The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Fan Club Delivers - Sort of...

Wow... I go away for a few weeks and find that somebody has rearranged the house. Extreme Makeover style...

Anyway, the mailman delivered a package today from East End Management Company in Studio City CA. I thought it was the calendar and when I opened it up, found some promo stuff for SYW including this really cool window cling thingie. There is a letter enclosed that says "congratulations for winning the trivia contest.." - folks, this is going waaaaayyyy back to that contest they had where you had to get all the answers right then print off a certificate and mail it to them. Anyone remember that? I had completely forgotten about it.

Maybe by the end of the year, I'll get my calendar.

Sure looks nice in here!

Laura
Old 04-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bout time huh?

I finally got my calendar in the mail last week but, no letter from the band. I really wanted the letter more than the calendar. sigh. I wanted it to save, so I have it now at least. I am so glad that you got your contest winnings...East End is Lindsey's mgmt...so they are taking some charge it sounds like. Interesting.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I got a reject letter saying that the calendar was on back order and I would have to wait 3/4 weeks. I mean what is the point of sending it out now?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
Wow... I go away for a few weeks and find that somebody has rearranged the house. Extreme Makeover style...

Anyway, the mailman delivered a package today from East End Management Company in Studio City CA. I thought it was the calendar and when I opened it up, found some promo stuff for SYW including this really cool window cling thingie. There is a letter enclosed that says "congratulations for winning the trivia contest.." - folks, this is going waaaaayyyy back to that contest they had where you had to get all the answers right then print off a certificate and mail it to them. Anyone remember that? I had completely forgotten about it.

Maybe by the end of the year, I'll get my calendar.

Sure looks nice in here!

Laura
Wow! Now there's a turn up! LOL!

Pip
Old 04-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No letter?! Crumb! That's what I was looking forward to as well. I had already purchased a calendar and haven't written on it at all, like I normally would. Gotta have a clean one to save yanno.

Wonder how Lindsey's mgmt feels about having to be involved in this. I guess that means the band really is aware of the fan club issues. It's good to know they care enough to see that something gets done. Also makes me wonder how far it went before they took action, like if any lawyers or the Better Business Bureau had to get involved first. Idle curiosity, I guess.

Laura
Old 04-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol I forgot to even send that thing in oh well, lol

Chris
Old 04-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
No letter?! Crumb! That's what I was looking forward to as well. I had already purchased a calendar and haven't written on it at all, like I normally would. Gotta have a clean one to save yanno.

Wonder how Lindsey's mgmt feels about having to be involved in this. I guess that means the band really is aware of the fan club issues. It's good to know they care enough to see that something gets done. Also makes me wonder how far it went before they took action, like if any lawyers or the Better Business Bureau had to get involved first. Idle curiosity, I guess.

Laura
It is all so perplexing to me. This club mgmt team that has some really big stars whose fan clubs and websites they manage, are hired to clean up and make whole this fan club and they do nothing. I do not get the emails, I get something from fanfire, but, nothing from the club ever. I wanted the letter too cause I had already bought the calendar as well and I am like you, now I can open one of them and save one....Where is this fan club taking us? I want to believe that they will do right so much..
Old 04-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
I finally got my calendar in the mail last week but, no letter from the band. I really wanted the letter more than the calendar.
I got my calendar just the other day as well, but no letter. Bummer. Just when you think . . . .

But, glad everyone is getting part of what they were promised!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fan Club Emails

Awhile back the fan club sent an email that said very soon they would not be sending out emails any longer and instead they would just post in the News section of the website. I usually wait until someone posts that the area has been updated before I go and read. I don't want to check it every day for nothing.... I'm lazy.

Now I'm curious as to why the letters aren't getting included with the calendars. I remember some people did get them because somebody had posted what it said. BIG HEAVY SIGH...

Laura

PS: That's weird. I posted this message and it said Junior Ledgie. Last night I was just a registered user. When I came back to this thread to post about my status change I instantly became a Ledgie. I really LIKE this new board. Wish it were that way at work, well - but then I would want more money too.

Last edited by desertangel; 04-11-2004 at 05:39 PM..
Old 04-11-2004, 05:35 PM
desertangel
This message has been deleted by desertangel.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I got a reject letter saying that the calendar was on back order and I would have to wait 3/4 weeks. I mean what is the point of sending it out now?
Weird that they're sending them out so randomely...I got mine a long time ago (...and traded it! I know ya'll just want what you're due, but unless you're a calendar enthusiast it's basically just photos from the tourbook in calendar form.). I'm sure they figure no rush...they're probably keen to the fact that none of us are actually going to be using it to plan our year.