User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm told it's disrespectful to say that about Stevie.
Sorry I did not realize that we were still in the Emperor's new clothes mode around here

Old 05-16-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Sorry I did not realize that we were still in the Emperor's new clothes mode around here
But I see your point. I actually feel for her and am proud of her at the same time.

My mother is 73 and if she announced a world tour I'd be very afraid! Glad it's a small tour. She's gonna fall and hurt herself. No joke.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor old thing is unstable in several departments now. Karen probably charges her scooter for her each night at home.

god bless Karen.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Poor old thing is unstable in several departments now. Karen probably charges her scooter for her each night at home.

god bless Karen.
I bet the scooter has streaming ribbons on the handle bars
Old 05-17-2022, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These performances don't really make me want to travel to see her. They do make me wish she would record some interesting material with an interesting group of musicians and play smaller venues.

The shed she's playing in Indiana is nearly sold out. Most likely it's because everybody is itching to get out of the house after the past three years and everyone knows she's not getting any younger.

The whole "might be the last time" vibe with all of these tours (McCartney, The Who, Stevie) I find to be really depressing.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
These performances don't really make me want to travel to see her. They do make me wish she would record some interesting material with an interesting group of musicians and play smaller venues.

The shed she's playing in Indiana is nearly sold out. Most likely it's because everybody is itching to get out of the house after the past three years and everyone knows she's not getting any younger.

The whole "might be the last time" vibe with all of these tours (McCartney, The Who, Stevie) I find to be really depressing.
This set doesn't have any of her more recent releases like Blue Water, Lady, Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go, Show Them the Way, Stolen Car or Beautiful People Beautiful Problems.
Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are out there playing fresh material and the most recent song Stevie's playing was written in 2009.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
My honest thoughts: She looks like she is having fun and her vocals, outfit and appearance are really good! I am just jarred by how gingerly she is walking around the stage. Like the Standback twirls are almost embarrassing. I wish she would just wear ballerina flats or something if she is truly afraid of falling. It just honestly does make me sad. I feel like she should just take the twirling out of the set because it’s clunky and frankly “old lady like”. I love her though. I just feel like even Christine was more agil from the video clips from the last FM tour. Her voice though… no!
I don’t know why old people think doing what they did in the past makes them look youthful, when they do it only with great difficulty. It only makes them look much older than they actually are. I just saw Janet Jackson. I think she is only 55. She had on this eccentric outfit with heels that were a jigsaw puzzle unto themselves. She could only move with an assistant holding her on either side. What does that accomplish? It does not make me relive the peak of her career to see her immobilized like that. My name is Janet, or Great Granny if you’re nasty.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t know why old people think doing what they did in the past makes them look youthful, when they do it only with great difficulty. It only makes them look much older than they actually are. I just saw Janet Jackson. I think she is only 55. She had on this eccentric outfit with heels that were a jigsaw puzzle unto themselves. She could only move with an assistant holding her on either side. What does that accomplish? It does not make me relive the peak of her career to see her immobilized like that. My name is Janet, or Great Granny if you’re nasty.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

god bless Karen.
Honestly, even if she does use a scooter at home, so what? Are we just mocking seniors and disabled folks now as a way of mocking Stevie Nicks?
Old 05-19-2022, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are Enchanted and Outside the Rain Stevie's favorite songs?
Just interesting that she regularly plays those two over popular songs like I Can't Wait and Rooms On Fire
Old 05-19-2022, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Honestly, even if she does use a scooter at home, so what? Are we just mocking seniors and disabled folks now as a way of mocking Stevie Nicks?
Get OVER YOURSELF. I have a fantastic sense of humor. If you don't like it, I'll still sleep like a baby tonight.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Are Enchanted and Outside the Rain Stevie's favorite songs?
Just interesting that she regularly plays those two over popular songs like I Can't Wait and Rooms On Fire
Is she opening with Outside the Rain? I've never understood that.

The only rationale I can think of is that Dreams seems to have both in her sets and FM sets this standard slot of second song in the set. Given how she likes to roll Outside the Rain into Dreams, that puts OTR first.

I agree there are other songs that would be nice to hear. Angel continues to be one of them for me, but the caveat is that I don't like her solo versions; the FM live version is far, far better.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I could not bear to watch some of the new performances all the way through on youtube. What I did see reminded me of someone's grandma or great grandma dressing up as Stevie Nicks and trying to put on a show. FFS lady retire !
And yet, you somehow were able to make it through. In fact, you probably watched the entire concert that was posted. That’s fine that you want Stevie to retire. Or, and this is just a thought, maybe you could not put yourself through the torture of watching to begin with.

I just said the same thing to someone making fun of Pat Benatar. Why are folks going out of their way to watch performances and then talking ***** about them? Don’t watch them if you don't like them, and spare yourself the agony. I picture folks standing up and clutching their pearls while watching YouTube and exclaiming “I can’t bear to watch anymore” and yet still standing there watching LOL.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Is she opening with Outside the Rain? I've never understood that.

The only rationale I can think of is that Dreams seems to have both in her sets and FM sets this standard slot of second song in the set. Given how she likes to roll Outside the Rain into Dreams, that puts OTR first.

I agree there are other songs that would be nice to hear. Angel continues to be one of them for me, but the caveat is that I don't like her solo versions; the FM live version is far, far better.
Yes, Outside the Rain is the first song in her set. If she wants to open with something from Bella Donna era, The Dealer, Blue Lamp, Bella Donna (whole song), or Think About It would be as known as Outside The Rain, no?

As for Enchanted, so much more from The Wild Heart to choose from: Sable, Gate and Garden, Nothing Ever Changes, Nightbird. Maybe the crowd likes the whoa, whoa, whoas, and yeah, yeah, yeahs

It's really shocking she's not doing Crying In the Night or anything from her most recent studio album.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And yet, you somehow were able to make it through. In fact, you probably watched the entire concert that was posted. That’s fine that you want Stevie to retire. Or, and this is just a thought, maybe you could not put yourself through the torture of watching to begin with.

I just said the same thing to someone making fun of Pat Benatar. Why are folks going out of their way to watch performances and then talking ***** about them? Don’t watch them if you don't like them, and spare yourself the agony. I picture folks standing up and clutching their pearls while watching YouTube and exclaiming “I can’t bear to watch anymore” and yet still standing there watching LOL.
Nah I could not watch it all the way through .Her vocals have been pretty much the same for the last twenty years or so but she is moving like a very elderly person.The spins were brutal. Performing as a rock star on stage has a shelf life and hers seems to have expired. Since we are bringing up other female rockers or former rockers I have to agree with Grace Slick's remarks about old people on a rock and roll stage. Also this is a forum . Watching performances or part of performances and talking about them is what is done here.