Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=madeline;1107409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Yes you can go wrong. They were running the excorsist movies on sattelite a month or two ago. I watched Excorsist 2 and it is just not good. I really wish it had been. The Exorsist 3 was awesome though. I read the book about a week before it hit the theatre, my husband and I went to see it. I was deffinately impressed. Alot of people weren't though. They went into it thinking it was going to be like the first Excorsist movie and it wasn't. But it was intense to say the least.
It is the most interesting bomb in the history of movies. They went for a bunch of avante grade, new concept and none of it worked.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. The shining.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

The shining I didn't like. How many of you saw the remake in 97 with Steven Weber?
That one I did like very much. Also I wanted to mention that I noticed several people put Salem's Lot on their list. Good choice, but how many of you saw the remake in 2004 with Rob Lowe? I liked it because alot of the characters from the book that didn't make it in the first movie were in the remake. I have read that book so many times. And please Hollywood do not cast Rutger Hauer as a vampire ever again. Rutger Hauer and Donald Sutherland did not do it for me at all. And to be honest you are not going to beat James Mason and Reggie Nalder. Your just not.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
Also I wanted to mention that I noticed several people put Salem's Lot on their list. Good choice, but how many of you saw the remake in 2004 with Rob Lowe? I liked it because alot of the characters from the book that didn't make it in the first movie were in the remake. I have read that book so many times. And please Hollywood do not cast Rutger Hauer as a vampire ever again. Rutger Hauer and Donald Sutherland did not do it for me at all. And to be honest you are not going to beat James Mason and Reggie Nalder. Your just not.
I couldn't stand the remake of Salem's Lot, even though I know it was more faithful to the book. I agree with you about Rutger Hauer and Donald Sutherland. I've always found James Mason kind of sinister, and the Nosferatu like version of Mr. Barlow portrayed by Reggie Nalder gives me nightmares to this day, not to mention the Glick boys scratching at the window!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

in no order:
Halloween, John Carpenter's is a masterpiece, but I actually enjoy the Rob Zombie remake as well.

The Shining. I wish Kubrick had made more horror films. Beautiful, intense, I was truly disturbed when I first watched it.

The Roost & House of the Devil. Both Ti West films, he's the young genre director to keep an eye on, in my opinion. Incredibly crafted horror.

Rosemary's Baby

Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton)

House of 1000 Corpses/ The Devil's Rejects

The Lords of Salem

The Texas Chainsaw Masacre

28 Days Later

Nosferatu (1979 Herzog adaptation)
Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm loving this thread. So many movies I'm reminded of.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

PUMKINHEAD! This was deffinately a great little horror movie. One of just a few horror movies even my husband likes. We are also big Lance Henriksen fans also. There were also 3 other movies. Blood Wings, Ashes to Ashes and Blood Feud. None of them really compared to the first one. They were okay though.
Hellraiser. Another great little flick. I think they made like 8 of them. Now I am hearing that Clive Barker is remaking the first one. But this time it will be his vision for the movie instead of someone else.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We are also big Lance Henriksen fans also.

LANCE HENRIKSEN appears in one of my favorite B-Grade horror films:

PIRANAH II: THE SPAWNING

You can't go wrong with flying piranha that sail through the sky snacking on their victims!! What cheesy fun !!!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
PUMKINHEAD! This was deffinately a great little horror movie. One of just a few horror movies even my husband likes. We are also big Lance Henriksen fans also. There were also 3 other movies. Blood Wings, Ashes to Ashes and Blood Feud. None of them really compared to the first one. They were okay though.
Hellraiser. Another great little flick. I think they made like 8 of them. Now I am hearing that Clive Barker is remaking the first one. But this time it will be his vision for the movie instead of someone else.
OMG, I LOVE PUMPKINHEAD!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone seen a great little horror called MAY. You gotta watch it.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

I forgot to mention that I have 2 18" tall Pumpkinhead in my house. And they are awesome. Plus I have a talking 12" Pinhead from Hellraiser and a full size Chucky doll. My son got it for me for Christmas some years back and spent 80.00 on it. I have more monsters in my house than you have in your movie collection. LOL

As for the movie May, yes I have seen it. It came on sattelite one night so I taped it to dvd. My son's girlfriend and I watched it. Pretty cool movie. Anna Faris and Jeremy Sisto. Gotta love it. Speaking of Jeremy Sisto, have any of you seen a little known movie called Population 436. Pretty cool movie. Angela Bettis starred in May, plus the remake of Carrie and Scar. Oh and the Toolbox murders.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

It wasn't a movie, but does anyone remember seeing a show on tv which had this voodoo doll which came to life and was chasing this woman around with a knife?
Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Girl View Post
It wasn't a movie, but does anyone remember seeing a show on tv which had this voodoo doll which came to life and was chasing this woman around with a knife?
That is famous TV film with Karen Black, it's called Trilogy with Terror.
(find the rest on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1pnFLT_k5A

Old 10-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, that's the one! Thanks!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 AM

1) Suspiria (Dario Argento, 1977)
2) Deep Red (Dario Argento, 1975)
3) Bram Stocker's Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola, 1992)
4) Salem's lot (Tobe Hooper, 1979)
5) The Haunting (Robert Wise, 1963)
6) Misery (Rob Reiner, 1990)
7) The Sixth Sense (Michael Night Shyamalan, 1999)
8) The Silence of the lambs (Jonathan Demme, 1991)
9) Kill, Baby...Kill! aka Operazione Paura (Mario Bava, 1966)
10) Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock, 1954)

Onorable mentions:

Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Tim Burton, 2007)
Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton, 1999)
Blue Velvet (David Lynch, 1986)
Videodrome (David Cronenberg, 1982)