Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick

Let's just all be glad Mick is too old to have an OnlyFans account or he'd be selling everything if his reunion/farewell plan doesn't pan out.

Maybe we'll get a line of Mick Fleetwood cookware or something? Personally I'm holding out for more spoken word...
Old 03-03-2021, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Question: Were Billy, Bekka, and Dave treated with respect and dignity when FM decided to do a Classic reunion in 97? I don't know if anything's been public on that. Just curious if Mick regrets how he dumped those three after being creative with them.
It's something that's never been discussed but I doubt Mick has any regrets about reuniting the Rumours group over potentially doing another album with Billy, Bekka and Dave. I've never heard or read anything from Bekka or Billy about any bitterness at the time. I'm sure there was to some degree but I think they also understood and accepted their "place" in the band's history. Both have always spoke glowingly about their time in Fleetwood Mac and seem to be grateful that they have a role in the band's legacy. It's a shame that that period is looked on as being a "dark time" as opposed to a change that gave the band a different flavor. All three are great talents who deserve more respect.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see any kind of a reunion working out with ALL 5 because quite frankly, I think this PR mess is going to cause a giant riff between Mick and Stevie. Mick stood by her all throughout the 2018 drama and now he's putting her in the hot seat as the lone person holding up a reunion. Not going to sit well with her. Especially after she was just getting used to calling all the shots.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I don't see any kind of a reunion working out with ALL 5 because quite frankly, I think this PR mess is going to cause a giant riff between Mick and Stevie. Mick stood by her all throughout the 2018 drama and now he's putting her in the hot seat as the lone person holding up a reunion. Not going to sit well with her. Especially after she was just getting used to calling all the shots.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. That's why I said the Playboy Interview treatment... make it public that it's all in her court. He didn't say we don't want a reunion or we don't want to heal.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
It's something that's never been discussed but I doubt Mick has any regrets about reuniting the Rumours group over potentially doing another album with Billy, Bekka and Dave. I've never heard or read anything from Bekka or Billy about any bitterness at the time. I'm sure there was to some degree but I think they also understood and accepted their "place" in the band's history. Both have always spoke glowingly about their time in Fleetwood Mac and seem to be grateful that they have a role in the band's legacy. It's a shame that that period is looked on as being a "dark time" as opposed to a change that gave the band a different flavor. All three are great talents who deserve more respect.
Bekka & Billy were already planning their duo record when Mick disbanded Fleetwood Mac. Dave Mason was going to sue, although he said that the Rumours reunion was inevitable.

Remember, when that lineup was put together, Mo and Lenny were still at Warners and The Eagles hadn’t done Hell Freezes Over. There was no frame of reference for the Rumours lineup reuniting beyond a one-off for an incoming president. By the time of its release, Mo and Lenny were out, Christine retired, Bekka & Billy were heading to Nashville, and Mick was working with Lindsey. Time got buried because the new brass at Warner’s didn’t want to waste resources promoting a new Fleetwood Mac when they could do the big reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

her head is going to roll off her shoulders if Lindsey even hints he wants to release his solo album first before anything happens.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And the bullsh*t never stops from Mick. On and on we go!

Dear Mick, the only reason you and Lindsey were NOT talking is because you were ghosting him and not answering his calls. So you finally decided to answer his call when Peter died? How big of you! Must have been the same time Stevie started ghosting you.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
And the bullsh*t never stops from Mick. On and on we go!

Dear Mick, the only reason you and Lindsey were NOT talking is because you were ghosting him and not answering his calls. So you finally decided to answer his call when Peter died? How big of you! Must have been the same time Stevie started ghosting you.
Mick is a giant POS. I hope he goes bankrupt again in short order.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
..It would not surprise me if she recruited Neil and greedy old Mick for her solo band .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think they meant joint billing. “Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there” doesn’t imply that Neil would be in her band.

That's right Steve...but I was replying to BombaySapphire3's suggestion of Mick and Neil joining her touring band. That just wouldn't happen (Mick perhaps, but not Neil).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Question: Were Billy, Bekka, and Dave treated with respect and dignity when FM decided to do a Classic reunion in 97? I don't know if anything's been public on that. Just curious if Mick regrets how he dumped those three after being creative with them.
Billy:

'The last gig I did with Fleetwood Mac was a corporate gig on New Years eve 1995. I forget what company hired us but we played in the 20,000 theatre at MGM. That's the night we knew it was over, they were going to tour again with the original group back together. Fleetwood Mac was offered millions and millions to work The Dance album and that's when they put together The Dance tour. I knew it was coming, because I knew the managers well. I warned Bekka Bramlett and Dave Mason and I guess they didnt believe me. It was a big shock to them. To make matters worse, Bekka's manager knew that our stint in Fleetwood Mac was about to end and he did not tell her. At the time, she was buying a million dollar house. That was sad and not nice; they should have at least let her know when they knew she was purchasing a house. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but I was still a little hurt by it. I had given up my solo career to become a member of Fleetwood Mac and so had Bekka. I had given up a lot to be with them. I felt a little used. Thats when it ended for me.

Our attorneys said we had an incredible lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for the dates we had expected to play but Bekka, Dave and I decided not to sue. I was still the biggest Fleetwood Mac fan in the world.

Bekka and I had our own gig dates on the books already so we decided to do our own thing. In '97 we went to Nashville and made a record. We kept it quiet because we didn't know what our Fleetwood Mac contract read. I was still with Mark and Greg Oswald. Bekka came on board with me; she obviously didn't stay with her manager after feeling betrayed on that house purchase.'

Billy comes across as such a lovely person.
Re: Bekka- I'm not sure I'd be looking to buy million pound houses on the back of the Time album

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-03-2021, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Re: Bekka- I'm not sure I'd be looking to buy million pound houses on the back of the Time album
The problem with that is that they never toured in support of the album. I’m guessing she was under the assumption that the album would get more promotion once they hit the road. In any case, she only wrote half of one song and modified a lyric on another, which means very little royalty money, so I doubt potential album sales drove her decision. She was counting on the gig money.

The red flag should have been Hell Freezes Over, followed by the reconnection with Lindsey. That was the writing on the wall.

After what happened with Traffic, I’m blown away Dave Mason didn’t see the writing on the wall.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Billy comes across as such a lovely person.
He really does. I enjoyed his book a lot, it was a refreshing look at the band. Little drama, informative, great behind the scenes info about the recordings and tours. Definitely worth buying. I always liked Billy’s voice, it had a real pleasant quality to it. I also had such a crush on Rick- I think I transferred my crush on Lindsey to Rick.

Billy also wrote in his book that Stevie was the one who wanted Lindsey to perform at the Clinton inauguration; originally, it was going to be Billy, Christine, Mick, John, and Stevie, but once Stevie agreed, she asked Billy if he would be ok with Lindsey performing in his place for that one performance, and of course we know what happened after that *cough dance*
Old 03-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
All of this is Mick word spin to get one last giant bag of money.

He wants the Rumours 5 on stage for one farewell tour. This has nothing to do with respect for Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, Bob Welch, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn. None of whom nor their catalog of music make any tangible difference in the economic value of another tour. Just as making new music with Lindsey has zero positive impact on any potential payday.

The lure for the masses (not the small community that is The Ledge) is a return and final farewell of the Rumours 5 and those 5 getting on stage and playing their live staples for the last time ever. And those kinds of paying fans aren't going to sit through 1969 era Fleetwood Mac, some Crowded House song, or too many Tusk rarities.

To get that last payday done, Mick has made up with Lindsey. (after ignoring his entreaties for 2 years) Now he needs Stevie to feel the pressure to dull the sword and hear Lindsey's apology and then she says they both feel like they woke up from a bad dream, it's been their destiny to sing together since they were 16, and have a nice public cry, all the way to the bank. None of this gets done unless they get Stevie on board. She is the revenue driver and the hook to fill stadium seats, because for the last time ever, it's the Rumours 5.
Thank you John Run.

While all of these scenarios sound fun and interesting, they are not reality.

Fleetwood Mac is going to reunite again for a scaled down farewell tour with The Rumours 5 Lineup -- and everything else will fall by the wayside. There will be no Mike Campbell and Neil Finn involvement - period.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Thank you John Run.

While all of these scenarios sound fun and interesting, they are not reality.

Fleetwood Mac is going to reunite again for a scaled down farewell tour with The Rumours 5 Lineup -- and everything else will fall by the wayside. There will be no Mike Campbell and Neil Finn involvement - period.

Absolutely. And as with Bekka, Billy and Dave, Neil and Mike will look back and think 'we should have seen it coming' or 'we did see it coming'. The difference for Neil and Mike is they'd most likely not give two sh!ts. Indeed, they might appreciate the opportunity to take the 'out'.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The problem with that is that they never toured in support of the album. I’m guessing she was under the assumption that the album would get more promotion once they hit the road. In any case, she only wrote half of one song and modified a lyric on another, which means very little royalty money, so I doubt potential album sales drove her decision. She was counting on the gig money.

The red flag should have been Hell Freezes Over, followed by the reconnection with Lindsey. That was the writing on the wall.

After what happened with Traffic, I’m blown away Dave Mason didn’t see the writing on the wall.
First of all I am cracking up over the comment about buying a house based on the Time album. Agreed 100%

I think there were a few red flags. They didn't tour behind Time, and the tour they did do in 1994-95 wasn't exactly a big success. It's not like if they actually toured after Time was released (again without Chris, Lindsey, or Stevie) that suddenly a new wave of fans would have discovered this new version of Fleetwood Mac and they would have continued.

The Eagles comparison is obvious - while they were touring the World with HFO, Mick and John were playing on double/triple bills on the county fair circuit. The money sitting on the table for a Rumours reunion was way too much. It was going to happen and there was no way that Bekka, Billy, and Dave were going to be preferred over a Chris/Stevie/Lindsey lineup.

Mick and Lindsey working together. Stevie and Lindsey doing Twisted. If anyone in that mid-90's Fleetwood Mac didn't see what was obviously going to happen, they were being purposefully clueless.

We talk about how today, over 25 years later, the band is really defined in the public as the Rumours era. That's what is putting a$$es in seats. It was already the same thing then. Just taking a quick look at a 1995 setlist (as far as setlist.fm is correct anyway) and they were playing SEVEN songs off Rumours and two off the White album. More than half of their set was made up of Lindsey/Chris/Stevie songs, and none of them were even in the band. To me that was the biggest red flag, just like it is now, that the potential always exists that the Rumours era lineup is the one that always looms as a possibility.