Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Knoxville May 16 2023

https://youtu.be/1qhIpyVx9aY Our show in Knoxville, Tennessee. The crowd was full and enthusiastic. No real errors to remark on. I have posted a good dozen videos on YouTube and a few YouTube shorts. Not the best seats , I should have waited for the ticket prices to drop. Over all a good show. Stevie hit some high notes here and there. We will have to put up with Stevie for a while longer. She still can fill the arenas at the age of nearly 75 years old.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
https://youtu.be/1qhIpyVx9aY Our show in Knoxville, Tennessee. The crowd was full and enthusiastic. No real errors to remark on. I have posted a good dozen videos on YouTube and a few YouTube shorts. Not the best seats , I should have waited for the ticket prices to drop. Over all a good show. Stevie hit some high notes here and there. We will have to put up with Stevie for a while longer. She still can fill the arenas at the age of nearly 75 years old.
Did she mention Buckingham Nicks? She mostly has done that when playing Birmingham or TN.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One side: “No, no, I hate her, she broke up my favorite band, she’s old, she can’t hit high notes anymore, she should retire, she’s embarrassing herself.”

The other side: “Stevie is a goddess who can do no wrong. She sang Landslide last night as good as she did the first night she ever sang it. She still has the magic that made her the first female two time inductee in the RRHOF.”
Old 05-17-2023, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
One side: “No, no, I hate her, she broke up my favorite band, she’s old, she can’t hit high notes anymore, she should retire, she’s embarrassing herself.”

The other side: “Stevie is a goddess who can do no wrong. She sang Landslide last night as good as she did the first night she ever sang it. She still has the magic that made her the first female two time inductee in the RRHOF.”
You are a potstirrer Not a post about Knoxville.

Addition: She took her second induction away from women of color: Tina and Diana.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 05-17-2023 at 10:05 AM..
Old 05-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Addition: She took her second induction away from women of color: Tina and Diana.
He is. And he's always CLEARLY in the latter camp.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

There is a third option: She's a satanic witch possessed demon.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Next stop Nissan Stadium with Billy Joel not at the Bijou in Knoxville. Haters are going to hate. We know Stevie’s voice is shot and she lumpers around but she has good tone and is in great and loyal band. Stevie said herself that she is an entertainer and not making obscure artistic statements.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is a proud oldies act. Good for her!

And noted that if any artist plays the Bijou, they failed in their career!
Old 05-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There is a third option: She's a satanic witch possessed demon.
Fourth option: Stevie is always worth talking about, no matter what actually gets said. We sometimes forget to talk about the other gazillion members of Fleetwood Mac, so Stevie is our rock and prod.

Fifth option: When is that Dolly Parton album getting released? I’m tired of waiting around for music stars who sit on their stuff until Just. The. Right. Moment.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2023, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fifth option: When is that Dolly Parton album getting released? I’m tired of waiting around for music stars who sit on their stuff until Just. The. Right. Moment.
Last thing I heard, the date is November 17th. Probably by design for Black Friday sales. Sell it for $10, and move 5 million copies.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And Stevie and Dolly's friend Kid Rock is on the album. See the 2014 video of Kid Rock kissing Stevie's neck at a show in the old Palace at Auburn Hills!
Old 05-17-2023, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
Next stop Nissan Stadium with Billy Joel not at the Bijou in Knoxville. Haters are going to hate. We know Stevie’s voice is shot and she lumpers around but she has good tone and is in great and loyal band. Stevie said herself that she is an entertainer and not making obscure artistic statements.
good tone?? i'd say the data is mixed these days.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I cannot deny this

Do you really think her induction kept Tina or Diana out, though? They weren’t even nominated, were they? And they can still get in. From what I read recently in a book about Diana Ross and the Supremes, it sounds like Diana may have burnt some bridges and good will with regards to what she did to Florence Ballard, her Central Park concert, and the fiasco with the Supremes reunion tour. But she’ll still get in.

I’m more frustrated Cyndi Lauper didn’t get in this year. The Go-Go’s were kept out year after year until the recent documentary that showed how innovative they really were. I’m sure Tina and Diana will be allowed in, even though I fondly remember when someone here said Stevie shouldn’t have been inducted because she doesn’t play an instrument, yet they had no problem with the Supremes being in, even though they didn’t play instruments, either.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Before she sang Sara, she said now that Fleetwood Mac doesn't tour or is over. I couldn't make out what she said.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cannot deny this

Do you really think her induction kept Tina or Diana out, though? They weren’t even nominated, were they? And they can still get in. From what I read recently in a book about Diana Ross and the Supremes, it sounds like Diana may have burnt some bridges and good will with regards to what she did to Florence Ballard, her Central Park concert, and the fiasco with the Supremes reunion tour. But she’ll still get in.

I’m more frustrated Cyndi Lauper didn’t get in this year. The Go-Go’s were kept out year after year until the recent documentary that showed how innovative they really were. I’m sure Tina and Diana will be allowed in, even though I fondly remember when someone here said Stevie shouldn’t have been inducted because she doesn’t play an instrument, yet they had no problem with the Supremes being in, even though they didn’t play instruments, either.
I do. If you keep yourself in a silo of music (Stevie, Sheryl, Madonna) which is mostly consumed by white people, you'll believe Stevie is the Queen of Rock. Whereas, people who listen to Black Artists (i.e. Lizzo and Beyonce) will tell you Tina Turner is the Queen of Rock. She had more hits than Stevie, much bigger tours, and her influence is seen in Janet, Beyonce, Lizzo, Britney and so many others.

And don't get me started on how the Hall has cheated Cher. Sonny and Cher should have been in the Hall moons ago and Cher should have been inducted twice after Tina. Diana, Cher, and Carole King should have been inducted twice before Stevie. Again, Cher isn't even inducted.

Stevie has Irving, who got himself inducted, and with Irving's friendship she had Jon Landau to help who is the biggest player at the Rock Hall.