's forum, but I found the article with that same photo by H. W. Worthington III, 1976 -- It's from Rolling Stone, Dec 16-23, 1999 (Special Photo Edition) p. 120.

"This is quite early on, pre-Rumours," says Lindsey Buckingham, "and I think we were right on that cusp where we had had some success and knew something was coming. We weren't sure what it was, but we knew things were going to change. I think you can see, from just the placement of the people in the picture, that Stevie and I were still kinda new kids. We both look pretty contemplative here, like it's in our minds that one of the things that's going to change as this Fleetwood Mac thing evolves is our relationship, and that maybe the signs are already in front of us, the writing is on the wall. In Mick's case, you can see a lot of the focus and the obsession to make this Fleetwood Mac thing fly coming from him -- to his credit. There's a lot of excitement that doesn't show in this photo, but the underlying things are the things we realized we were going to have to give up for that. That's show business -- that's the way it works." H.W. Worthington ended up having a long relationship with Fleetwood Mac, doing three of their album covers and many more for Stevie Nicks' solo career. "They were fabulous subjects," he says. "Look at Rumours. They look like cartoon characters -- every one of them."
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrK
Sorry to do this in Chris's forum, but I found the article with that same photo by H. W. Worthington III, 1976 -- It's from Rolling Stone, Dec 16-23, 1999 (Special Photo Edition) p. 120.

"This is quite early on, pre-Rumours," says Lindsey Buckingham, "and I think we were right on that cusp where we had had some success and knew something was coming. We weren't sure what it was, but we knew things were going to change. I think you can see, from just the placement of the people in the picture, that Stevie and I were still kinda new kids. We both look pretty contemplative here, like it's in our minds that one of the things that's going to change as this Fleetwood Mac thing evolves is our relationship, and that maybe the signs are already in front of us, the writing is on the wall. In Mick's case, you can see a lot of the focus and the obsession to make this Fleetwood Mac thing fly coming from him -- to his credit. There's a lot of excitement that doesn't show in this photo, but the underlying things are the things we realized we were going to have to give up for that. That's show business -- that's the way it works." H.W. Worthington ended up having a long relationship with Fleetwood Mac, doing three of their album covers and many more for Stevie Nicks' solo career. "They were fabulous subjects," he says. "Look at Rumours. They look like cartoon characters -- every one of them."
Hmm. That was interesting, thanks for posting that.

-Lis
Old 08-02-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrK

great post
Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this picture on eBay. Chris always looks great in shades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bwmacpak1pb0cropped.jpg (74.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I found this picture on eBay. Chris always looks great in shades.
yaaaaay new picture! thankyou!!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...it amazes me how large this thread has become. I've missed some great pictures and conversation!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume View Post
Wow...it amazes me how large this thread has become. I've missed some great pictures and conversation!
Hi Erica. Welcome back. It's been quite a while since you checked out this forum. And, thanks for starting this thread.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A while ago I posted an official picture of Chris when she recieved her degree.

Now I've turned it into a painting

Gail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Degree painting 2.jpg (56.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
A while ago I posted an official picture of Chris when she recieved her degree.

Now I've turned it into a painting

Gail
How did you do that?
Old 11-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How did you do that?
MY original plan was to learn to paint (overnight), then go round to Christine's house and persuade her to dress up in all that gear. Then I could paint her.

It turned out to be quicker to use Photoshop!

this really is one of the great threads!

Gail

PS You can actually get some quite nice effects using Photoshop to turn photographs into something that looks like a painting. I'm not very skilled at it (yet) and that was one of my earlier attempts.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Erica. Welcome back. It's been quite a while since you checked out this forum. And, thanks for starting this thread.

Thanks! I never know when I'll go missing in action, but I usually come back sometime.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
MY original plan was to learn to paint (overnight), then go round to Christine's house and persuade her to dress up in all that gear. Then I could paint her.

Gail

PS You can actually get some quite nice effects using Photoshop to turn photographs into something that looks like a painting. I'm not very skilled at it (yet) and that was one of my earlier attempts.
What version of Photoshop do you have? I love to play around with all the filters. Levels are amazing too.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail

I should have known you were playing with Photoshop again.

I don't have Photoshop. I have some software called Photostudio that came with my scanner. I haven't really figured out how to play with some of the stuff yet, just the basics. I've heard that Photoshop is VERY expensive. Is that true?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume View Post
What version of Photoshop do you have? I love to play around with all the filters. Levels are amazing too.
I have CS2 which I bought after going to an evening class of 10 2 hour lessons.

It does so much - probably more than I actually need but it is good fun and yes the filters and levels can give you some really good effects

Gail
Old 11-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I should have known you were playing with Photoshop again.

I don't have Photoshop. I have some software called Photostudio that came with my scanner. I haven't really figured out how to play with some of the stuff yet, just the basics. I've heard that Photoshop is VERY expensive. Is that true?
Photoshop is very expensive (I paid about £375 which is in excess of $550) but it does a hell of a lot.

Photoshop Elements has quite a few of the functions of Photoshop and is a good alternative and a hell of a lot cheaper - probably $125

Gail