The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 05-25-2023, 04:10 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Honestly, I don't think she'd post about him or if asked for comment, she'd decline. I really think she can't stand him.
Surely you just. You think if he DIED she would decline to comment!? Omg
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-25-2023, 04:56 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Surely you just. You think if he DIED she would decline to comment!? Omg
They'd never get her to shut up about it.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-25-2023, 05:36 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 12,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
How do you get yourself in the news? Attach yourself to the biggest tour of the summer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/24/enter...ong/index.html
some time this week the news broke about Taylor potentially becoming the first entertainer/musician to become a billionaire (or something like that?) with this tour. one of the thoughts that occurred to me - let's count the hours till Stevie Nicks finds somethin to attach herself to Taylor's fame and success (something like Taylor is following in her footsteps or such), and it took only a few days till this thread showed up.

like we discussed in one of the other threads, unlike the rest of the Mac singer/songwriters, the woman is amazing in jumping on the chances making sure to advertise herself in any way possible!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-25-2023, 05:52 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some time this week the news broke about Taylor potentially becoming the first entertainer/musician to become a billionaire (or something like that?) with this tour. one of the thoughts that occurred to me - let's count the hours till Stevie Nicks finds somethin to attach herself to Taylor's fame and success (something like Taylor is following in her footsteps or such), and it took only a few days till this thread showed up.

like we discussed in one of the other threads, unlike the rest of the Mac singer/songwriters, the woman is amazing in jumping on the chances making sure to advertise herself in any way possible!
Taylor totally owes her career to Stevie!

My god, ANYONE can see that!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-25-2023, 11:49 PM
anusha anusha is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 106
Default

I think itís actually a bit sad now that Stevie really is not capable of communicating about her friends who have passed on, people she admires like RBG, or a tragedy like Uvalde without centering herself in the story. Itís clear she doesnít even see how odd it truly is. I donít think she means any harm by it, but it just feels very sad to me to be that out of touch with life outside your own persona. The Uvalde statement was well meaning, but, hoo boy, it sure did take her a long time to mention the kids or anyone except herself.

Stevie remains very talented at attaching herself to current trends and boosting her celebrity that way. She probably didnít really need to do that kind of thing before Street Angel, but since then, sheís made a point to connect herself to the younger generations (Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Courtney Love, Vanessa Carlton, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Haim etc. etc.). The quality of Stevieís best songs and the persona she carved out for herself are timeless and she will always find younger artists who will include her.

I would be VERY surprised if Stevie is silent about Lindsey, if that comes to pass. I would expect an emotional statement centered on herself that somewhat ignores the sad and petty end to their musical partnership. I donít think either Stevie or Lindsey has conducted themselves all that well over the course of their 60+ year relationship so I expect she has a lot of negative feelings towards him. But losing him would be losing a big part of her own story, which she would mourn.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-26-2023, 03:55 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I think itís actually a bit sad now that Stevie really is not capable of communicating about her friends who have passed on, people she admires like RBG, or a tragedy like Uvalde without centering herself in the story. Itís clear she doesnít even see how odd it truly is. I donít think she means any harm by it, but it just feels very sad to me to be that out of touch with life outside your own persona. The Uvalde statement was well meaning, but, hoo boy, it sure did take her a long time to mention the kids or anyone except herself.

Stevie remains very talented at attaching herself to current trends and boosting her celebrity that way. She probably didnít really need to do that kind of thing before Street Angel, but since then, sheís made a point to connect herself to the younger generations (Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Courtney Love, Vanessa Carlton, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Haim etc. etc.). The quality of Stevieís best songs and the persona she carved out for herself are timeless and she will always find younger artists who will include her.

I would be VERY surprised if Stevie is silent about Lindsey, if that comes to pass. I would expect an emotional statement centered on herself that somewhat ignores the sad and petty end to their musical partnership. I donít think either Stevie or Lindsey has conducted themselves all that well over the course of their 60+ year relationship so I expect she has a lot of negative feelings towards him. But losing him would be losing a big part of her own story, which she would mourn.
Well said. I think this is what happens with someone whose world revolves completely around themself. She has nobody around her who would dare tell her that her statement(s) are coming off in more of a self-serving way. She has surrounded herself with yes-men whose livelihood depends on Stevie. I truly believe the major shift toward the extreme self-absorbed Stevie (letís face it most people of her ilk are pretty self centered and egotistical regardless) happened after her Mom died. I think her parents kept her grounded to some degree. I would agree that her Uvalde statement was likely well intended but itís ALL ABOUT HER.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-26-2023, 04:01 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh no!! Stevie's best friend.
Haha, like her "best friend in the whole world" Christine, who she hadn't spoken to in three years, since the last tour.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-26-2023, 08:00 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Haha, like her "best friend in the whole world" Christine, who she hadn't spoken to in three years, since the last tour.
She and Prince spoke all the time on the phone.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-26-2023, 08:28 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She and Prince spoke all the time on the phone.
They were besties
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-26-2023, 08:52 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,539
Default

Not to open this can of worms, but it comes to mind given the conversation. It just goes to show that she probably had/has no idea the implications of what she did to Lindsey in terms of the bigger picture (legacy of the band, ending on a good note etc) She's so self absorbed that it probably didn't even cross her mind that the tour could very well be their last, even if they hadn't planned on it. The difficult spot it put the rest of the band in wasn't even on her radar for a minute. It was a self absorbed tantrum absent of any consideration for the dust it kicked up or what it meant for anyone else in the band.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-26-2023 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-26-2023, 09:05 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,539
Default

And what a friend! one that sh*ts on the project that literally every other member of the band is working on together. I bet Christine thought, "Well that's the baby sister...being a baby sister"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-26-2023, 09:15 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
And what a friend! one that sh*ts on the project that literally every other member of the band is working on together. I bet Christine thought, "Well that's the baby sister...being a baby sister"
She was very vocal in supporting the BuckVie project!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-26-2023, 11:29 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Itís a 3 paragraph tribute to herself with a paragraph about Uvalde tacked onto the end. The big dramatic ďI got to grow up to be Stevie NicksĒ. Lindseyís assessment was spot on, sheís way preoccupied with being Stevie Nicks.

Itís true. The rate in which the cheese has slid off the ritz has really accelerated since the death of her mother. The only person that kept her in this stratosphere.
so true
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-26-2023, 12:02 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She was very vocal in supporting the BuckVie project!
If only she couldíve understood their premise
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-26-2023, 12:48 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only she couldíve understood their premise
She was too busy looking at herself in the mirror.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette by Billy Burnette (CD, 2023) picture

Billy Burnette by Billy Burnette (CD, 2023)

$10.98



Gimme You by Billy Burnette (CD, 2023) picture

Gimme You by Billy Burnette (CD, 2023)

$10.98



Billy Burnette - Gimme You [New CD] picture

Billy Burnette - Gimme You [New CD]

$15.38



BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12

BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12" Vinyl Record LP - EX

$15.18



Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue picture

Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette [New CD] Rmst, Reissue

$15.38




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved