User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder if Chris was getting ready to go into some type of palleative care and that was why Stevie was told to wait. But Chris must have passed before that. I was in Pennsylvania and my mom was in Virginia and I was told the same thing when she came to her final days. So it makes me wonder if she had cancer, but that is just a guess on my part.
I've wondered the same. Her inability to play keys, and wasn't she having back pain when they last toured? I wonder if she'd been sick for some time? Although I can't imagine wanting to tour if I was terminally ill. I wouldn't.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If we're all upset about Christine's passing, I can't imagine how Stevie feels. Her note came off as someone who's distraught, but trying to keep it together, TBH.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-30-2022, 10:47 PM
SaraRhiannon
This message has been deleted by SaraRhiannon.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Chris probably had an advanced health directive in place to stop Stevie visiting her bedside. The fear of all that endless prattle without being able to waltz out of the room.
OMG.
Thank you. Needed this tonight.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
https://www.stereogum.com/2207221/st...JoG78rd2AxM_pQ
I'm curious what everyone will think of Stevie's message. It's not totally self absorbed but sometimes her writing style is so odd (all the ellipses, dashes and commas used incorrectly.) Just my 2 cents!
Well, it’s not as Stevie-centric as I thought it would be, so I guess there’s that. Slightly confused about her posting the HAIM song instead of, say, one of her own songs or poems, but perhaps it really spoke to her. 🤷🏻*♀️ I always got the feeling that she genuinely loved Christine so I imagine she’s grieving pretty hard right now. For that I’ll cut her some slack.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If we're all upset about Christine's passing, I can't imagine how Stevie feels. Her note came off as someone who's distraught, but trying to keep it together, TBH.
She probably is feeling it hard. Christine said she hasn't been speaking to Stevie since the last tour ended.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris probably had an advanced health directive in place to stop Stevie visiting her bedside. The fear of all that endless prattle without being able to waltz out of the room.

Chris was so low-drama; I'm glad she went on her terms, without a circus.
wow, thank you for taking the sting out of today for the first time with that.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-01-2022, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Chris was so low-drama; I'm glad she went on her terms, without a circus.
OMG. I don’t want to criticize how a person mourns….but thank you for the LOL moment.

On a serious note…. I believe Christine’s passing is yet another reminder of Stevie’s own mortality.

I’m sure all the members of the Mac are thinking “who’s next?”

Linds left a very cryptic post in his instagram the day before Chris passed…which made people wonder if he was ok…. it makes more sense now….although I can’t figure out what the “September” part means

“And the days dwindle down
To a precious few . . .
September, November . . .
And these few precious days”

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
OMG. I don’t want to criticize how a person mourns….but thank you for the LOL moment.

Linds left a very cryptic post in his instagram the day before Chris passed…which made people wonder if he was ok…. it makes more sense now….although I can’t figure out what the “September” part means

“And the days dwindle down
To a precious few . . .
September, November . . .
And these few precious days”
The words are from The September song, looking back in a lyrical sense on the latter part of your life…..from September to December

Very apt at the moment..
Sue
Old 12-01-2022, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

OMG people. Stevie's response was very touching. I love how personal it is. Its not typed words on the twitter machine but her own written words. Its not fair to criticize her for grief because of her past actions. She wanted to say those words she would have told her. When my mother died the funeral home director had a great idea. He told us that if we wanted a private message write a letter and before the casket is closed, slip the letter under the mattress. I found it very therapeutic that my letter to my mom would be with her forever. Stevie also had blunt honesty in her response how she did not know anything was wrong before it was too late. Chris and Stevie had such a unique relationship. Yes it was strained and non existent in the mid 80s but their dynamic would not work in another band. Stevie has said this herself. Chris was playing hard with the boys for years. Bringing a very attractive, delicate female singer to the front of the stage who does not play an instrument would have caused friction with anyone else except Chris. Chris was too strong a person to feel insecure about that.. I think Chris said it best that they were polar opposites in every why which is why they clicked.

Stevie has been doing tributes to Prince and Tom for years in her solo acts and with the Mac. This upcoming stadium tour, will she do a tribute to Chris?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-01-2022 at 04:38 AM..
Old 12-01-2022, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The words are from The September song, looking back in a lyrical sense on the latter part of your life…..from September to December

Very apt at the moment..
Sue
Thank you, appreciate that detail. I did not know they were lyrics. Definitely makes sense.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is Stevie. Some of her quotes are questionable like my best friend when Chris said they hadn't talked since the tour. And at the end, "don't forget me". She can't help herself. But we know she is just gutted by this. I loved that she hand wrote her tribute and the Haim song reference didn't bother me. I just feel so sad for all of us that loved her and I'm so happy I got to see her live and sing with her beautiful voice and magical songs

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder if Chris was getting ready to go into some type of palleative care and that was why Stevie was told to wait. But Chris must have passed before that. I was in Pennsylvania and my mom was in Virginia and I was told the same thing when she came to her final days. So it makes me wonder if she had cancer, but that is just a guess on my part.
I looked up the definition of scoliosis and learned it mostly occurs in teenagers. Then it said this: While scoliosis can occur in people with conditions such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy, the cause of most childhood scoliosis is unknown.

So perhaps Christine had an underlying medical condition we don't know about.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie has been doing tributes to Prince and Tom for years in her solo acts and with the Mac. This upcoming stadium tour, will she do a tribute to Chris?
Wow, wouldn't this be a great idea. I hope she takes your advice and does this and that she uses multiple pics of the two of them we have never seen before.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Thank you, appreciate that detail. I did not know they were lyrics. Definitely makes sense.
Written in 1938. Frank Sinatra recorded it, and I think Porter Waggoner did, too. Lindsey did on Law and Order.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1279412 Stevie has been doing tributes to Prince and Tom for years in her solo acts and with the Mac. This upcoming stadium tour, will she do a tribute to Chris?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing that about your mother

I think a tribute to Christine would be wonderful, but I can’t imagine what it would be. Stevie got raked over the coals for singing Say You Love Me on tour. Maybe All Over Again, the song she sang with Christine on the last FM tour? Brown Eyes is a beautiful, haunting song, but I don’t know if Stevie could pull that one off.

I read that she wrote Think About It and Say You Will for Christine… maybe one of those songs? Say You Will sang as a ballad would be a fitting tribute, lyrically. Maybe the HAIM song she quoted? Or maybe she would just dedicate a song to her. But performing a song would be beautiful.