The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pleased to see he looks at least better here than in previous images.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He looks MUCH better here.

Note the black face mask in his hand. At 72 with health vulnerabilities I suspect he's continuing to be quite careful.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank heavens the real man looked nothing like that photo shop we were living with for the last week.

I wasn’t happy to have his signature song used as someone else’s back up music, But he was on American Idol and that is what you are there for. It just increased my desire to see him front and center again. He was certainly full of zest and vitality. I am thankful that all of the worst fears I had after his heart surgery have been put to rest.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought he sounded good and looked fine. Sure, he's probably had a bit of work done. So what...it's 2021 and the guy is in his 70's. His voice sounded solid and the solo was good.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm. I've got to say, I was hoping for something a bit better than that. Lindsey just stood there and looked straight ahead (was he sub-consciously ignoring Steve?). I thought he could have looked at the girl and given her a bit of a smile. Maybe even one of those 'points' he does now and then when he's singing. He started to open-up right at the end but overall it was a bit...boring.

I thought he sounded a bit breathy at the start. Maybe they'd done a number of rehearsal run-throughs. Good to see he looks okay though.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-24-2021, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmmm. I've got to say, I was hoping for something a bit better than that. Lindsey just stood there and looked straight ahead (was he sub-consciously ignoring Steve?). I thought he could have looked at the girl and given her a bit of a smile. Maybe even one of those 'points' he does now and then when he's singing. He started to open-up right at the end but overall it was a bit...boring.
While I do agree with you 100% that he could have at least looked at the woman he was singing with, I really don’t think Stevie was anywhere on Lindsey’s mind during that performance, Fuzzy Plum. He’s moving on with his life and his appearance on AI is proof of that. Maybe I have no objectivity when it comes to GYOW, but I’m going to love seeing it live or on tv anytime, and last night proved true to me again. It’s a great song and crowd pleaser and I’m glad he performed it.

I also laughed when he started to sing the second verse and he caught himself and backed away from the microphone. Then we could hear the contestant singing LOL.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he sounded a bit tremulous, a bit nervy at the beginning...but then warmed into it and was fine.
He looks okayish, as everyone says, it’s obvious he’s had something done...(no more please)...but what the hell.
He’s fit and well, and that’s the most.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Then for heck's sake I watched the Sheryl Crow performance and she looked really happy and into the farce that was American Idol but the guy singing with her was awful. His tone sounded the same on both the songs. He has no range nor stage presence. I never liked this show. Can you tell? Cheesy to the max.
I just read on Entertainment Weekly that the guy who sang with Sheryl Crow was literally a last minute replacement- the guy who was supposed to duet with her backed out at the last minute for some reason. Knowing he was a last minute addition may explain why he didn’t sound so great. He had a pleasant enough tone and a nice smile- I’m sure he was thrilled to get the chance to perform again, and with Sheryl Crow no less, who gave a fun performance.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I just read on Entertainment Weekly that the guy who sang with Sheryl Crow was literally a last minute replacement- the guy who was supposed to duet with her backed out at the last minute for some reason. Knowing he was a last minute addition may explain why he didn’t sound so great. He had a pleasant enough tone and a nice smile- I’m sure he was thrilled to get the chance to perform again, and with Sheryl Crow no less, who gave a fun performance.
Lindsey probably had the first guy poisoned hoping someone would ask him to fill in. Maybe we'll see pics of Sheryl & Lindsey backstage.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Lindsey just stood there and looked straight ahead (was he sub-consciously ignoring Steve?). I thought he could have looked at the girl and given her a bit of a smile.
Maybe he thinks if he looks directly at a woman holding a tambourine he’ll be hexed.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lindsey probably had the first guy poisoned hoping someone would ask him to fill in. Maybe we'll see pics of Sheryl & Lindsey backstage.
If he never poisoned $tevie, I doubt he'd do that to anyone else.

Would you kill a lamb if you chose not to kill the big bad wolf?
Old 05-25-2021, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If he never poisoned $tevie, I doubt he'd do that to anyone else.

Would you kill a lamb if you chose not to kill the big bad wolf?
Not to mention he would never want to perform with SC.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought he looked great (much better than the promo pic) and sounded fantastic. My first thought, when I saw Cassandra was channeling her ethereal, tambourine wielding Stevie that it was a bit over the top, but I didn't watch any of the season, so maybe that's her thing.

If SC shows up in any pics with LB, she runs the risk of getting tossed out of the coven--I don't think SC would risk that.

Hope this is the start of LB gearing up to get on the road this year!
Old 05-28-2021, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thank heavens the real man looked nothing like that photo shop we were living with for the last week.

I wasn’t happy to have his signature song used as someone else’s back up music, But he was on American Idol and that is what you are there for. It just increased my desire to see him front and center again. He was certainly full of zest and vitality. I am thankful that all of the worst fears I had after his heart surgery have been put to rest.
THAT is the moral of the story here. I enjoyed Lindsey's performance. Rock on Mr. Buckingham.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:00 PM
aleuzzi
This message has been deleted by aleuzzi.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I agree with all of this. Seeing his face in the candid Instagram pics was a relief. And he played/sang very well.