The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-24-2020, 01:56 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

Though Hotel California sounds a bit like a Jethro Tull track.
I never would have thought of that association. IMO Hotel California's closest musical relative is Poco's Rose of Cimarron which came out just before the former. It was recorded a couple of years before Timothy B. Schmitt jumped ship from Poco to the Eagles.I never understood why it wasn't a hit for them.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I never would have thought of that association. IMO Hotel California's closest musical relative is Poco's Rose of Cimarron which came out just before the former. It was recorded a couple of years before Timothy B. Schmitt jumped ship from Poco to the Eagles.I never understood why it wasn't a hit for them.

The song ..We should know by Jethro Tull is similar sounding, to Hotel California....but the Ian Anderson song is from a 1969 Album...Stand up
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-24-2020, 04:36 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The song ..We should know by Jethro Tull is similar sounding, to Hotel California....but the Ian Anderson song is from a 1969 Album...Stand up
Wow I just listened to it .While the Poco song I mentioned is similar in that it is a nearly 7 minute country rock song with vocals from soon to be Eagle Timothy B Schmitt the Jethro Tull song has a guitar part that sounds like the Eagles sampled it..Maybe they had shared a bill with Tull before writing it .
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-24-2020, 06:04 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wow I just listened to it .While the Poco song I mentioned is similar in that it is a nearly 7 minute country rock song with vocals from soon to be Eagle Timothy B Schmitt the Jethro Tull song has a guitar part that sounds like the Eagles sampled it..Maybe they had shared a bill with Tull before writing it .
The Eagles were the support act for Jethro Tull....1971-1972...
Maybe it just oozed into their pores ...via osmosis.....hahaha

I never really liked the Eagles tho I did appreciate their bigger hits.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


(2) Bekka Bramlett (Bonnie's daughter) CD I Got News For You/What's In It For Me picture

(2) Bekka Bramlett (Bonnie's daughter) CD I Got News For You/What's In It For Me

$24.99



Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW picture

Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW

$21.33



BEKKA BRAMLETT: I GOT NEWS FOR YOU (CD.) picture

BEKKA BRAMLETT: I GOT NEWS FOR YOU (CD.)

$24.15



Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW picture

Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW

$19.39



Joe Cocker ft Bekka Bramlett - Take Me Home - CD Single picture

Joe Cocker ft Bekka Bramlett - Take Me Home - CD Single

$2.07




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved