User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Me too and even more scary is Fox did a bang up job in the field with Smith of, though I despise him, Geraldo CNN did a great job as well with Cooper.
Geraldo was disgusting. His grandstanding made me physically ill. Loved Shep Smith, though, as much as it pains me to say. Here's a *great* article about Anderson Cooper and his coverage of Katrina that was in New York Magazine today:

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news...301/index.html

<3 him.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and that is why we love you darlin'

Imagine how boring this joint would be if Diss and I were the only bitchy ones
There's a little b*tch in all of us. Oh wait, that's w*tch. Yes, I re-watched Practical Magic over the weekend.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Geraldo was disgusting. His grandstanding made me physically ill. Loved Shep Smith, though, as much as it pains me to say. Here's a *great* article about Anderson Cooper and his coverage of Katrina that was in New York Magazine today:

<3 him.
I hope Anderson wins an award for his coverage. Also, I hope he writes a book. There was so much information and it was all so confusing. It would have to be a book to present it in a cohesive manner.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Oh, that is a delicious phrase.
Totally, I had to look up troglodyte, which of course is a much more intellectual way to call him and his friends monkeys.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

heres another from Newsweek:
How Bush Blew It.

Jason, that article of yours is thought provoking. Im not quite sure how I feel about it but it sure raises some interesting issues........
Old 09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Totally, I had to look up troglodyte, which of course is a much more intellectual way to call him and his friends monkeys.
a troglodyte is a cave dweller. neanderthal. cro magnon. etc. Ive been calling Bushwad the missing link for some time.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope Anderson wins an award for his coverage. Also, I hope he writes a book. There was so much information and it was all so confusing. It would have to be a book to present it in a cohesive manner.
He needs a Murrow award. Read the article, though, it's a great read. His philosophy towards journalism is what makes him stand out from all of the other talking heads. I particularly liked this:

“Loss is a theme that I think a lot about, and it’s something in my work that I dwell on. I think when you experience any kind of loss, especially the kind I did, you have questions about survival: Why do some people thrive in situations that others can’t tolerate? Would I be able to survive and get on in the world on my own?”

Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He needs a Murrow award. Read the article, though, it's a great read. His philosophy towards journalism is what makes him stand out from all of the other talking heads. I particularly liked this:

“Loss is a theme that I think a lot about, and it’s something in my work that I dwell on. I think when you experience any kind of loss, especially the kind I did, you have questions about survival: Why do some people thrive in situations that others can’t tolerate? Would I be able to survive and get on in the world on my own?”
He's a maverick. Imagine deciding to be a reporter and making yourself a fake press pass! That really was a great article.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

<3 him.

I thought Geraldo's was as well, but from a less personal aspect, he was very in your face about the administration's failures, which was the important part

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
heres another from Newsweek:
How Bush Blew It.

Jason, that article of yours is thought provoking. Im not quite sure how I feel about it but it sure raises some interesting issues........
I think you refer to the one about the rich people in NOLA? It was interesting. On the one hand, no one will argue that NOLA does not need to rethink itself in terms of where to put housing and it should go to the safest place it can. But, on the other, politicos whould not take advantage of that, but they will and that is sick.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-12-2005 at 06:46 PM..
Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's a maverick. Imagine deciding to be a reporter and making yourself a fake press pass! That really was a great article.
I know! And then selling the videos!

He just had a story on about the bridge to Gretna, LA being blocked by police, shooting their shotguns to prevent people from crossing it. There was a couple on that said they and about 80 others, mostly elderly, women, and children, stayed ont he bridge to camp out and once dusk fell, police officers barged in on them and stole water and food.

I'll post the transcript once it's up.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought Geraldo's was as well, but from a less personal aspect, he was very in your face about the administration's failures, which was the important part
Geraldo was too phoney for me, he was grandstanding and overacting to the point where he rivaled latter day Pacino. It was embarrassing. Not to mention the reports out there of him staging his pieces.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

"emo-anchor"

okay, must read the rest. That was funny, though.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation T-Boone is a cool ol' dude...

Quote:
Leave it to ole T Boone:

New Orleans dogs go west

First flight of rescued pets to California homes

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The first major airlift of dogs from the hurricane-battered Gulf Coast left Louisiana on Sunday, carrying about 80 pets to new temporary homes in California.

The Continental Airlines flight from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was chartered for about $50,000 by Texas oil tycoon Boone Pickens and his wife, Madeleine, in a movement dubbed "Operation Pet Lift."
I find it cool that he doesnt seem like most most oil tycoons...He gladly gives $$$ away to help folkz, So much so that when he gave $$$ to his alma-mater Oklahoma State to remodel their aging football facilities, OSU felt honored and named the stadium T.Boone Pickens Field.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! And then selling the videos!

He just had a story on about the bridge to Gretna, LA being blocked by police, shooting their shotguns to prevent people from crossing it. There was a couple on that said they and about 80 others, mostly elderly, women, and children, stayed ont he bridge to camp out and once dusk fell, police officers barged in on them and stole water and food.

I'll post the transcript once it's up.
Perhaps Murrow isn't turning over in his grave so much anymore. Ugh about the story above. That's atrocious.

My photography teacher often mentioned how your art can become squelched in "school" because you learn what everyone else thinks is "right" instead of being truly creative. Perhaps because Anderson did not go the traditional route to get where he is he has maintained his individuality. For Anderson to have lost his Dad at 10 must have been so hard. My dad also lost his father at a young age, 12. It effected him deeply.