Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m getting a sense of “I already hate Mick so now I can add this to the list of reasons why I hate him.”
Not hatred of the man... just eyerolling derision at the things he does and says.

Macfan4life said it best:
Quote:
How could anyone sell their RRHOF award for cash and not exclusively for charity? That's a first for rock. It's pathetic to sell it. I applaud Stevie and Lindsey for not taking part.
"By Grabthar's Hammond... Oh, what a savings!"

The good news is that you'll be able to sate your curiosity, bwboy--the auction will be livestreamed on the auction house website!
Old 10-07-2022, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some last minute additions to the auction:

- The cardboard cut out of John that was featured in the Tusk video, which John was unable to attend due to prior commitments.

- The actual microphone Dave Mason used to record Time, which he lovingly gifted to Christine.

- The RV which Lindsey bought so Mick’s drug dealer could live on his property during the recording of Tango in the Night.

- The necklace Christine wore during the recording of Rumours, which contained her daily ration of cocaine.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Up next: Biddy's Britches - only worn once

Credit: Homer - he predicted it.

Seriously if you are selling your RRHOF award for personal profit you have hit rock bottom and nothing is beneath you. How long before we see feces in a jar?
Old 10-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is ridiculous. I have never seen a band auction off their awards. Mick is selling his Rock N Roll Hall of Fame award? The Hall should strip it from him. He really needs the money? Many artists auction off clothes and mementos. That is not new. Elton John had a huge auction a few years ago. But these auctions are always 100% for charity. But they are actually profiting from this auction and will only say a part of the proceeds goes to charity but refuse to say the percentage. That tells you everything you need to know.
Stevie does not want the Video award for Gypsy? I would think of all that work she was forced to do she would want it. So they decided to keep the Grammys

This band keeps getting more ridiculous
Hey...times are tough. Christine just purchased a new house a few years ago.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just added: an antique vase said to contain the last granules of dignity from Mick, Christine, and John.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How long before we see feces in a jar?
It already exists. He has an exclusive "dark roast" as part of his new line of coffee.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Just added: an antique vase said to contain the last granules of dignity from Mick, Christine, and John.
that’s awesome! But just out of curiosity, what is John selling that you think lacks dignity? Nothing John gave to be auctioned seems worthy of the disdain they’re all getting. Just curious. And I hope people will contribute ideas for those last minute must-have auction items that any FM fan would love to have!
Old 10-07-2022, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another last minute addition: Harold.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Another last minute addition: Harold.
Now Harold would be a welcome addition to my collection.

Of FM memorabilia!
Old 10-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Up next: Biddy's Britches - only worn once

Credit: Homer - he predicted it.

Seriously if you are selling your RRHOF award for personal profit you have hit rock bottom and nothing is beneath you. How long before we see feces in a jar?
I told you! Mick is absolutely SHAMELESS.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would have to be an antique, because dignity walked out the door some time ago.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
that’s awesome! But just out of curiosity, what is John selling that you think lacks dignity? Nothing John gave to be auctioned seems worthy of the disdain they’re all getting. Just curious. And I hope people will contribute ideas for those last minute must-have auction items that any FM fan would love to have!
The whole thing lacks dignity. They're pocketing cash while only donating an undisclosed percentage.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The whole thing lacks dignity. They're pocketing cash while only donating an undisclosed percentage.
Got it. Perhaps the latest last-minute item up for bid might change your mind- Mick is donating his last remaining copy of his best selling album I’m Not Me, autographed by Mick and every member of the Zoo!

The next item up for bid is the unpublished version of his autobiography My Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. This one actually is the truth and not filled with lies.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:02 PM

Another added item, Christine's one stuffed animal she stole from Stevie during the Forum show 1982.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Items I would bid for:

Any wine glass Chris drank from

An empty baggie (no residue, I dont want to be arrested) from Lindsey's driveway from Mick's Tango days

Stevie's broken fingernail from the infamous fight in which Lindsey allegedly threw her against the car before quitting Fleetwood Mac

The monkey Mick had on his drums during the Mirage tour

Empty klonopin bottle from you know who

Elton John's auctions always raise lots of money for AIDS charities. In today's messed up world, we just had over 120 Americans die in Florida with hurricane Ian, Ukraine refugees, and other good causes that need money. To give broke Mick another $75,000 is just a waste. This auction could rake in over a million dollars too. Chris is worth tens of millions of dollars. I am sure she was hoodwinked into this to give Mick cover for his greed.
"Dear Chris.....I bloody need you. This Stevie Lindsey thing could leave me high and dry. I need money for my future. Why dont we sell a few things so I can make a few bucks at least as much I would have made for some meet and greets on tour we will never do again. Thanks mate. By the way, I have an extra pair of Biddy's britches. What size are you?"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-07-2022 at 12:32 PM..