The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sleeping Angel (Fleetwood Mac outtake)

Sleeping Angel is one of my favorite Stevie solo songs. I always wondered what it would have sounded like if she did it with Fleetwood Mac.

I can hear Lindsey singing on some of the song, is it just Lindsey and Stevie or is Christine singing on there too? Or am I just mishearing the whole thing and this was a Stevie solo outtake?

https://youtu.be/R2dHXzSmWy0
Old 01-19-2023, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Sleeping Angel is one of my favorite Stevie solo songs. I always wondered what it would have sounded like if she did it with Fleetwood Mac.

I can hear Lindsey singing on some of the song, is it just Lindsey and Stevie or is Christine singing on there too? Or am I just mishearing the whole thing and this was a Stevie solo outtake?

https://youtu.be/R2dHXzSmWy0
No this is Fleetwood Mac 1976. Can you imagine Rumours as a double album? Sleeping Angel, Silver Springs, etc
Stevie had so many great songs that Bella Donna was sort of needed to let some of these gems see the light of day. Fast Times is one of my favorite movies with an incredible soundtrack. However, I think she should have hoarded Sleeping Angel for Wild Heart.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-19-2023 at 09:12 AM..
Old 01-19-2023, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No this is Fleetwood Mac 1976. Can you imagine Rumours as a double album? Sleeping Angel, Silver Springs, etc
Stevie had so many great songs that Bella Donna was sort of needed to let some of these gems see the light of day. Fast Times is one of my favorite movies with an incredible soundtrack. However, I think she should have hoarded Sleeping Angel for Wild Heart.

Yeah I first heard Sleeping Angel in Fast Times, and I loved this song long before I got into Fleetwood Mac. It’s always interesting to think about Stevie’s, Christine’s and Lindsey’s solo work from the 80s and how some of it would have sounded if they did it with Fleetwood Mac.