User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I didn't call anyone a hog. That was a metaphor. You can Google it. Do you have any original thoughts? You know, ones that you express using your own words? No? Perhaps you're a parrot? And yes I'm suggesting that you may be a parrot. See the difference?
see, they sound lame even when repeated back to you.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

this is so very sad.
You know what's sad? Losing your sh×t because your song wasn't chosen for a 30 second intro at a charity event in which you are set to receive an award for Person of the Year. It's also egotistical, selfish, narcissistic, embarrassing to your fellow band members and highly ironic. The coup de grace of the whole thing is when you get your comeuppance for that stunt and many like it in the past you convince your sycophantic, terrorist group like and small in number legion of fans to attack the person who you feel is at fault. And this is the best part - you let your wife lead the mission. She then proceeds to try and spin the situation by calling you a pr×ck in a national media publication and call people names across several social media platforms. It's a three act Shakespearean tragi-comedy.
Your motive for posting that particular review is crystal clear. But do keep trying to convince us differently in another 15 paragraph post that damns the four remaining and two new members with faint praise. Maybe someone will buy it. You know, hearts and minds and all that.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
see, they sound lame even when repeated back to you.
At least they're mine.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
you're welcome. and that's right. if i stumble on something that i think is informative to the fandom, i try to post it even if it's in forums i have no interest in (like SN forum). i posted once the info about some Stevie event and many thanked me. then those same people turned around in another thread and started yelling at me to never dare show up in SN forum again. i was like - dude - decide: you want the info that i shared with you, or you want me to stay outta here?

exactly. it's a very neutral review. people going stir-crazy about it all over social media makes no sense. but then again when did this fandom make any sense?

guess people are too used to revitalized / reinvigorated / better without LB PR nonesense.

you know, coming into the fandom late i had no reason not to believe when people insisted SN is just as good now as she always was. then i watched and listened to some of her perforamnces from 70s. and man did that woman have a charisma! people are selling her short insisting that she's just as fantastic now as she was then.

this is so very sad.

so now i'm gonna be like all others complaining about the current state of these forums. in the old times calling fellow posters pigs, hogs, or whatever nasty names some who obviously are trying to bully people away can come up with while some others cheer them on would not be tolerated. and no this cannot be justified as a joke or j/k or so funny. the fact that i see these people still on here posting today and trying to somehow make themseles victims - because i dare to post reviews on The Ledge - and no, it is not the first time i posted a review in this forum - i posted at least 1 other that i can remember but i don't keep track of my posts as closely as some apparently! (and then Gldstwmn inexplicably posted exact same one 3 posts down i guess because she sees red when my posts appear in her view ) just signifies sad state of these boards.
I don't usually read your posts but you started this thread so... I didn't even read all of this one.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
At least they're mine.
sure they're not Karen's?
Old 11-25-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Agreed, it’s very common for her to mess up lyrics but I think this was a first. Her stopping the song in the middle basically and explaining why she’s lost. Not saying it’s a bad thing, it’s just a first, unless one of you can a pull a clip of it happening before out of your ass (and I’m not ruling that out)
Yes people mess up and forget all the time. I think she did not want to get caught standing there struggling to remember the lyrics so just cut the song. Its easy to do that during an acoustic song. A full band its much harder. Hardly anything significant IMHO. IMHO its a refreshing reminder that these classic bands are not lip syncers.
I once heard Ann Wilson of Heart say that during a 70's tour the band opened with Barracuda. Ann just froze and forgot the first verse. It must have been terrifying.

Here are some Oooops moments I have witnessed:
I saw Christine perform solo in Pittsburgh in 1984. She came out and said "Detroit, how are you doing?" After Say You Love Me she apologized and made fun of herself and said she knew she was going to get it mixed up somewhere.

In 2013 during the first leg of On With The Show, Mick was introducing the band before Don't Stop. Mick forgot to introduce John McVie and the band started playing Don't Stop. Mick realized what he did and suddenly stopped playing. He stood up and apologized profusely. He said in his entire life at every concert he has never forgotten his wing man John. Christine was making fun of him and said "Now can we start?

Same concert Stevie got the order of songs mixed up. Gypsy came after Over My Head. Well Stevie started telling the audience she wanted to talk about the next song and the inspiration for it. Christine was like...oh really? Then Stevie caught herself and said, oh no, I don't know the inspiration for the next song but it would be wonderful to know.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're welcome. and that's right. if i stumble on something that i think is informative to the fandom, i try to post it even if it's in forums i have no interest in (like SN forum). i posted once the info about some Stevie event and many thanked me. then those same people turned around in another thread and started yelling at me to never dare show up in SN forum again. i was like - dude - decide: you want the info that i shared with you, or you want me to stay outta here?

exactly. it's a very neutral review. people going stir-crazy about it all over social media makes no sense. but then again when did this fandom make any sense?

guess people are too used to revitalized / reinvigorated / better without LB PR nonesense.

you know, coming into the fandom late i had no reason not to believe when people insisted SN is just as good now as she always was. then i watched and listened to some of her perforamnces from 70s. and man did that woman have a charisma! people are selling her short insisting that she's just as fantastic now as she was then.

this is so very sad.

so now i'm gonna be like all others complaining about the current state of these forums. in the old times calling fellow posters pigs, hogs, or whatever nasty names some who obviously are trying to bully people away can come up with while some others cheer them on would not be tolerated. and no this cannot be justified as a joke or j/k or so funny. the fact that i see these people still on here posting today and trying to somehow make themseles victims - because i dare to post reviews on The Ledge - and no, it is not the first time i posted a review in this forum - i posted at least 1 other that i can remember but i don't keep track of my posts as closely as some apparently! (and then Gldstwmn inexplicably posted exact same one 3 posts down i guess because she sees red when my posts appear in her view ) just signifies sad state of these boards.
I wonder what all those words mean? It was obvious to me you grabbed a negative FM review and stuck it here in a weird act of loyalty to Lindsey. If your intentions are noble, please show me the threads where you post positive reviews of the new lineup.

We are far beyond any serious talk of stopping bullying on these boards, it has been the Black Hole of Calcutta since Lindsey Almighty got dumped from the band. So any such talk now, bemoaning "the sad state of these boards", coming from his fans, is sanctimonious self serving hypocritical horse manure.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
any such talk now, bemoaning "the sad state of these boards", coming from his fans, is sanctimonious self serving hypocritical horse manure.
calling fellow posters hogs and terrorists?

show me the posts where you were called similar names.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-25-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I seem to recall "The Children of Stevie" being used as a term around here. As if the folks who weren't completely hysterical at Lindsey's departure were some kind of weird cult.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I wonder what all those words mean? It was obvious to me you grabbed a negative FM review and stuck it here in a weird act of loyalty to Lindsey. If your intentions are noble, please show me the threads where you post positive reviews of the new lineup.

We are far beyond any serious talk of stopping bullying on these boards, it has been the Black Hole of Calcutta since Lindsey Almighty got dumped from the band. So any such talk now, bemoaning "the sad state of these boards", coming from his fans, is sanctimonious self serving hypocritical horse manure.
Agreed. Despite calling it a "completely neutral" review in the "who are you rooting for in the lawsuit" thread it was obvious from the person's past posts that this was just more cherry picking the rare negative review and putting it up. If it had been completely neutral it wouldn't have been bothered with. As someone else said, can you imagine the uproar if someone put that kind of work into looking for only negative reviews to post in the Lindsey forum.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I seem to recall "The Children of Stevie" being used as a term around here. As if the folks who weren't completely hysterical at Lindsey's departure were some kind of weird cult.
While not much shocks me around this place anymore, I was completely floored a couple months ago when one long-time Ledgie called another a twat. To my knowledge there were no repercussions either, as unbelievable as that seems.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I've been called a whole litany of things. No one called you a hog. I used a metaphor to illustrate your actions.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m sure Elle would have been as quick to post the review if the headline was “Fleetwood Mac Triumphs Without Buckingham”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m sure Elle would have been as quick to post the review if the headline was “Fleetwood Mac Triumphs Without Buckingham”
I whole heartedly agree with you Steve. I think what all "factions" of this fandom are missing is there will be both positive and negative reviews about this collective group. The FM supporters should be ready for it and Lindsey's supporters should be ready for it. And should expect it. The reviews for the present band have been largely positive. And that's great. The reviewer in San Jose disagreed--and that's okay too. It's FACT--Stevie flubbed a song. That's not negative against Stevie--her life's work hasn't been diminished. She flubbed the song. Hell--she owned it in fact.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
sure they're not Karen's?
Right????? I've been thinking this for a few months now.