Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I just watched Urban and it gave me chills. He sounded good and so touching. Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4sQzl3jbg
That's so touching, I'm at a loss for words.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow this conclusion of a paragraph!!

But while her bandmates brought the flash and the tragic backstories, she brought the pop smarts and elegance. But she also provides a necessary counterbalance. She was a sturdy, unpretentious hard worker in a band full of wild animals, a reasonable person in a band of unreasonable people, and ultimately an idealistic and a romantic in a band that specialized in disillusionment. It’s a balance that improbably worked, and because of her steady hand, Fleetwood Mac seemed to be everywhere, and in places you would never have expected to find them. She gave us all the love in the world, and we gave it right back to her.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dennis Dunstan (former manager) posted two pics in his instagram, with these words:

Woke this morning to the devastating news.. Christine McVie, one of my dearest friends with whom I got to share so many amazing memories has passed.. Too shocked to say a lot atm but to say we have lost one heck of an amazing talent and human being would be a gross understatement ..The Songbird has left the building… way way too soon

Warm Ways… Dont “Ever” Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!! Will be missed dearly by the entire Mac Family
Old 12-02-2022, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A nice article from Billboard

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock...ac-1235179553/
Old 12-02-2022, 09:36 AM

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock...op-1235179382/

Don't Stop was not co-written, Billboard! It was co-sung.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara Lynn Fleetwood (Sara Recor) twitted too on wednesday:

OH MY GOD! CHRISTINE. OH NO YOU GUYS. OUR SONGBIRD. SHE IS NO LONGER HERE��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️��️oh no!!!!!

I knew this day would come. Im in shock.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow—of all the musical tributes, this one moved me the most. So earnest and intimate. And the crowd singing along without the lyrics posted on the screen behind him. And the lovely pictures of Christine herself. You can tell he truly dug her.
And it was put together with so little notice too.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow this conclusion of a paragraph!!

But while her bandmates brought the flash and the tragic backstories, she brought the pop smarts and elegance. But she also provides a necessary counterbalance. She was a sturdy, unpretentious hard worker in a band full of wild animals, a reasonable person in a band of unreasonable people, and ultimately an idealistic and a romantic in a band that specialized in disillusionment. It’s a balance that improbably worked, and because of her steady hand, Fleetwood Mac seemed to be everywhere, and in places you would never have expected to find them. She gave us all the love in the world, and we gave it right back to her.
I had a horrible week before news of Chris' death became known and so I've just continued to be numb all week. But this really brought a tear to my eyes. Beautifully said.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope that the amount of love and tributes that Christine has received since her passing will get the powers to be to (finally) release the documentary and live concert from '84 on DVD or preferably Blu-Ray. Her Fleetwood Mac material will always garner the most attention but that album is so underrated to me. The doc has so many fantastic moments and quotes from Chris and the concert is the one time we get to see her "on her own".

She deserves all of the praise she's receiving and I hope that people will find that she did some great things outside of Fleetwood Mac too.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I just came across this playlist on Amazon. What is nice about it is that it's all stuff from completely outside of Fleetwood Mac.

REDISCOVER Christine McVie: https://www.amazon.com/music/player/...048751&sr=8-53
Old 12-03-2022, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I hope that the amount of love and tributes that Christine has received since her passing will get the powers to be to (finally) release the documentary and live concert from '84 on DVD or preferably Blu-Ray. Her Fleetwood Mac material will always garner the most attention but that album is so underrated to me. The doc has so many fantastic moments and quotes from Chris and the concert is the one time we get to see her "on her own".

She deserves all of the praise she's receiving and I hope that people will find that she did some great things outside of Fleetwood Mac too.
YES! It would be so wonderful if those were to be rereleased! There are a few items that fans may consider to be the Holy Grail of Fleetwood Mac fandom;

- The Christine McVie and live concert from 1984.
- A Deluxe Edition of her 1984 album.
- The rest of the songs from the Mirage concert that weren’t included in the video or audio releases.
- Anything at all, video or audio, of the FM concert at the Kentucky Derby with Steve Winwood in the band.
- Behind the Mask Deluxe Edition, along with the other songs by Christine during that era such as Love Shines and Heart of Stone.

I’m afraid the first thing we’ll get will be a packaging of her Fleetwood Mac songs, from beginning to end. While that would be awesome to see her FM songs collected so the casual fan could appreciate her music and contributions to FM, it’s the Holy Grail items most true fans want, and not just a repackaging of material already available.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The USC band page on facebook (The Spirit of Troy) sent out a message of "#FightOnForever Christine McVie."

Also during the PAC 12 Championship game last night FOX played a small portion of "Say You Love Me" going into a commercial break.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-03-2022, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

What's going on in the UK? I was expecting the King to declare Christine Perfect McVie day or something.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What's going on in the UK? I was expecting the King to declare Christine Perfect McVie day or something.
I always wondered why there was no honour for Christine, at least, given her enormous contribution to British music. So many others of her generation received an honour like an MBE, OBE, CBE or even a Damehood. I had suspected that she might have been offered one and refused out of modesty (or perhaps she wasn’t a monarchist), but remembered that back in 2000 she accepted an honorary doctorate and so that sort of thing was not beneath her.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Bill Clinton used Don’t Stop, I was happy as a fan because it triggered the band reunion. But now I am thinking of what a boon it must have been for her personally. Politics aside, the song became an anthem, outside of FM concerts. I am happy to have had her singled out, in retrospect.