Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTkQ5lG4Sv8
Old 03-31-2021, 08:10 PM

I really enjoyed this album when it came out. I was a bit heartbroken when LB left. But, I was elated that they were able to carry on without him.

This tour was one of the best I've ever seen. They played their asses off.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Great video. I could never understand MTV NEVER played Skies the Limit video. It was only aired on Vh1. MTV did play the hell out of Save Me and if my memory is correct it even landed in their top 10 video countdown. MTV also never played As Long As You Follow either. As a fan I could never understand this. I clearly see they saw the songs more adult contemporary and a better fit for Vh1. However, the Mac was a classic band and just years before had their Mac Attack Tango special. Clearly not getting played on MTV also hurt the popularity of these songs.

Back in the day, Vh1 played classic videos and more adult contemporary stuff. MTV played the current pop/rock stuff.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Great video. I could never understand MTV NEVER played Skies the Limit video. It was only aired on Vh1. MTV did play the hell out of Save Me and if my memory is correct it even landed in their top 10 video countdown. MTV also never played As Long As You Follow either. As a fan I could never understand this. I clearly see they saw the songs more adult contemporary and a better fit for Vh1. However, the Mac was a classic band and just years before had their Mac Attack Tango special. Clearly not getting played on MTV also hurt the popularity of these songs.

Back in the day, Vh1 played classic videos and more adult contemporary stuff. MTV played the current pop/rock stuff.
Christine really had her look going on. She's looks amazing in some of these videos.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
They did do Love is Dangerous at the show I saw in Toronto but none of the others made it to the set list.

I was at the Toronto show too.

I also saw the 3 back-to-back concerts they did at Great Woods, MA. No 'Love is Dangerous' there, but they did do 'In the Back of My Mind', which I don't remember hearing in Toronto.

At Great Woods, the instrumental and the voices of 'In the Back of My Mind' played as show started. There was like a big semi-transparent net-gauze concealing the stage, and when the band took their places and Billy B. started singing 'Well, I try and I try...', the net suddenly dropped and the lights went up as the crowd went wild. Very dramatic!
Old 04-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine really had her look going on. She's looks amazing in some of these videos.
They all looked great in As Long As You Follow, but especially Christine. The whole band just looked so classy.

I remember listening to the radio one night and dj said “coming up this hour, the new song by Fleetwood Mac,” so I recorded the next several songs hoping to get it. Then a song came on and I thought for sure it was FM- it was a man singing, who I figured was Billy, and the music sounded like it could have been FM, maybe trying something new; anyway, it turned out the song was The Promise by When in Rome lol. While I love ALAYF, I kind of wonder if maybe the band should have tried something radically different for a single, like a shortened version of In the Back of My Mind.

Also, when I saw FM in Cincinnati, they performed In the Back of My Mind, Love is Dangerous, and Stand on the Rock. No Save Me, though- I was really bummed!
Old 04-01-2021, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
They all looked great in As Long As You Follow, but especially Christine. The whole band just looked so classy.

I remember listening to the radio one night and dj said “coming up this hour, the new song by Fleetwood Mac,” so I recorded the next several songs hoping to get it. Then a song came on and I thought for sure it was FM- it was a man singing, who I figured was Billy, and the music sounded like it could have been FM, maybe trying something new; anyway, it turned out the song was The Promise by When in Rome lol. While I love ALAYF, I kind of wonder if maybe the band should have tried something radically different for a single, like a shortened version of In the Back of My Mind.

Also, when I saw FM in Cincinnati, they performed In the Back of My Mind, Love is Dangerous, and Stand on the Rock. No Save Me, though- I was really bummed!
You must have seen the end of the tour like me. They dropped Save Me for Say You Love Me. There is a killer version (good quality) of Save Me live when the Farewell tour started after the tour resumed in Gainsville, FL. I have posted it here before but its on youtube.

I agree everyone looks great except for Stevie in the Save Me video. She looks so drugged out and bloated and her eyes so glassy. Notice like the Heart videos of the late 80s they only showed Stevie's face with her giant crucifix necklace
Old 04-01-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You must have seen the end of the tour like me. They dropped Save Me for Say You Love Me.
I didn't attend a 1990 concert but I think from what I've seen, it was the most fan-catered setlist. If you were a fan of all of their work, they gave you a good serving of new songs. I'm not enthused by BTM album but I would've liked to have heard the songs live for sure.

I honestly don't know the song Tear It Up.

Did Stevie really do Sara once on this tour? It seems like Sara is a song that she doesn't do for a whole tour unless the tour's with Lindsey. Though the song touches on Mick, it's very much become about BN, especially since they started the Sara hug.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I didn't attend a 1990 concert but I think from what I've seen, it was the most fan-catered setlist. If you were a fan of all of their work, they gave you a good serving of new songs. I'm not enthused by BTM album but I would've liked to have heard the songs live for sure.

I honestly don't know the song Tear It Up.

Did Stevie really do Sara once on this tour? It seems like Sara is a song that she doesn't do for a whole tour unless the tour's with Lindsey. Though the song touches on Mick, it's very much become about BN, especially since they started the Sara hug.
That rumor about Sara has been on the net for 20+ years and nobody has ever substantiated it. The rumor was somewhere in NJ or NY they opened with the “last ever” performance of Sara (until 2004). There’s just no way at all. It’s out of character for this band to change the set like that. And opening a show with Sara? Come on now.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
You must have seen the end of the tour like me. They dropped Save Me for Say You Love Me. There is a killer version (good quality) of Save Me live when the Farewell tour started after the tour resumed in Gainsville, FL. I have posted it here before but its on youtube.

I agree everyone looks great except for Stevie in the Save Me video. She looks so drugged out and bloated and her eyes so glassy. Notice like the Heart videos of the late 80s they only showed Stevie's face with her giant crucifix necklace
Agreed. But Stevie looks amazing in ALAYF. Stunning.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That rumor about Sara has been on the net for 20+ years and nobody has ever substantiated it. The rumor was somewhere in NJ or NY they opened with the “last ever” performance of Sara (until 2004). There’s just no way at all. It’s out of character for this band to change the set like that. And opening a show with Sara? Come on now.
I think that was John Kinney who published the rumor on NicksFix?

They did do Blue Letter once in 2019!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never liked BTM. I like it less than TIME. But even the worst FM album (and in my mind it’s the worst) has potential.

“Save Me” is a really good tune. I’m not nuts about the arrangement, the synth flourishes, the slick yet dated production, but the bones of the song and the terrific vocal still hold up. The title track is genuinely interesting, and a couple of Stevie songs are okay. She sings far better here than on TANGO. So there’s that. The men try hard and deliver respectable music, but I just couldn’t (nor can’t) get interested. And the harmonies sound bloated.

By comparison, the songs on TIME are spare and effective. “Talking To My Heart” is better than any Burnette, Vito, or Nicks on BTM. Becka and Billy make a great duo.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-02-2021 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I never liked BTM. I like it less than TIME. But even the worst FM album (and in my mind it’s the worst) has potential.

“Save Me” is a really good tune. I’m not nuts about the arrangement, the synth flourishes, the slick yet dated production, but the bones of the song and the terrific vocal still hold up. The title track is genuinely interesting, and a couple of Stevie songs are okay. She sings far better here than on TANGO. So there’s that. The men try hard and deliver respectable music, but I just couldn’t (not can’t) get interested. And the harmonies sound bloated.

By comparison, the songs on TIME are spare and effective. “Talking To My Heart” is better than any Burnette, Vito, or Nicks on BTM. Becka and Billy make a great duo.
Thank you. Time is a better album than BTM. I too could never really get into BTM, other than Christine's two 'hits', Do You Know, and Love Is Dangerous. The rest is filler.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That was a rumor. The rumor was ruined when the setlist and bootlegs showed up from the NJ show. No, they did not open with Sara. Sara was not played on this tour. I was always peeved that they did Sara on the European leg of the Tango tour. No audio or bootlegs of it either
Old 04-02-2021, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you. Time is a better album than BTM. I too could never really get into BTM, other than Christine's two 'hits', Do You Know, and Love Is Dangerous. The rest is filler.
I can’t listen to “Skies the Limit.” I hate this song. It’s rare that any of Christine’s lesser songs fail to reach an acceptable standard, but this one truly stinks. An embarrassment. Once that decent opening verse runs its course, I start to cringe.