Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

His hair looks very natural.
But facially he looks like an old aunt of mine, just needs a touch more lipstick.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
His hair looks very natural.
But facially he looks like an old aunt of mine, just needs a touch more lipstick.

Ha ha! It's such a shame, isn't it? He was ageing really well around Gift of Screws time I thought, but then he had that first very odd hair transplant for the Seeds We Sow photos, with the false new hairline. He seemed to regret it and then shave it back again, leaving a bizarre five o'clock shadow on his head, and had some much more natural looking work done. I had hoped he would leave it there, but he seems to have moved to his face now...

He's obviously feeling the pressure to make himself relevant in time for a post-COVID, post-surgery re-emergence.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I attribute some of what I saw in the photo to photoshop touch ups but Lindsey is one of those people who would have aged naturally beautifully. He just needs a new hairstyle.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Let’s assume that it is Photoshop and that he will look like himself when we see him on American Idol.

This would be a great opportunity for him to perform a new song and get it some exposure. We know that won’t happen, but I’m just saying.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some digital enhancements, but based on his appearance with Nile Rodgers, I'd say there's been some needle work (botox/filler type stuff) or some scalpel work... his eyes in particular with Nile seemed to look very nipped and tucked. Eye jobs are often done at in-office surgical suites, and are *relatively* short procedures; facelifts on the other hand... I would wonder about the risks of a heart patient undergoing something like that, but I'm certainly not a doctor..

My guess is an eye lift and some botox. Maybe some fillers in the cheeks but he's always had good cheekbones...

elle is right...if you want surgery done well get Stevie's dr, not Sharon's. As lovely as she is in all respects, she wasn't well-served by whomever she used. I will say Stevie's appearance (with a sportscaster at some event???) where she was so obviously freshly pumped with fillers was one of her few shockingly bad appearances.

This whole Idol thing reminds me of an interview Stevie did about whatever show she was on (was it Idol or the other one?? I don't watch any) where she said that if such shows had existed back in her day she would for sure have tried to get on one (whether this is true or her being a good marketer for the show I'm not sure, but I do believe she probably would have) and she added that Lindsey would absolutely NOT have been willing to go on one (which I totally believe). Interesting he's doing it now. He seems in the last say 8-10 years far more willing than previously to play the show "biz" game. Maybe having kids to tell you what is the new way of doing things and no it won't make you "cheesy" or whatever has contributed (a la cranberry juice)...??
Old 05-15-2021, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep, and bad one in both cases.

obviously SN is still not talking to him, but he could have gotten her cosmetic surgeon's # from Christine. whoever the 2 of them are using is doing a great, subtle work. whoever LB used, is doing a horrible work.
Christine may be using her dr NOW, but boy she sure wasn't during her early return/BuckVie days. Maybe THAT'S the dr's number he got...
Old 05-15-2021, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Here you go. Egads!

Attachment 13219

There's a FB group called:

Lindsey Buckingham Fansite - News & Info / Photos / Videos

That's where I found it.
thanks for digging it out for me, Homer
Old 05-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think he looks terrible. I mean to me it's still Lindsey.

My gut is telling me it'll be Go Your Own Way with one of the AI finalists. Like he did with Carrie Underwood at Fashion Rocks years ago.

Other curveball I could see is him accompanying one of the finalists who would sing Landslide. I would not want this at all.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't think he looks terrible. I mean to me it's still Lindsey.

My gut is telling me it'll be Go Your Own Way with one of the AI finalists. Like he did with Carrie Underwood at Fashion Rocks years ago.

Other curveball I could see is him accompanying one of the finalists who would sing Landslide. I would not want this at all.
ahhhh.....that could be his olive branch to Stevie...

agreed GYOW is top contender.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ahhhh.....that could be his olive branch to Stevie...
And she would probably say to Karen "Call Lindsey and tell him stick an olive branch up his new-planted a**"

I'd love to hear him do Blue Letter with a finalist. Or Monday Morning but the chorus is kind of high for him.

Looking forward to the black hair
Old 05-15-2021, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
elle is right...if you want surgery done well get Stevie's dr, not Sharon's. As lovely as she is in all respects, she wasn't well-served by whomever she used. I will say Stevie's appearance (with a sportscaster at some event???) where she was so obviously freshly pumped with fillers was one of her few shockingly bad appearances.
I know nothing of plastic surgery, but my impression was when it comes to success, it’s a bit of luck of the draw more than the expense or experience of the doctor performing the surgery. Lots of celebrities have had plastic surgery, and some look good and others look horrible. But I don’t believe that some celebrities look bad because they didn’t spend the extra bucks to make sure they look good- a lot must depend on the facial nerves and muscles, for example, things that can’t be determined pre-surgery. So if Stevie looked good after surgery but Sharon didn’t, then I would imagine there were other things in play there besides the doctor or expense. This is all speculation on my part, of course, but if I were going to have plastic surgery, and I was presented with a price range of doctors, I would go with the most expensive one or none at all. Wouldn’t most people do that? So to say someone looks bad after plastic surgery because they didn’t go to a good doctor seems too simple an explanation.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m starting to think that Lindsey doing rounds and his “refreshed” look means the tour is in the work for this fall.

Maybe I get to spend my plane vouchers from his scrapped 2020 tour after all!
If he is really planning the tour hope we get dates fast while plane ticket prices are still low.

As for good and bad plastic surgeons I didnt see anyone saying that Stevie’s surgeon is more expensive than Sharon’s- just that Stevie’s does way better work. Price and quality don’t always align.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-15-2021, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Poor Sharon and poor choices. She also had a bad experience with electrolysis and filed a lawsuit because she ended up sustaining burns and was left with sensitive scar tissue in intimate areas.

GYOW. Please no. I am going to cancel that song. But I also do not want him to perform NGBA or Big Love or one of those tweedly ballads. He is welcome to perform Second Hand News, however, if he must do one that everyone has heard three million times.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-15-2021 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-15-2021, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'd love to hear him do Blue Letter with a finalist. Or Monday Morning but the chorus is kind of high for him.

Looking forward to the black hair
Let’s play detective here. There’s no way Lindsey will perform Blue Letter- he didn’t write it. Too bad, as I love BL and don’t care who wrote it, but I suspect Lindsey wants to sing a song he wrote. I’m So Afraid is intense- too intense, and with so many performances lined up, he won’t have the time required for this song. Monday Morning or Second Hand News would be strong contenders and would get the crowd on their feet as well, but I think we all know, deep down, that it’s going to be Go Your Own Way.

I guess it also depends on the purpose of having these guests- are the performances going to be duets with contestants? Because if I were on American Idol and singing a duet with someone famous, I would NOT think a duet with Lindsey Buckingham would be a good idea. His guitar playing alone would steal the spotlight from the contestant. It should be interesting to watch!
Old 05-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who is Sharon?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would it be anything other than GYOW, Go Insane, NGBA, or Big Love?