The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart A Plea To Fleetwood Mac: Please Re-Unite For At Least One More Show!

It is a, timely, reminder that life is a, precious, gift and everyday we have a chance to make, hopefully, a positive affect on people's lives before we, all, get shuffled off this mortal coil.

After all, that will be our legacy when we're gone.

RIP Christine 'Perfect' M(ac)vie

'Think About It' (Before You Go) Stevie Nicks
Old 11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I personally could not handle that. I know its something she would be happy about but I would be too bitter she was not there. Chris was the soul of the band
Old 11-30-2022, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a terrible idea. Their Songbird just died. For God's sake. Jesus Christ!
Old 11-30-2022, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No. They should never, ever perform again.
Sorry, but NO!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-30-2022, 05:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm sorry if I've spoken out of turn but I was thinking of this
being a healing of sorts, for Lindsey in particular.

We can't, necessarily, change the past but 'every day is a new day without any mistakes'. - Anne (Shirley) of Green Gables.

Sorry if that sounds trite.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s too late now. I don’t care if Stevie and Lindsey ever reconcile at this point. The chain is broken. There were so many chances to put aside their differences for the sake of the music, to give the Rumours lineup the proper farewell tour it deserved, but egotism and stubbornness ruined it.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
It is a, timely, reminder that life is a, precious, gift and everyday we have a chance to make, hopefully, a positive affect on people's lives before we, all, get shuffled off this mortal coil.

After all, that will be our legacy when we're gone.

RIP Christine 'Perfect' M(ac)vie

'Think About It' (Before You Go) Stevie Nicks
Right now it’s hard to really imagine, or discuss, even, because her passing is so recent and shocking. But somewhere down the line, a tribute to Christine would be beautiful. I would appreciate seeing people who have been influenced by her pay tribute to her music, as well as Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey.

I hope some sort of tribute happens, eventually.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
It’s too late now. I don’t care if Stevie and Lindsey ever reconcile at this point. The chain is broken. There were so many chances to put aside their differences for the sake of the music, to give the Rumours lineup the proper farewell tour it deserved, but egotism and stubbornness ruined it.
That was 1997, and 2014.

They had their farewells.

Really it ought to have stopped in 1998.

It’s done now anyway. The heart was gone a while ago but it’s definitely not coming back now.

RIP Christine, RIP Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are a lot of hurt feelings from fans over what happened a few years ago, and I am one who is sitting here thinking, dammit. Now a final reunion with all 5 is never going to happen again. I think it was wishful thinking at this point especially after Chris has said in recent interviews that she may not want to go out on the road again.

As much as I want to hurl my anger towards Stevie and Lindsey (but mostly Stevie) who prevented an inevitable one-more-time reunion from happening, I think it's better to just remember the past for what it was.

I do hope, for Stevie and Lindsey's sake, that the passing of Chris is a wake-up call to them to figure out how they are going to mend their relationship with each other. Whether that chooses to play out on stage or behind the scenes, I think all the bitterness that has broiled between the two of them, and for all the fans who got caught up in it, needs to come to an end.

I think Stevie knows deep down that her final minutes and final chapter with the rest of the band would rather be on a happy note than a sour one, and I hope that she comes around to making amends with Lindsey again. I hope that they at least all go to Chris' funeral if she is having one, and at least be on speaking terms.

As for Chris, I'm glad that she had the opportunity to come back into the fold in 2014 and reignite her flame, be on tour, make music with Lindsey, and the Songbird orchestra version that just came out, I think it's safe to say she really lived a full circle of life and I'm going to celebrate what she has given to us all these years, and I think that's the best thing we can all do right now. Cherish what we all have for the music and the fandom that Christine has given us. Life is short, and it can't be all sour grapes.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

I don’t think I could handle seeing Stevie again, tbh.

She used to be my favorite, but she tore this band apart and personally made it her mission to make sure we never got a new Rumours-lineup album or a proper farewell tour.

I’d rather they just never tour again. It’s over.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s over. Time to let go. 💔
Old 11-30-2022, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon View Post
It’s over. Time to let go. 💔
I totally agree. The only kind of reunion that I consider dignified and acceptable, would be a tribute concert, with guest performers, ala Freddie Mercury tribute concert. And I mention that example not only because of the format, but also because it would be welcome if and only if it were a benefit/charity concert.

It would be the only way to have an appropiate time free of selfishness and grudges.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this never happens. She just died so I’m not in a place to think about this with any sort of rational thought but the idea of Stevie “allowing” a reunion NOW would enrage me even more than her 2018 crap.

Maybe a tribute concert but I truly have thought for a while we’d seen the last of Fleetwood Mac and after today, I’m even more convinced.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The only kind of reunion that I consider dignified and acceptable, would be a tribute concert, with guest performers, ala Freddie Mercury tribute concert. And I mention that example not only because of the format, but also because it would be welcome if and only if it were a benefit/charity concert.
I can picture Mick and Irving are planning it as we speak.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't expect to see Fleetwood Mac tour again, but I think there's a non-zero chance of Buckingham Nicks with special guest Mick Fleetwood.