Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cringe: Stevie & Prince Story

From Peggy McCreary who engineered several albums with Prince.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KG3e7GuC80
Old 07-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my "Peggy, dance with me".
Old 07-14-2021, 07:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

OMG, that interview is hilarious! The truth has a way of coming out.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so when Peggy starts describing Stevie dancing around, she mimics how Stevie flings her skirts around, and then she whispers that "she didn't have any..." and the guy interrupts her. I could have killed him. So then as she continues telling the story, and how Prince hid behind Peggy to move away from Stevie, she kinda jokes he was afraid of her (Stevie's) boots, and then again kind of mimics Stevie flicking and flapping her skirts and she whispers that "her butt was hanging out".......

Andy Summers mentions that she hung in the wings of the stage at one of the Police's LA gigs......and then he kinda lets it hang there, but you know exactly what she wanted, and probably got.....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-14-2021 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-14-2021, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Compare Peggy to Stevie and you see two women of roughly the same age who navigated their way through a male-dominated industry. One is the sober professional with no blinders on, the other a fantasist whose sense of herself is partially distorted.

Peggy’s cool and real—you can observe this in the way she talks and the things she says.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Funny story. She said this happened in 1999 but I think she meant the 1999 tour? Prince played Texas shows in December 1982 on that tour. This makes sense because this was just post Mirage tour and into the Wild Heart sessions right before she wrote Stand Back and got married to Kim. This means she would have heard Little Red Corvette at this concert. She forgets this part of her inspiration and is probably why she freaked when the song came on the radio when she got married in early 1983. She was definitely out of control 1982-1986.

Prince was talented but probably the worst person in the world. Peggy worked for him and the most she could say is that he was cordial with her but not really friendly. Prince was a horrible person. Definitely shy and insecure from all the bullying he experienced growing up and he turned that wrath against people. What a hypocrite he was for condemning people for drug abuse yet dies of a drug overdose. Having his body guards walk on stage with him during the American Music Awards, not say anything and then give the award to the body guard to carry in front of the world. He really thought he was royalty. Sending telegrams to Night Ranger and other performers sitting near him in the audience to not look him in the eye at the ceremony. Telling off Sheryl Crow for her charity concert in New York because American Express promoted it and pulling out of the show because of it. I could go on and on. Probably the most insecure and arrogant person that ever lived.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s been quite a few “Oh…I have a Stevie Nicks story” moments that have come out over the past few years and they’re consistently cringeworthy.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:58 AM

This is my perception of her. (I was on to her around the time of THE DANCE.) She's the best person in the business, just ask her. She reminds me of a politician where people just follow her blindly based on being popular rather than talented or truthful. She is an expert in bloviating and riding the legendary status of what she used to be, so she can keep telling herself that she is amazing.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Funny story. She said this happened in 1999 but I think she meant the 1999 tour? Prince played Texas shows in December 1982 on that tour. This makes sense because this was just post Mirage tour and into the Wild Heart sessions right before she wrote Stand Back and got married to Kim. This means she would have heard Little Red Corvette at this concert. She forgets this part of her inspiration and is probably why she freaked when the song came on the radio when she got married in early 1983. She was definitely out of control 1982-1986.

Prince was talented but probably the worst person in the world. Peggy worked for him and the most she could say is that he was cordial with her but not really friendly. Prince was a horrible person. Definitely shy and insecure from all the bullying he experienced growing up and he turned that wrath against people. What a hypocrite he was for condemning people for drug abuse yet dies of a drug overdose. Having his body guards walk on stage with him during the American Music Awards, not say anything and then give the award to the body guard to carry in front of the world. He really thought he was royalty. Sending telegrams to Night Ranger and other performers sitting near him in the audience to not look him in the eye at the ceremony. Telling off Sheryl Crow for her charity concert in New York because American Express promoted it and pulling out of the show because of it. I could go on and on. Probably the most insecure and arrogant person that ever lived.
Holy crap, I never knew any of this(I'm not the world's biggest Prince fan). He sounds like a horrible person!
Old 07-15-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Holy crap, I never knew any of this(I'm not the world's biggest Prince fan). He sounds like a horrible person!
Sounds like they would have made a good couple.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Sounds like they would have made a good couple.
I'm not certain that two complete narcissists could couple. Wouldn't they cancel each other out?

Although they are both snack sized people, so maybe they could have teamed up against the world.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the interview from Stern that talks about what Prince did to the performers who were seated near him at the American Music Awards. Really incredible. You can also find the Sheryl Crow interview on Stern when Prince freaked out on her for her 1999 charity concert in Central Park because of American Express sponsoring it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuVitlHRiG4

Here is the body guard that Weird Al speaks about coming on stage to carry the award. Like he said, who was going to mess with Prince at the awards show? The host Lionel Richie's expression after Prince leaves the stage is priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ZQTKlO3kY&t=129s

He was one of the most arrogant people in the music business. Lets not forget he changed his name to a symbol because Warner Brothers put out a greatest hits package.
The Wild Heart was partially recorded or engineered in Texas. So Stevie was already in the Lone Star State when Prince came to town in late 1982.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-15-2021 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-15-2021, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still love Prince and miss him a great deal.

Also, I am rather happy he was mean to Sheryl Crow.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I still love Prince and miss him a great deal.

Also, I am rather happy he was mean to Sheryl Crow.
Haha! I didn't lose tears over that either.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I once read that Stevie herself had a very odd request when doing radio promos or interviews. Her people insisted that no food be allowed in the studio. Some radio DJs have a breakfast sandwich next to them or maybe a bottle of OJ. One DJ said it was the strangest request in all his years interviewing rock stars.