Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Raleigh May 12 2023

Good Morning. Did anyone go to Raleigh last night? Thank you.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No, but I saw some things posted on Twitter. She forgot when to come in on Sara, and they started it over. She also couldn't remember what album I sing for the things was on. And then didn't even seem to know the name of the song. I found it a little disturbing. But it was out of context. Most posts say it was a great show. Probably jitters after being off for a while. She's also not wearing heels. And I think the knee brace is still on, so I'm not sure what is wrong with her knee.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-13-2023, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much. There aren't many videos up yet, so I appreciate your input.
Old 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a review with the setlist which is the same as the Seattle show:

https://news.yahoo.com/rocker-stevie...013516259.html

Her twirls are slower than last year and it looks like she leans to both sides when she twirls now. Maybe her foot is still in pain. Here's video of Stand Back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hi_zMrFoo

Is that the same background graphic as the 24 Karat Gold Tour? Looks familiar.

Edit: She didn't do her walk across the stage during Edge. She did go high for the I know what it sounds like which it's been years since she's done that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnqstYJ8RaU

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 05-13-2023 at 11:48 AM..
Old 05-13-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read on a Facebook page I belong to that Stevie was the one who had Covid. She told the audience last night she was in bed for 4 weeks? So I'm thinking there is some lingering side effects. Hopefully she shakes it off.

I love her but I really wonder how much more touring she can do. I would love another studio album, the Rhiannon project or her autobiography. I think it's time to move on to other endeavors.

Old 05-13-2023, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I just read on a Facebook page I belong to that Stevie was the one who had Covid. She told the audience last night she was in bed for 4 weeks? So I'm thinking there is some lingering side effects. Hopefully she shakes it off.
Thank you for sharing this. It would have been right to the fans to say that she had COVID (if it was indeed Stevie) in the postponement announcements in March.

I wonder why she was in bed for four weeks. Maybe she doesn't have vaccine boosters.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
No, but I saw some things posted on Twitter. She forgot when to come in on Sara, and they started it over. She also couldn't remember what album I sing for the things was on. And then didn't even seem to know the name of the song. I found it a little disturbing. But it was out of context. Most posts say it was a great show. Probably jitters after being off for a while. She's also not wearing heels. And I think the knee brace is still on, so I'm not sure what is wrong with her knee.
She forgot Sara and her album Rock A Little.
On the bright side, she still knows what it sounds like.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reading comments about her mistakes in this show, it makes me worry a bit. Hope she is ok, at the pictures I have seen in Yahoo she looks fine in NC, haven't seen pictures of Raleigh yet.

Old 05-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Reading comments about her mistakes in this show, it makes me worry a bit. Hope she is ok, at the pictures I have seen in Yahoo she looks fine in NC, haven't seen pictures of Raleigh yet.

I think she is fine. Age tends to accelerate the small imperfections in all of us. She was always known to flub lyrics or replace verses. At least she is not lip syncing like many others much younger than her. When you attend a Stevie concert you know you are getting LIVE vocals. She needs applauded for that.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That video of Stand Back is so strange...barely a single person moving or even bobbing their head in the crowd. WTF?
Old 05-15-2023, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
That video of Stand Back is so strange...barely a single person moving or even bobbing their head in the crowd. WTF?
that was very strange! Some were recording on their phones, but even then not as many as I thought to account for why they weren't dancing.

The voice is definitely finally going.... the strain/volume she needs for arena shows is more than she could do..
Old 05-15-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

We are going to the Knoxville show tomorrow. It is her first show in Knoxville since 1983 according to the concert archives. I have seen a good number of videos from Raleigh and there were a few goofs but Stevie seemed as strong as anything in recent years. I plan on doing some recording (we are not all that close to the stage) and will post some videos here when I get a chance.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that was very strange! Some were recording on their phones, but even then not as many as I thought to account for why they weren't dancing.

The voice is definitely finally going.... the strain/volume she needs for arena shows is more than she could do..
She is in desperate need of retirement. it is more of an embarrasment each time .

Old 05-16-2023, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She added Pittsburgh to her show schedule. It's in September. I wondered about going also. We aren't going to see the Stevie we were used to seeing. I think her last good performances were in 2016. She will be 75 soon. I can't imagine going on stage much more. My husband says she will tour till she drops and I think he's right, but I don't think I want to see it. I'm going to this show and I really think it might be the last time I see her live.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Part of me thinks I should go one last time, but I just can't get past what a bummer so much of the show would be. The Tom and Christine tribute in combination with everything else...I think it would just bum me out too much.

I've said this a million times, but she *could* be doing interesting work outside of performing in arenas. It's a shame that she's not surrounded by or chooses not to be surrounded by people encouraging her to do things beyond a greatest hits arena show. She needs to retire from arena performances, but that doesn't mean there isn't other meaningful performances she could be doing instead.