User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Cool Mac member's lifestyles

No surprise that Mick is the founder yet has the least amount of money of the band. I love Lindsey's practical cars. I cant picture Stevie driving that truck. Does anyone remember the NicksFix auctioning off Stevie's red 80's jeep in the late 90s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEK-gUTEjo
Old 08-23-2022, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No surprise that Mick is the founder yet has the least amount of money of the band. I love Lindsey's practical cars. I cant picture Stevie driving that truck. Does anyone remember the NicksFix auctioning off Stevie's red 80's jeep in the late 90s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEK-gUTEjo
I'll bet Stevie is a terrible driver. I can't even imagine her driving, she's such a ditz.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll bet Stevie is a terrible driver. I can't even imagine her driving, she's such a ditz.
I wonder if it was Stevie who was driving in this episode from Mick's first book.

I remember going to Hawaii by myself in February. I told Jenny I wanted to inspect some property I had bought on Maui, but the real reason was to visit Stevie, who was renting a house with her friend Sara Recor and another lady. They were supposed to meet my plane, but they had taken a dot of acid and gone to the wrong airport. We rendezvoused later at a restaurant, and then went on to Stevie's house.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought someone here said Stevie doesn’t have a license and hasn’t driven in years?

Neat that Lindsey has a practical car, but I bet he spends millions of dollars on building recording studios for his hobby of recording music. And didn’t he just pay millions of dollars to buy a house solely for his wife to redecorate?

No, it’s not a surprise Mick and John make less money than Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie- they don’t write songs and make their money from touring only.

It’s their money so they all have the right to spend it however they please. At least they’re not putting the money in a drug dealer’s hand anymore
Old 08-23-2022, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I thought someone here said Stevie doesn’t have a license and hasn’t driven in years?

No, it’s not a surprise Mick and John make less money than Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie- they don’t write songs and make their money from touring only.

It’s their money so they all have the right to spend it however they please. At least they’re not putting the money in a drug dealer’s hand anymore
Isn't she blind as a bat, to boot?

But Mick wants to live like $tevie...IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

I'd say Lindsey still spends a fair amount on pot. I have an older(74) lady friend in Nashville, who still drinks like a fish. On her 75th birthday, she wants to do a bunch of blow, and smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds. I've told her I won't be in the same room as the cigarettes!
Old 08-23-2022, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whoever did this video just makes stuff up.

They show the exact same house for Mick and John, saying in John's case it's his house in LA and in Mick's case it's his house in Hawaii. It looks like the house John owned in Oahu. The house they say Lindsey sold after raising his family is a house his wife remodeled and decorated and sold for profit. The turret house was the house the raised the family in. In the DR doc he's driving a black Benz I think.... I'd pay to see him driving around in a Toyota. Just like I'd pay to see Stevie driving around in a F-150. (Did she own it for her groundskeeper/property manager to use? Maybe. That'd be the only plausible reason I could see). John was driving.... was it a Porsche in the DR doc??
The stuff about Christine's homes seems mostly right. I don't recall Stevie putting her Pacific Palisades house on the market in 2017, as it was where she and her Covid circle were hanging a lot during lockdown. They show her with Jimmy while talking about JD Souther.... It just goes on... Bottom line, a lot of random bollocks all mixed in.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They show the exact same house for Mick and John, saying in John's case it's his house in LA and in Mick's case it's his house in Hawaii. It looks like the house John owned in Oahu.
I thought Mick bought John’s old house.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-24-2022, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought Mick bought John’s old house.
He may have indeed.

But the house still can't be in LA and in Hawaii.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
whoever did this video just makes stuff up.

They show the exact same house for Mick and John, saying in John's case it's his house in LA and in Mick's case it's his house in Hawaii. It looks like the house John owned in Oahu. The house they say Lindsey sold after raising his family is a house his wife remodeled and decorated and sold for profit. The turret house was the house the raised the family in. In the DR doc he's driving a black Benz I think.... I'd pay to see him driving around in a Toyota. Just like I'd pay to see Stevie driving around in a F-150. (Did she own it for her groundskeeper/property manager to use? Maybe. That'd be the only plausible reason I could see). John was driving.... was it a Porsche in the DR doc??
The stuff about Christine's homes seems mostly right. I don't recall Stevie putting her Pacific Palisades house on the market in 2017, as it was where she and her Covid circle were hanging a lot during lockdown. They show her with Jimmy while talking about JD Souther.... It just goes on... Bottom line, a lot of random bollocks all mixed in.
She did sell that house back then. There is a video on youtube of a fan trying to get in the gate to see the house and the guard wont let them in and explains she sold the house awhile ago. The fan knew that but still wanted to see the house.
She may have another pad in AZ though. The video did not mention that giant house she bought and immediately sold because it was haunted. My favorite Stevie house was her recent one in Santa Barbara over looking the ocean. Santa Barbara is the nicest place I have ever seen.
Chris did not buy Joan Collin's house until 1983 or 1984. I wish they would have shown her earlier house over the hills
Old 08-24-2022, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She did sell that house back then. There is a video on youtube of a fan trying to get in the gate to see the house and the guard wont let them in and explains she sold the house awhile ago. The fan knew that but still wanted to see the house.
She may have another pad in AZ though. The video did not mention that giant house she bought and immediately sold because it was haunted. My favorite Stevie house was her recent one in Santa Barbara over looking the ocean. Santa Barbara is the nicest place I have ever seen.
Chris did not buy Joan Collin's house until 1983 or 1984. I wish they would have shown her earlier house over the hills
hmmm.... no offense to your reply, but I couldn't shake the recollection that she had spent Covid in that house. I found the reference.. Vogue magazine article, October 2020.

https://www.vogue.com/article/stevie...-24-karat-gold

Nicks has spent most of the pandemic in her Pacific Palisades home with two close friends and the aforementioned Lily—a Chinese crested who sits dutifully on her owner’s lap during our call.

Also, she shot her video of the cranberry juice thing w/ Dreams in that house...that was also fall 2020...

I haven't heard anything about her selling her ocean front penthouse in Santa Monica, but who knows....

On a different note, I hadn't picked up on this quote from her until re-reading this article now:

“There’s a lyric from Mick Jagger that goes, ‘I have my freedom but I don’t have much time,’ and I’ve been saying that to people over the past two or three years,” Nicks says. “I know everybody just thinks I’m the Energizer Bunny, but I’ll be 80 in eight years.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmmm.... no offense to your reply, but I couldn't shake the recollection that she had spent Covid in that house. I found the reference.. Vogue magazine article, October 2020.

Nicks has spent most of the pandemic in her Pacific Palisades home with two close friends and the aforementioned Lily—a Chinese crested who sits dutifully on her owner’s lap during our call.

Also, she shot her video of the cranberry juice thing w/ Dreams in that house...that was also fall 2020...

I haven't heard anything about her selling her ocean front penthouse in Santa Monica, but who knows....

On a different note, I hadn't picked up on this quote from her until re-reading this article now:

“There’s a lyric from Mick Jagger that goes, ‘I have my freedom but I don’t have much time,’ and I’ve been saying that to people over the past two or three years,” Nicks says. “I know everybody just thinks I’m the Energizer Bunny, but I’ll be 80 in eight years.
Damn, your chiffon is showing!

$tevie will outlive the other 4. What was it Billy Joel said?
Old 08-25-2022, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ok here is the story. I thought you were talking about her Paradise Valley house which she did sell. That was the giant compound that she allowed her brother to live there at times. I know nothing about the Pacific Palisades house which is in LA. For some reason I thought you were talking about the Paradise Valley house in AZ. The video describes she started construction of it in 1981. I guess in my early morning reading Palisades turned into Paradise.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very practical observation by Stevie, which is unusual.

A couple of years ago there were pictures of Lindsey pumping gas and he had a black sedan. I don’t remember the model.

I’ve been really touched by the current commercial the Rolling Stones are running which features Charlie Watts. Watts died a year ago and no one would’ve expected them to advertise him in their spots, this prominently. It makes me glad for Watts and sad that I fell for a group of numbskulls who are not like that.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Very practical observation by Stevie, which is unusual.

A couple of years ago there were pictures of Lindsey pumping gas and he had a black sedan. I don’t remember the model.

I’ve been really touched by the current commercial the Rolling Stones are running which features Charlie Watts. Watts died a year ago and no one would’ve expected them to advertise him in their spots, this prominently. It makes me glad for Watts and sad that I fell for a group of numbskulls who are not like that.
Well, it's still about her life. But it's Practical Magic that she's staring at ghosts of the future.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think anyone thought she was the Energizer Bunny.