Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Brad Jeffries comment

June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindsey’s ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I don’t think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; it’s called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Mac’s touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, it’s just that numbers don’t lie. It’s a business…nothing personal. I’m sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

While everyone is going to flame him. Just remember....Stevie pays his bills (or at least used to). Stevie made him a bigger video star and Stevie has been loyal to him for decades. No surprise to be very loyal to her since they have been very close for decades.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and when mama pays your bills you say things like this. Has Lindsey purposely annoyed Stevie? Of course, too many times to count. Has Lindsey been jealous of Stevie's solo career? Of course it has always bothered him. These 2 have never been over each other and still find ways to go after each other.

Seriously, would anyone expect Brad to say something different?
Old 05-02-2021, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really. I'm sure both contributed quite a lot to the pain in the ass incidents. I think I saw one in Vancouver in 1997 when standing in line to get into the show, we were informed the concert was cancelled due to an "illness" which the rumours swirled was anything but. I digress, what really matters to the fans is the work they've done together which has been nothing short of spectacular. Romanticism, of the greatest love story of all time, this is definitely no that and never has been. All of the handholding and forehead kissing was for show purposes and many bought into it over the years, making them very rich in the process.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years. They probably should have split up the band after Rumours to save everyone's sanity. I also didn't realize how close he and Stevie have remained after all these years. I thought it was an interesting read from him. The things we learn after all these years from the internet. Everyone has a story/version. LOL

Old 05-02-2021, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just another Chiffonhead, blathering on in worship of their queen.

Nothing to see here people, keep moving...
Old 05-02-2021, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Looking at the glass half full:
The Lindsey/Stevie drama sure has created some fantastic songs.
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Kind of Woman
Silver Springs
Never Going Back Again

In later years each still proved many years after their breakup they were still writing songs about each other

Go Insane
Blue Denim

And I am only scratching the surface
Old 05-02-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really.
I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...
They weren't making new music anymore just doing concerts.

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.
100%.
And to Brad J.: Hey, Dummy--you don't have to kiss her *** anymore. I doubt she's going to have you clomping around on-stage with your walker. Now if we could only get the viewpoint/opinion of the treadmill...
Old 05-02-2021, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

You are so right about this. It drove Lindsey crazy that Stevie wouldn't commit to a new record, but obviously she had thought this out and yes, touring brings the most money, adoration and you really don't need Lindsey. They did it before with Rick and Billy

Old 05-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't disagree that Lindsey was a pain the butt at times over the years and that he was jealous of her solo success. But at the same time can you blame him? I mean think about it. She is a talented songwriter but she isn't really a producer or even a musician. She can play Piano and Guitar but on a basic level. There's a reason you rarely see her play an instrument beyond a tambourine on stage. During the bands heyday she contributed the least work in the studio and yet for all the work he put in on hers and everyone else's songs she's the star. I truly believe if it wasn't for his meticulous vision and work on the albums the band wouldn't be as revered as they are today.

Though to be honest his comments don't really hold water for me beyond what we already know is true that I mentioned above. He once worked for her and got good money. He's essentially sucking up. When was the last time he had anything to do with her solo career?

It's so stupid the way some people in her camp or entourage etc seem content to bash him with no real evidence to support their BS claims. Look at what Vanessa Carlton wrote on instagram claiming he either beats women or beat Stevie ( I can't recall exactly what she wrote) but then when asked where's the proof and she says SN told her. Sure and everything that comes out of her mouth is the gospel truth. We all know she lied about the 2 year tour delay so I wouldn't put much stock in what she says especially given how coked up she was in the 80's . She wasn't exactly mother Theresa herself.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindsey’s ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I don’t think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; it’s called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Mac’s touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, it’s just that numbers don’t lie. It’s a business…nothing personal. I’m sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.
Is Brad on Twitter? I would love to read any of the comments and maybe post a few of my own. EDIT I found his post. It is on Quora and it is too old to comment on.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 05-02-2021 at 05:40 PM..
Old 05-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty.
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2021, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know.
Brad is the guy who dances in several of her 80's videos. Apparently he now works as a Massage Therapist. But I would take what he says with a grain if salt. Do you think he would really tell the truth about someone he used to work for and considers a friend?

I love how he says he knows of 2 incidents but then says it's not his place to say which likely means its BS.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Looking at the glass half full:
The Lindsey/Stevie drama sure has created some fantastic songs.
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Kind of Woman
Silver Springs
Never Going Back Again

In later years each still proved many years after their breakup they were still writing songs about each other

Go Insane
Blue Denim

And I am only scratching the surface
Thrown Down is one of my favorite FM songs, and is probably the most obvious example I could think of off the top of my head.