The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2024, 11:21 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,986
Default June 9, 2024 Mohegan Sun

Going tonight to see Stevie in concert and very excited. I last saw her in September opening for Billy Joel in an outdoor venue and her voice was the best I have heard this entire century. Looking forward to her 13 minute stories because she is so much fun to listen to and very funny with her comments. Hoping vocally she tops the September performance. This show is indoors inside a casino. I am not a gambler.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-11-2024, 02:49 AM
Andyleo's Avatar
Andyleo Andyleo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 217
Default

I hope you had a great time! Jealous here, I'll see her again if she comes to Australia this tour. Hope she hit some high notes for you.
__________________
... ...well you could use a dreamer... ...that's somewhere on your side...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx...hvpBkqw/videos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2024, 06:49 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,324
Default

I hope you had a great time and looking forward to your review
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2024, 08:11 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
I hope you had a great time! Jealous here, I'll see her again if she comes to Australia this tour. Hope she hit some high notes for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hope you had a great time and looking forward to your review
It was another great show on Sunday night. I went with three other people and also met up with some friends at the box office before the show. Stevie sounds really good. No amount of cell phone footage can relate to us how good she sounds on this tour. And she is full of energy and gusto. I'm one of those fans who love her stories and if she ever wants to ditch the music and just spend 2 hours talking, I'm game. All my life I have been irritated with hearing the same song set in basically the same order until recently when I finally admitted to myself that when I go to see any other artist perform I only want to hear their hits. With that in mind I realized that Stevie delivers the majority of the hits of which the public knows and on this tour you can hear how much she really loves her own songs because there is so much life in them still. So I really enjoyed myself. The highlight of the show was the Gypsy intro which I posted for you that I found on youtube and Gold Dust Woman. In GDW there were two times where the volume was cranked up higher and I loved that. At 76 years old she continues to prove she is in a rock band because they play loudly and I love that she sings everything live. There are no backing tracks that I am aware of. I would say the show I saw last September was better than this night and I wonder if that was because she was using Billy Joel's sound system. Some of the mixes at this show did have spots where her voice sounded muffled. Because I know all the words to every song I was ok but I wondered about the people who didn't. But I have always loved Stevie Nicks so I left very satisfied. The only complaint I have is that I am fairly short so even with great seats(14th row center) I had to struggle to see through most of the show, because everyone else is so tall. I so wish floor seating could be like a movie theatre with each row being one foot lower than the row behind it. I literally have to stand up for the whole show in order to see.


Last edited by vivfox; 06-11-2024 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2024, 08:14 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,986
Default

It was a sold out show and this is the cake they presented to Stevie backstage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June 9, 2024.jpg (89.9 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2024, 08:49 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,180
Default

Glad you enjoyed! Did everyone in the arena stand for the show?
Did she sing Fall From Grace, I Sing For the Things, Free Fallin, and Rock and Roll? I bet she's still not playing Sara. Marilyn said Stevie didn't want to play it anymore but I hope it will come back.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2024, 09:11 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Glad you enjoyed! Did everyone in the arena stand for the show?
Did she sing Fall From Grace, I Sing For the Things, Free Fallin, and Rock and Roll?
Most of the people in front of me stood for the whole show except during Soldier's Angel but the song got a much louder applause than I was expecting. She did not sing any of the songs you mentioned. She did perform For What It's Worth and that also got a better response than I thought it would.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2024, 09:31 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Most of the people in front of me stood for the whole show except during Soldier's Angel but the song got a much louder applause than I was expecting. She did not sing any of the songs you mentioned. She did perform For What It's Worth and that also got a better response than I thought it would.
That is great to hear about the reaction to Soldier's Angel. The video she had during that song was incredible.

That's right, she does The Buffalo Springfield song. I think that's a pretty well known tune. She really loves singing it.

Too bad that she's dropped songs. I guess she's singing about 14 songs now?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-2024, 06:39 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It was another great show on Sunday night. I went with three other people and also met up with some friends at the box office before the show. Stevie sounds really good. No amount of cell phone footage can relate to us how good she sounds on this tour. And she is full of energy and gusto. I'm one of those fans who love her stories and if she ever wants to ditch the music and just spend 2 hours talking, I'm game. All my life I have been irritated with hearing the same song set in basically the same order until recently when I finally admitted to myself that when I go to see any other artist perform I only want to hear their hits. With that in mind I realized that Stevie delivers the majority of the hits of which the public knows and on this tour you can hear how much she really loves her own songs because there is so much life in them still. So I really enjoyed myself. The highlight of the show was the Gypsy intro which I posted for you that I found on youtube and Gold Dust Woman. In GDW there were two times where the volume was cranked up higher and I loved that. At 76 years old she continues to prove she is in a rock band because they play loudly and I love that she sings everything live. There are no backing tracks that I am aware of. I would say the show I saw last September was better than this night and I wonder if that was because she was using Billy Joel's sound system. Some of the mixes at this show did have spots where her voice sounded muffled. Because I know all the words to every song I was ok but I wondered about the people who didn't. But I have always loved Stevie Nicks so I left very satisfied. The only complaint I have is that I am fairly short so even with great seats(14th row center) I had to struggle to see through most of the show, because everyone else is so tall. I so wish floor seating could be like a movie theatre with each row being one foot lower than the row behind it. I literally have to stand up for the whole show in order to see.

Glad you had a great time. Is this the latest Gypsy story?
Now she says she misses being a cleaning lady? I thought she hated it
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Glad you had a great time. Is this the latest Gypsy story?
Now she says she misses being a cleaning lady? I thought she hated it
She did hate being a cleaning lady. What she missed was the early days of struggling to become famous. Most likely she missed the simplicity of not being famous but they were probably just feelings she had here and there. Clearly she loves her fame and money.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-12-2024, 12:19 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,960
Default

It’s still amazing when she sells out a big show. She’s a commercial powerhouse after decades.

A long time ago, she said that she was at her happiest on a stage. She wasn’t kidding.

Get back out on the road again for a million reasons — but there’s only one reason: she loves it!
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2024, 12:31 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,381
Default

I think she is sounding better than she has for quite awhile…
Not so flat and shrill…quite melodic.

Being on the road obviously suits her.
She looks great (apart from the hair)…sounds much lighter somehow.
And is happy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-12-2024, 12:33 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She did hate being a cleaning lady. What she missed was the early days of struggling to become famous. Most likely she missed the simplicity of not being famous but they were probably just feelings she had here and there. Clearly she loves her fame and money.
Its funny because she never was a cleaning lady. She says it though. The guy who yanked Lindsey and Stevie from Fritz because he saw their talent saw how hard they were struggling. Even Stevie has said she started to regret leaving Fritz because at least that was a gig and the band was good. Keith paid her to clean and upkeep his house. He probably did that to keep her motivated and give her some earned money. Its almost she got an allowance from a producer for cleaning his house. Is not a cleaning lady definition someone that cleans houses for a living with multiple clients. If she only cleaned Keith Olson's house then that's hardly a cleaning lady. But I know its the rags from riches story she likes to tell. The truth is both Stevie and Lindsey came from very well off families. Stevie did not need to work or clean houses.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-12-2024, 03:29 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,394
Default

Yes somewhere I have read she worked cleaning Keith's house. Though in his book Mick mentions "houses", but probably they were occasional jobs. He also mention in his 1992 book, what Stevie also remembered in a 1994 interview, that she worked as a waitress in Copper Penny, Clementine’s, and Bob’s Big Boy.

It would be funny to see picture from her waitress days, wearing the uniform. And what I wouldn't give to have seen her working at Monica Geller's 50s-themed restaurant.



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-12-2024, 04:37 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes somewhere I have read she worked cleaning Keith's house. Though in his book Mick mentions "houses", but probably they were occasional jobs. He also mention in his 1992 book, what Stevie also remembered in a 1994 interview, that she worked as a waitress in Copper Penny, Clementine’s, and Bob’s Big Boy.

It would be funny to see picture from her waitress days, wearing the uniform. And what I wouldn't give to have seen her working at Monica Geller's 50s-themed restaurant.



There is a photo of her in the Big Boys or another restaurant T shirt on.
You find everything else on the net so this is your test.
Ready
Set
Go
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


JOHNNY BURNETTE TRIO Rock-A-Billy Tonight (1957) ORIGINAL 1st German PROMO 45rpm picture

JOHNNY BURNETTE TRIO Rock-A-Billy Tonight (1957) ORIGINAL 1st German PROMO 45rpm

$1490.00



Billy Burnette - Try Me OG Vinyl LP, MCA Records, 1985 picture

Billy Burnette - Try Me OG Vinyl LP, MCA Records, 1985

$6.99



Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue picture

Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue

$15.38



BILLY BURNETTE – BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 7

BILLY BURNETTE – BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY 7" VINYL 45 RPM PROMO POLYDOR PD 14549 VG+

$7.99



Billy Burnette - Try Me 1985 USA Orig. Vinyl LP E/E picture

Billy Burnette - Try Me 1985 USA Orig. Vinyl LP E/E

$3.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved