User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2020, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh give me a break. I'm pretty sure folks can register and start posting, this isn't by invitation only.
I will give you a break, as requested.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They keep coming back because it's a great site. Or at least it felt great before LB was fired. There should be an effort to change when you have multiple people telling you they'd like to see a change. Change is good. Sheryl Crow says, "a change will do you good." No one is hoping for daggers aimed at board owners. They just want the general abusive broken record posts to cease. I have read all the grievances, taken note of them in my brain, and hope that the negative Nancies will try to correct what displeases people. People don't want to leave the Ledge. We want to make it great again.
I don’t think anyone is going to correct what displeases you.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

You're the best thing that ever happened to the Ledge.

It's a complete 180 from the Johnny Stew years. Thank god.

People allowed to speak their minds and voice their opinions, without fear of retaliation.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

You're the best thing that ever happened to the Ledge.

It's a complete 180 from the Johnny Stew years. Thank god.

People allowed to speak their minds and voice their opinions, without fear of retaliation.
Good one, Homer, Hilarious!
Old 01-15-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Presumably that free speech includes the right to criticize the forum and how it is moderated.
Thank goodness I have thick skin.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Life without Michele is like listening to $tevie's Silent NIght on repeat. It's just awful!!
Old 01-15-2020, 07:03 PM
justcrazylove
This message has been deleted by justcrazylove.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

16 years on this board and Michele is the glue to this whole ****show. She allows analytical reasoned debate. That can at times result in people venting their emotions, that should be encouraged not hindered; it prevents the board from descending into a worship ground. These 5 human beings that we love are above not above reproach, they are not above anything. Stevie's and Mick's actions in the past two years have been deplorable, the scorn is valid and expected, they broke a lot of peoples heart's, mine included. This board will bounce back, we have lived through the 7wonders years and many a glut of ardent Stevie supporters throwing nasty comments Lindsey's way.

My last point on this, as one of the senior people still on this board, and I have for most of the past 2 years remained relativity silent on the subject. Lindsey has for the last 20 years refrained from ever publicly criticising Stevie. The same cannot be said for her, Stevie has in numerous instances publically bashed Lindsey, his personality, his work, his solo career. Then at the end of all of that, his perseverance of keeping this band afloat since 2003 they kick him out. If you can't see the injustice in that then no wonder you don't like this board. Your knowledge of the history, machinations and personalities of this band is rubbish.

Peace and love
Old 01-15-2020, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
16 years on this board and Michele is the glue to this whole ****show. She allows analytical reasoned debate. That can at times result in people venting their emotions, that should be encouraged not hindered; it prevents the board from descending into a worship ground. These 5 human beings that we love are above not above reproach, they are not above anything. Stevie's and Mick's actions in the past two years have been deplorable, the scorn is valid and expected, they broke a lot of peoples heart's, mine included. This board will bounce back, we have lived through the 7wonders years and many a glut of ardent Stevie supporters throwing nasty comments Lindsey's way.

My last point on this, as one of the senior people still on this board, and I have for most of the past 2 years remained relativity silent on the subject. Lindsey has for the last 20 years refrained from ever publicly criticising Stevie. The same cannot be said for her, Stevie has in numerous instances publically bashed Lindsey, his personality, his work, his solo career. Then at the end of all of that, his perseverance of keeping this band afloat since 2003 they kick him out. If you can't see the injustice in that then no wonder you don't like this board. Your knowledge of the history, machinations and personalities of this band is rubbish.

Peace and love
Beautifully and intelligently stated!!
Old 01-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
I appreciate the kind words. You know, things have changed. It’s due to the age of the band, the fact that there’s no new material to discuss, Lindsey’s firing and the changing nature of the internet, which has given us so many new, alternate platforms. And we’ve changed too. The Ledge will never be like it was. The current tone may not be the “new normal”. Maybe we’re still evolving into whatever the new normal is, but the old normal is NEVER returning.

There are different ways to be a fan and I’m just not the glowy, positive vibe type of fan. I never have been. I am the “Why in the devil did Kristen put that picture of Lindsey on the cover of Gift of Screws??” type of fan. I will always complain.

Viv mourned Lindsey for 2 months. I will mourn him until I DIE. Save for death, there is no end in site. ItÂ’s a permanent thing. I never stopped wanting Christine back. I cried in concert when the other two performed without her, right up until her return and she was (at the time) only my third favorite.

Happiness is a ephemeral. You never feel the same joy you did when something great happens for the first time, but sadness and loss remain fresh every time you recall whatÂ’s gone. The pain renews itself. I cannot pretend that the heart ache falls away. ItÂ’s never ending.

Let’s just be glad that for those who seek them, there are “worship grounds” like you mentioned. People can readily find whatever type of place that feels like home to them.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the kind words. You know, things have changed. It’s due to the age of the band, the fact that there’s no new material to discuss, Lindsey’s firing and the changing nature of the internet, which has given us so many new, alternate platforms. And we’ve changed too. The Ledge will never be like it was. The current tone may not be the “new normal”. Maybe we’re still evolving into whatever the new normal is, but the old normal is NEVER returning.

There are different ways to be a fan and I’m just not the glowy, positive vibe type of fan. I never have been. I am the “Why in the devil did Kristen put that picture of Lindsey on the cover of Gift of Screws??” type of fan. I will always complain.

Viv mourned Lindsey for 2 months. I will mourn him until I DIE. Save for death, there is no end in site. ItÂ’s a permanent thing. I never stopped wanting Christine back. I cried in concert when the other two performed without her, right up until her return and she was (at the time) only my third favorite.

Happiness is a ephemeral. You never feel the same joy you did when something great happens for the first time, but sadness and loss remain fresh every time you recall whatÂ’s gone. The pain renews itself. I cannot pretend that the heart ache falls away. ItÂ’s never ending.

Let’s just be glad that for those who seek them, there are “worship grounds” like you mentioned. People can readily find whatever type of place that feels like home to them.
Haha!! Leaving me all those Easter eggs.. You're just teasing me.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we have lived through the 7wonders years
What were those?
Old 01-16-2020, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
What were those?
Omg, the Ledge crashed for maybe a week, back in it's heyday... like 2007 or so. SO MANY people were lost(this is before Facebook was a daily thing among of us -then- post college students). Several "free" message boards popped up...

Seven Wonders was one of them. It was one of the bigger ones. And it remained popular for a year or two after the Ledge was back. BUT was eventually moderated by people who were 100% $tevie WORSHIPPERS. If anything negative was said against the queen, they were banished from the kingdom. It died, as it deserved to do.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really and truly, pre Facebook, for most of us, THE LEDGE was was the best thing on the internet.

It's hard to imagine how small the internet was, then vs now. Seemingly anyway, as a FM fan.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:06 AM

I love The Ledge. I feel a part of it. I don't even mind people that disagree with me. I love a few of you that I've gotten to know outside of the board.
What irritates me is when people tell you what you should or shouldn't express because they don't agree.

Back on Topic. I'm half way through the book. (I'm reading 3 damn things at one time. Which is usually the case when I get bored with one book.)
So far there's not a lot we already don't know. It's just from Ken and Hernan's POV. Let me sum it up.

Christine's songs are solid and everyone loved recording them. Especially, Brown Eyes and Never Forget. Dennis was around a lot. He let Ken drive his car. Dennis drank and drove fast cars a lot. Christine was in love. Christine had a lot of keys pulled from Lindsey's songs because he wanted raw.

Stevie was becoming a superstar, and LB and Mick weren't giving her the recognition she deserved. That lack of attention pushed her even harder. So she started writing on her own with Tom Moncrieff. Songs that ended up on Bella Donna were written. She slept with a lot of people. Including Hernan, Mick and Dennis.

Lindsey was taking over as musical director for the band which caused conflict with Ken and Mick. However, he didn't know how to communicate what he wanted from the band. And the band didn't know what he wanted. The result was rockabilly and punk sounds that didn't make sense to Ken. Lindsey's mood goes from 0-100 in 10 seconds. Lindsey fired Hernan and then hired him back.

Mick went along so he could collect a paycheck and eventually go bankrupt.
John did what he was told and left.

In the end it all worked out because it sold 4 million units.

THE END

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-16-2020 at 08:11 AM..
Old 01-16-2020, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm reading through the book as well and am a little confused with Hernan keep mentioning that he started working with Fleetwood Mac when he remixed the singles from Rumours, I am not aware of any single mixes for the Rumours songs, or am I missing something?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource