Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
TWO albums to look forward too?
I wish it were only ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'm sure some people will want to kick me for saying this, but I'd rather have a new Fleetwood Mac album......... Still, if he is doing a solo album because Stevie won't agree to working on a Fleetwood Mac album, I have to say..........
Totally. I blame Stevie. Then again: he apparently claims not to care if this is radio-friendly. Soooooooooooo, maybe he's getting out his left-pallette on this one (and the last two lol).

ETA: Confirmed:
http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2010/1...-new-solo.html

Quote:
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM PREPARING NEW SOLO ALBUM
After seeing a recent tweet today regarding Lindsey Buckingham working on a new album, I decided to follow up and contact RACK ATTACK RENTALS to find out if there was any truth to what they said... Turns out... that information is FACT! How cool is that!

"LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM prepares new solo album for release utilizing Apogee Converters from Rack Attack"

No information on when the planned release will be... or what direction Lindsey is heading in with his music... But it looks like Lindsey hasn't just been taking it easy since Fleetwood Mac got off the road last year... Looking forward to it!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-26-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am not excited about acoustic, but the fact is I loved UTS when it came out and SYH remains one of my Top 5 LB songs. It's just that UTS paled in comparison to GOS for me.
Although I agree GOS is a better album as a whole, I do think Under The Skin has a few songs better than anything on GOS.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Although I agree GOS is a better album as a whole, I do think Under The Skin has a few songs better than anything on GOS.
I'd put Show You How in that category, but nothing else from UTS sticks out for me. Things that were exciting then, like CAD and It Was You just seem to evoke smiles from me now, as opposed to admiration and passion.

Michele
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Acoustic could mean like "Bel Air Rain" -- in which the guitar sounds clear and front and center and the vocals are not masked.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Acoustic could mean like "Bel Air Rain" -- in which the guitar sounds clear and front and center and the vocals are not masked.
I know some people can admire the guitar artistry for its own sake, but I need a contagious lyrical component and some form of rhythm. It doesn't have to come from bass and drums, but I need a persistent beat, a hook that leaves me eagerly anticipating the chorus.

So, yes I'd take more Bel Air Rain, but please, not another serving of Time Precious Time.Michele
Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd put Show You How in that category, but nothing else from UTS sticks out for me. Things that were exciting then, like CAD and It Was You just seem to evoke smiles from me now, as opposed to admiration and passion.

Michele
I agree. The only songs I play from UTS are Down on Rodeo and Try for the Sun. Shut us Down I really love live, but I rarely play it on my Ipod.

I have to jump on the GOS train. As much as I love Lindsey's solo work, 'The Right Place to Fade" (I prefer the Twist of Fate title and version) was the Fleetwood Mac-ish/pop/rock song I was waiting for from him. Its a song that I can relate to and have loved for so long. The Twist of Fate demo is my most played song on itunes.

Love Runs Deeper and Gift of Screws were awesome live. I hope he plays them again when he tours.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Shut us Down I really love live...
I think most if not all UTS songs are better live.
No whispering.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love Runs Deeper and Gift of Screws were awesome live. I hope he plays them again when he tours.

To me, Gift of Screws, was just on fire live. You know how Lindsey has those guitar faces that we're all so familiar with from ISA and Come?

To me, he changed into something new for GOS, a rock face and energy I had not experienced before. I guess because it all happened so quickly. No drawn out solo, just hard and fast playing. Attar from the rose.

Michele
Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. The only songs I play from UTS are Down on Rodeo and Try for the Sun. Shut us Down I really love live, but I rarely play it on my Ipod.

I have to jump on the GOS train. As much as I love Lindsey's solo work, 'The Right Place to Fade" (I prefer the Twist of Fate title and version) was the Fleetwood Mac-ish/pop/rock song I was waiting for from him. Its a song that I can relate to and have loved for so long. The Twist of Fate demo is my most played song on itunes.

I hope so too, but there are so many I want to hear live...all of Tusk, all of OOTC, all of GOS, most of GI, plus DOR and BTLH...I could never narrow it down!

And as long as we're discussing what he should play, I was bummed to see in the video from the 826LA benefit that he still is playing NGBA waaaayyyy to slow! My god, it was sublime during the SYW tour...perfect tempo...so sexy, but I really don't like it at this sappy pace ( I know this was discussed before, but I had to get it out ). Same with Trouble. Perfect in 2003/2004, but too slow now
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I don't think DOR could be bettered live. It's just so sublime in the studio version.
It's an extraordinary song in all its forms, in my opinion -- and sublime really is the word for it It has such real warmth and grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And as long as we're discussing what he should play, I was bummed to see in the video from the 826LA benefit that he still is playing NGBA waaaayyyy to slow! My god, it was sublime during the SYW tour...perfect tempo...so sexy, but I really don't like it at this sappy pace ( I know this was discussed before, but I had to get it out ).
One of the very strong memories I have of seeing Lindsey live on Unleashed last year was how he got to show off his voice with the slowed-down NGBA. Those long, drawn out notes really drew attention to the warmth and richness in his voice, they were strong but perfectly controlled and absolutely delicious to hear. That's one benefit of a slower NGBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
Coincidentaly he played/recorded/relesaed almost all of them live, which made for a great UTS live album when edited together.
I never realised that, do you have a playlist of your favourite live versions of the songs?

Quote:
Seconded. Love Runs Deeper is a tour de force, it always puts me in great form Here's hoping it'll stay in the setlist if I get to see him next year!