User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This is very interesting.
Which part (do you think) did Christine write?
The harmonies with Lindsey. If you listen to this demo, it's so boring to my ears. However, once the band took it, (and I give credit to all 5, mind you. SN included) it became a really lovely song. Even though, thunder sure does happen without rain.

Lindsey and the band did wonders for her songs. And in this case, like The Chain, the band really put together a wonderful song. (Including Stevie).

Which is why I don't get mad if there are many Stevie songs in the top. The brits are responsible for those high marks as much as she and Lindsey are.

And Christine takes the whiny parts out. (Joking from previous thread)
Old 05-03-2022, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We can always fight about song listings but something is missing from this list that is flashing with big red lights.

ZERO Christine McVie songs pre Buckingham/Nicks. Its almost like she joined with Stevie and Lindsey. A few Danny/Peter songs are dropped here and there but not having any Christine songs before 1975 shows what a crock this list is. No Station Man either?

Where is Why
Where is Come A Little Bit Closer
Where is Just Crazy Love
Where is Spare Me A Little
Old 05-03-2022, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We can always fight about song listings but something is missing from this list that is flashing with big red lights.

ZERO Christine McVie songs pre Buckingham/Nicks. Its almost like she joined with Stevie and Lindsey. A few Danny/Peter songs are dropped here and there but not having any Christine songs before 1975 shows what a crock this list is. No Station Man either?

Where is Why
Where is Just Crazy Love
Please, this is totally True!!! In fact, most of these sites -Rolling Stone, Billboard and stuff- consider that FM starts WITH Lindsey and Nicks...
I'm a huge fan of the Rumours era, but not only your commercial songs are the best ones! There's lot of 1968-1974 work which is simply wonderful. Like in the 1988-1995 era too!!
Don't make me start to name the songs from Time which are marvelous!!
Old 05-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any such list needs the following song in the top 20:

Future Games

Tusk

Why

Albatross

Station Man

I pick these five songs because each was a milestone in the band’s evolution, creating a path forward that allowed the famous lineup to reach new heights.

I might also add “Dust”—the finest harmonized folk song (along with Never Going Back Again) on any FM album.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-03-2022 at 03:32 PM..
Old 05-03-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Where is Why
Where is Just Crazy Love
THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as you follow should be included.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
THANK YOU!!!
No need to thank me, just pointing out the obvious.
Its also funny that of all Lindsey's Mirage songs.... Oh Diane made the list
Its insulting to Chris that none of her pre-Nicks songs made the list. Clearly this guy pretended to know Fleetwood Mac and felt the need to sprinkle a few Danny/Peter songs around the list to give him cover for not know the music pre-Nicks.
By this list, I am surprised Welcome To The Room Sara did not make the list somewhere
Old 05-03-2022, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its also funny that of all Lindsey's Mirage songs.... Oh Diane made the list
Its insulting to Chris that none of her pre-Nicks songs made the list. Clearly this guy pretended to know Fleetwood Mac and felt the need to sprinkle a few Danny/Peter songs around the list to give him cover for not know the music pre-Nicks.
Well, it is his personal list of his 50 favorite FM songs. Its entirely possible he’s familiar with Christine’s pre-Rumours songs but just didn’t care for them. I mean, it’s harder for me to believe that the only Lindsey song he picked from Mirage was Oh Diane, and not Book of Love or Eyes of the World. I mean, Oh Diane?!?

But this was his personal list of favorites. I think all things considered, it’s a pretty fair representation of their songs and history.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, it is his personal list of his 50 favorite FM songs. Its entirely possible he’s familiar with Christine’s pre-Rumours songs but just didn’t care for them. I mean, it’s harder for me to believe that the only Lindsey song he picked from Mirage was Oh Diane, and not Book of Love or Eyes of the World. I mean, Oh Diane?!?

But this was his personal list of favorites. I think all things considered, it’s a pretty fair representation of their songs and history.
Of course I am not attacking anyone's opinion on Fleetwood Mac songs (that would be so against my nature )
I just notice something very glaring which is odd. The list contains deep cuts from albums like What makes you think you're the one and Thats alright. It also has a few deep cuts from Danny or Peter. However no deep cuts from Chris? What gives. I dont consider any song from Rumours a deep cut because even causal listeners know every song. So in essence, all of his Christine songs are her singles (minus the Rumours songs). Her hit making process was really blossoming in the early years. I just dont see how someone can post deep cuts from all other singers except her. She would has the best deep cuts. Its just a glaring oversight that seems odd. Chris is the soul of Fleetwood Mac. I would have liked to have seen a few more Bob Welch songs too. If you are doing a list of their entire catalog (which is a very difficult thing to do), you must be fair to everyone. Throw in Hereoes are hard to find or Spare me a little otherwise spare me this crap.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course I am not attacking anyone's opinion on Fleetwood Mac songs (that would be so against my nature )
I know you weren’t attacking anyone, Macfan but I can see why you thought that comment was directed exclusively at you. It was geared toward people who were complaining a lot. Naturally we all have different lists of their 50 greatest songs, that’s what makes this fun. Your observation was astute and glaring, but I can also see why he left Christine’s pre-Rumours songs off the list. I’m more disappointed he didn’t include As Long As You Follow, a post-Rumours song, rather than the other way around. The problem is, her vocals were always so smooth and beautiful, which was magnified even more on that song, but since we’re all used to her melodic and beautiful voice, we don’t always notice when it’s even more melodic and beautiful, I think. LOL
Old 05-04-2022, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know you weren’t attacking anyone, Macfan but I can see why you thought that comment was directed exclusively at you. It was geared toward people who were complaining a lot. Naturally we all have different lists of their 50 greatest songs, that’s what makes this fun. Your observation was astute and glaring, but I can also see why he left Christine’s pre-Rumours songs off the list. I’m more disappointed he didn’t include As Long As You Follow, a post-Rumours song, rather than the other way around. The problem is, her vocals were always so smooth and beautiful, which was magnified even more on that song, but since we’re all used to her melodic and beautiful voice, we don’t always notice when it’s even more melodic and beautiful, I think. LOL
I knew what you meant. I was trying to be funny with the attack line but you took it too literal
Old 05-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Being a fan from way back in the 60’s, I think “Man of the World” should be higher…..and “Albatross” come to that.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I knew what you meant. I was trying to be funny with the attack line but you took it too literal
Oh DADDY!