User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well, no. I think it's too soon for so many people to be allowed back. With all of the dry mold and spores in the air, it's unsafe. Don't forget how the government said the air in New York was fine after 9/11 and all of the health problems that resulted from that rank BS.
That mols spore cr*p is just that - ca*p. People have been living with that in NOLA since it was founded. But, it makes good copy. I mean all that cr*p about "if you get in the bad water - you will get sick" was cr*p - I mean how many people actually got sick from exposure to that water? I can think of none reported and remember it was predicted that thousands would die from it? Henny Jenny anyone

Also and again, many areas were uneffected - so other than a threat from Rita, I say let the people there go back to their homes and begin the process of rebuilding.

On edit - the 9/11 air was contaminated by the dust clouds formed when the buildings fell. These dust clouds contained large quantities of asbestos, pulverized glass and concrete, radioactive material from smoke alarms, silicone from computers, etc., all of which is not in the NOLA scenario

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-19-2005 at 11:01 PM..
Old 09-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
That mols spore cr*p is just that - ca*p. People have been living with that in NOLA since it was founded. But, it makes good copy. I mean all that cr*p about "if you get in the bad water - you will get sick" was cr*p - I mean how many people actually got sick from exposure to that water? I can think of none reported and remember it was predicted that thousands would die from it? Henny Jenny anyone
Honey, all of that stewy water is being drained, drying out, and turning to dust that's well on it's way to being airborne. Why risk respiratory problems from breathing that **** in?

Quote:
Also and again, many areas were uneffected - so other than a threat from Rita, I say let the people there go back to their homes and begin the process of rebuilding.
Kinda funny how just last week they were forcibly removing people from their homes in areas that were unaffected. All of this has been handled so ridiculously that sometimes you can't help but laugh at their incompetence.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On edit - the 9/11 air was contaminated by the dust clouds formed when the buildings fell. These dust clouds contained large quantities of asbestos, pulverized glass and concrete, radioactive material from smoke alarms, silicone from computers, etc., all of which is not in the NOLA scenario
Yeah, stuff that infected the air that the EPA said was fine to breathe. .

Old 09-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, stuff that infected the air that the EPA said was fine to breathe. .
Well, they could not very well evacuate Manhattan, several cities in New Jersey, Brooklyn, and Staton Island could they

Seriously, I thought most of reports indicated only the responders were significantly effected once the dust settled - though the govt.'s actions were ridiculous in any event as seen here http://www.911truth.org/article.php?...50827003632243

Old 09-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . Kinda funny how just last week they were forcibly removing people from their homes in areas that were unaffected. All of this has been handled so ridiculously that sometimes you can't help but laugh at their incompetence.
Other than the threat of Rita, people have to return at some point to the uneffected areas and I say that now, as opposed to last week, only less than 20% of the city is under a foot of water and some of the public water is potable and some of the power is coming back on - it is as good a time as any.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, they could not very well evacuate Manhattan, several cities in New Jersey, Brooklyn, and Staton Island could they
Well, no, but don't tell people the air is perfectly fine, either. Christie "Frisky" Whitman was a babbling fool.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, no, but don't tell people the air is perfectly fine, either. Christie "Frisky" Whitman was a babbling fool.
But, how much of a threat was it to the citizens on the UWS and such? I do not remember reading anything that said the areas far from the actual ground zero were okay or at least as okay as any other day in a city with 2 millions cars

But, I agree, she was wrong for saying that around ground zero.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, how much of a threat was it to the citizens on the UWS and such? I do not remember reading anything that said the areas far from the actual ground zero were okay or at least as okay as any other day in a city with 2 millions cars
You're missing the point. That lying bitch publicly told New Yorkers that the air around Ground Zero posed no health risks. That was an outright lie, regardless of how many people were affected by it. The EPA's own studies even contradicted what she said, but her and Bush stifled the reports. Maybe her involvement with Citigroup was the reason she lied through her caps, who knows, but the fact is that she lied.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're missing the point. That lying bitch publicly told New Yorkers that the air around Ground Zero posed no health risks. That was an outright lie, regardless of how many people were affected by it. The EPA's own studies even contradicted what she said, but her and Bush stifled the reports. Maybe her involvement with Citigroup was the reason she lied through her caps, who knows, but the fact is that she lied.
I agree that she lied and the post I sited indicated that - so I am not arguing with you there

I was just asking another question of the air quality not around ground zero.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was just asking another question of the air quality not around ground zero.
I'm sure it didn't pose serious health risks to people, but they still should have been told the risks were present. There's no excuse for lying to them, but what can one expect from Frisky Christie?

Old 09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Other than the threat of Rita
That dude Rob that is in Florida covering Rita for CNN is hot. Please let it be a slow storm like Ophelia.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anderson is doing a story on how insurance companies and real estate plan on cashing in on Katrina tonight.
I'm sorry I missed it. The stupid gym didn't have CNN on. How was it? I love him.

Randy has links on her site to her favorite journalists. I read a recent piece by a woman on there, her name escapes me right now, but she pointed out that the residents of New Orleans now have lots of money due to all of the aid that has poured in, they are no longer poor. It is a matter of allocating the money appropriately. There are orgs that support workers and the poor in NOLA and if they could be instrumental in allocating the resources then all of the people could be taken care of. It really made sense and sounded like a dream, I don't know if it can happen in this time and place.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not to mention lead. Each cathode monitor has 4 lbs of lead in it!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I'm sorry I missed it. The stupid gym didn't have CNN on. How was it? I love him.
He followed a real estate agent around who was trying to get her hands on as much property as possible and he was ultra snarky with her. She was walking down streets filled with rubble and other assorted junk, and he made a crack about her high heel shoes.

They were live from Kenner where the police chief and city official got into an argument last week over shelter for those hundreds of people. Nothing has been done for them yet. He went into their damaged apartments to show how bad it is; mold is everywhere, everything was flooded, walls are falling down, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Randy has links on her site to her favorite journalists. I read a recent piece by a woman on there, her name escapes me right now, but she pointed out that the residents of New Orleans now have lots of money due to all of the aid that has poured in, they are no longer poor. It is a matter of allocating the money appropriately. There are orgs that support workers and the poor in NOLA and if they could be instrumental in allocating the resources then all of the people could be taken care of. It really made sense and sounded like a dream, I don't know if it can happen in this time and place.
I don't trust this government to allocate that money appropriately, unfortunately.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He followed a real estate agent around who was trying to get her hands on as much property as possible and he was ultra snarky with her. She was walking down streets filled with rubble and other assorted junk, and he made a crack about her high heel shoes.
Hmm, so she wants to buy up property? Who's selling? She should be ashamed of herself. The city isn't even pumped out yet.

Quote:
They were live from Kenner where the police chief and city official got into an argument last week over shelter for those hundreds of people. Nothing has been done for them yet. He went into their damaged apartments to show how bad it is; mold is everywhere, everything was flooded, walls are falling down, etc.

I don't trust this government to allocate that money appropriately, unfortunately.
Jesus, they still haven't done a thing for those people? I don't trust the gov with that money either. But if more people thought like Naomi Klein, I would worry less, and this country would be a much better place. http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists...566199,00.html