Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Material That Needs To Be Re-released/Updated

The past several years we've had deluxe editions of previously released material, most recently the Live album. What's out there that needs to be "updated" or released in a modern format that you'd like to see?

- I'd love to see a deluxe edition for Behind The Mask but that's highly unlikely even though there is plenty of material to make it work. A Time deluxe edition is even more unlikely.

- The Mirage concert is long past due for an official DVD release.

- Same goes for the Tusk documentary.

- The documentary and concert for Christine's 1984 album would be awesome on DVD.

- Same goes for Mick's The Visitor documentary. Even though I have negative feelings for him, I love the album and the spirit of it.

- This isn't something that I want but it would be cool to see The Dance released on Blu-ray along with the full concert re-released on CD without songs being edited down for time.

- Rumours has been released on pretty much every format except Blu-ray. They might as well do it.

- I'm still waiting for all of Billy's albums pre Coming Home to be released on CD (in the case of Soldier Of Love and Brother To Brother re-released) but that will probably never happen.

Any other things you'd like to see or that I didn't mention?
Old 04-16-2021, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The past several years we've had deluxe editions of previously released material, most recently the Live album. What's out there that needs to be "updated" or released in a modern format that you'd like to see?

- I'd love to see a deluxe edition for Behind The Mask but that's highly unlikely even though there is plenty of material to make it work. A Time deluxe edition is even more unlikely.

- The Mirage concert is long past due for an official DVD release.

- Same goes for the Tusk documentary.

- The documentary and concert for Christine's 1984 album would be awesome on DVD.
Any other things you'd like to see or that I didn't mention?
I think a Deluxe Edition is more likely than other people seem to think. Besides the CD+G on the original CD, there’s also the unreleased songs like Game of Love (my favorite) and Victim of Love, the MTV special that featured the Shaking the Cage tour without those unnecessary Stevie reshoots, the Red Rocks concert where they performed Skies the Limit for the video, and songs from the Chain box set and Greatest Hits, such as As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Love Shines, and Heart of Stone.

Does anyone know if the entire Red Rocks concert was filmed for the Behind the Mask tour, or just the song Skies the Limit?

I absolutely agree with your desire to see Mirage rereleased on dvd, and with all the songs included, not just the ones on the original release. Same thing with the Tango in the Night dvd, again without the Stevie reshoots.

The other thing I would love to have would be the BTM lineup appearance for either Japanese or Chinese television, where they lip synced to many songs from BTM. It used to be on YouTube, and I’m certain I remember them ‘performing’ Freedom, Love is Dangerous, When It Comes to Love, and many other songs from that album. Does anyone know what I’m referring to here?
Old 04-16-2021, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
e The Dance released on Blu-ray along with the full concert re-released on CD without songs being edited down for time.
Yes and with a decent HD video. The DVD has a disappointing resolution,
Old 04-16-2021, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think a Deluxe Edition is more likely than other people seem to think. Besides the CD+G on the original CD, there’s also the unreleased songs like Game of Love (my favorite) and Victim of Love, the MTV special that featured the Shaking the Cage tour without those unnecessary Stevie reshoots, the Red Rocks concert where they performed Skies the Limit for the video, and songs from the Chain box set and Greatest Hits, such as As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Love Shines, and Heart of Stone.

Does anyone know if the entire Red Rocks concert was filmed for the Behind the Mask tour, or just the song Skies the Limit?

I absolutely agree with your desire to see Mirage rereleased on dvd, and with all the songs included, not just the ones on the original release. Same thing with the Tango in the Night dvd, again without the Stevie reshoots.

The other thing I would love to have would be the BTM lineup appearance for either Japanese or Chinese television, where they lip synced to many songs from BTM. It used to be on YouTube, and I’m certain I remember them ‘performing’ Freedom, Love is Dangerous, When It Comes to Love, and many other songs from that album. Does anyone know what I’m referring to here?
I think BTM deserves to get a Deluxe Release like the 75-87 albums got.
I just don't believe it will happen.
I think Billy and Rick are tremendous musicians and fine singers (even though Rick's a rightwinger... bless him) but I don't think Warner or the band want to put that era back out there; 75-87 is where the mainstream's at.
2018-2019 Tour was considered a 50th Anniversary Tour and BTM got no love. If Billy and Rick were hired over Neil and Mike, they probably wouldn't have done any BTM songs in the setlist either... which is sad.
Saddest is that Time got one song because Stevie heard it on the the Sirius FM channel and it fit in with moving on from Lindsey. I wish they did stuff from BTM and Time live on 2018-19.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:18 PM
WatchChain
This message has been deleted by WatchChain.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
(even though Rick's a rightwinger... bless him)
WHAT does that have to do with his musical ability, and his place in the FM timeline? Rick it's a really good guy.

John is a right wing guy. You know that, right?

What if $tevie was? $he sure sold her catalog before capital gains taxes went up before the administration change. Don't you find that to be hypocritical? I do.

No offense, but I find it incredibly childish to bring FM member's politics into discussions of whether or not they're not worthy. That sh*t doesn't belong here.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
- Rumours has been released on pretty much every format except Blu-ray. They might as well do it.
What would the point of that? Sound on a Blu-ray is just as good as on DVD; Blu-ray just has (much) better picture quality.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:57 AM
bwboy
This message has been deleted by bwboy.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
WHAT does that have to do with his musical ability, and his place in the FM timeline? Rick it's a really good guy.

John is a right wing guy. You know that, right?

What if $tevie was? $he sure sold her catalog before capital gains taxes went up before the administration change. Don't you find that to be hypocritical? I do.

No offense, but I find it incredibly childish to bring FM member's politics into discussions of whether or not they're not worthy. That sh*t doesn't belong here.
Sir, that's not all I wrote about Rick. I praised him and said BTM should get a rerelease. I think Rick deserves more appreciation; he should've been hired for 2018.

Nothing can happen to John because he's the namesake of the band so not even worth bringing him up. Christine too...the 70s Halloween picture of her

I don't think there's hypocrisy in what Stevie did. I think it had to do with the pandemic, realizing she hasn't much time left to do albums so why not make bank. Also, I think she wanted seed money for her Rhiannon project.

I'm not offended, it's not all I wrote about Rick. Also, Mick didn't work with him from 2016 until 2020 because of his politics, Rick said that in his Peter Green death reaction interview.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sir, that's not all I wrote about Rick. I praised him and said BTM should get a rerelease. I think Rick deserves more appreciation; he should've been hired for 2018.

Nothing can happen to John because he's the namesake of the band so not even worth bringing him up. Christine too...the 70s Halloween picture of her

I don't think there's hypocrisy in what Stevie did. I think it had to do with the pandemic, realizing she hasn't much time left to do albums so why not make bank. Also, I think she wanted seed money for her Rhiannon project.

I'm not offended, it's not all I wrote about Rick. Also, Mick didn't work with him from 2016 until 2020 because of his politics, Rick said that in his Peter Green death reaction interview.
Then WHY bring politics into it at all??? I find it to be an attempt to be divisive, and color people's opinions of members with whom you don't agree.

POLITICS DON'T BELONG HERE.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Interesting. I had not read or heard that coming from Rick. Some speculated that Billy rehearsed with the band and was rejected thus Billy was spiteful with breaking the news Lindsey was fired (first) and not coming from the band.
If that is true, it would be odd to try out Billy and not bring Rick along.
But thats all speculation but circumstantial evidence. Also there could have been a dispute between Mick and Rick (like who does not have a dispute with Mick) and people always want to blame their politics as their reason. But who knows but that's interesting nonetheless.
Discussing politics is ok in this forum if its in the realm of discussing everything else with the band. For example, Stevie has done environmental concerts and preached Greenpeace at one time. Its political but its ok to discuss because its band related. Fleetwood Mac is like any other band or any other family for that matter. You have people on opposing sides of the political spectrum and those also in the middle. One of the funniest political moments in the band was during the Dance rehearsals the interviewer was talking about the Clinton inaugural and asked John and Chris if they would do anything like that for Tony Blair (Prime Minister at the time). Their reaction was priceless. You would have thought the interviewer stabbed them with a knife. Instead of just a brush off response.....they were very firm and with shocked faces stated they would never do anything for the labor party.
I admire Chris. She went on the record in 1995 stating she would have never voted for Bill Clinton yet honored he used their song. She also declined a White House invite in 2000. But she had a fear of flying so I doubt that was a political statement.
IMHO we are free to discuss the band's politics but we should NEVER attack each other for political beliefs. That's the difference. I have been threatened and told I was going to burn in hell by a member once.

IMHO what made the Eagles so great was their stark political divide yet they worked so well together until it blew up in the end. But the tension at that concert is what rock n roll is about.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-17-2021 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-17-2021, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Then WHY bring politics into it at all??? I find it to be an attempt to be divisive, and color people's opinions of members with whom you don't agree.
No way, I like him "even if" was my expression. I gave him a blessing too! I've seen Rick's social media... he puts it out there.

I didn't say anything bad about Rick. The Penguin is free to remove my post or admonish. Thank you.

And G-d bless you David!
Old 04-17-2021, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No way, I like him "even if" was my expression. I gave him a blessing too! I've seen Rick's social media... he puts it out there.

I didn't say anything bad about Rick. The Penguin is free to remove my post or admonish. Thank you.

And G-d bless you David!
"Bless you" in southern usually translates to "you're an idiot".

"Hey guys, I got my pe*is pierced"
"Well bless your heart". Bless your heart is the last thing it means.

I've been fb friends with Rick for YEARS, and I've never noticed any such posts.

Thank you for the blessing, but I'm an atheist, so you can keep the religion as well.

Have a good day.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^
Is "penis" a curse word? Wow I'm an old Prince Albert!
Old 04-17-2021, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^
Is "penis" a curse word? Wow I'm an old Prince Albert!
Idk. I'm currently driving 90 miles per hour from Tennessee to Indiana . I'd rather have it show as one asterisk than five.

Good luck with that Prince Albert! Enjoy peeing while sitting down!
Old 04-18-2021, 04:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

There was a special on Japanese TV show called Sound Gig.
I just tried to upload it on youtube, but all the songs are instantly blocked worldwide. They did Save Me, Freedom, In The Back Of My Mind.

Maybe there is a different special that you saw as well.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

^ok, it's barely worth it, but I could put up Freedom with the sound muted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABnTAnna1M