Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2022, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Trod Nossel was recorded in October '75, plus short review

I've been looking up newspaper articles from 1975-1976 about the band's new lineup and their reception. Here's something I found that may be of interest to someone.

This article has some glaring errors and it seems to have been published a week after it was written. That said, I'll now be changing the dates of my Trod Nossel boot to 23 October 1975 from 3 September or 23 September 1975.

~~~

From the Record & Journal, Meriden, Connecticut
1 November 1975

Fleetwood Mac in Wallingford

"The rocking Fleetwood Mac, fresh off their show with Jefferson Starship last Monday night [20 October 1975] in New Haven, stopped off at Wallingford's Trod Nossel Studios Thursday night [23 October 1975] to record a radio concert for WPLR.

Before an appreciate audience of about 100 fans, the group played a marathon session that kept 10 George St. cooking until around midnight.

After an hour of the inevitable sound checks and other equipment tests, the players turned on the crowd by breaking into "Station Man."

Boasting the most sexually balanced sound around, Fleetwood Mac features Stephanie Nicks as lead female vocalist, backed by the strong keyboard and voice of Christine McVie, her husband John McVie on bass guitar, Lindsey Buckingham on lead guitar and Mick Fleetwood on drums.

The group is also a combination of talent pooled from two continents. The McVies came to Fleetwood Mac from the British blues band Chicken Shack, and the Christine McVie vocal has since become a trademark of the Fleetwood sound.

The atmosphere in Trod Nossel was professional but loose, the band pausing to shout messages at or joke with the studio technicians mixing the music in the glass-paneled control room. During one lull in the action, drummer Fleetwood stepped to the microphone for an ad lib solo on a huge bongo drum.

The lucky audience applied for their free tickets at the Sound of Music in Meriden, Waterbeds of Hartford and Jimmy's Army & Navy in West Haven. Those admitted were chosen at random from among the applicants.

Thursday's concert was the third this fall in the WPLR series. Larry Coryell and the Eleventh House were in town Sept. 23, followed by Foghat Oct. 8. No dates have been set yet for future sessions."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Morning_Record_Sat__Nov_1__1975_ trod nossel.jpg (99.0 KB, 8 views)

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 12-15-2022, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, this was a fascinating read! Interesting that in another thread, someone said Stevie was a glorified back up singer during this period, yet this article calls her the lead singer, while Lindsey is relegated to guitarist only. Nice to see Christine get props.

How things would change so much so quickly is stunning.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, this was a fascinating read! Interesting that in another thread, someone said Stevie was a glorified back up singer during this period, yet this article calls her the lead singer, while Lindsey is relegated to guitarist only. Nice to see Christine get props.

How things would change so much so quickly is stunning.
I think what was meant was, she didn't have the amount of songs in the set a true "lead" singer would have.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think what was meant was, she didn't have the amount of songs in the set a true "lead" singer would have.
BW isn't accepting that notion.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BW isn't accepting that notion.
She had Landslide and Rhiannon, no? What else did she have in that set?

Get Like
Station Man
Landslide
Rhinnon
Spare Me
ISA
Hypnotized
World Turning
Blue Letter
Don't Let Me Down Again (B/N)

of course not in this order. I may be missing a song or two. I just went off the top of my head.

I think it was Steve that said it. And it was a compliment to her. As in, she really took over in star power.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I get it, and I agree. I just thought it was interesting, coming off the other thread. I’m more surprised or confused as to why Lindsey wasn’t credited with vocals as well as guitar. Just goes to show how little was known about this incarnation of FM at that time- there was so little time between B/N joining FM and the band entering superstardom, which makes it one of the most intriguing eras of the band. To me, anyway.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I get it, and I agree. I just thought it was interesting, coming off the other thread. I’m more surprised or confused as to why Lindsey wasn’t credited with vocals as well as guitar. Just goes to show how little was known about this incarnation of FM at that time- there was so little time between B/N joining FM and the band entering superstardom, which makes it one of the most intriguing eras of the band. To me, anyway.
Come on, now. $tevie is the $tar, and you know it. Come on... rip that bandaid off and break out that tambourine with the jingles taped down.