Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2023, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would want someone that proofread their work.
If it had been a small mix-up of which track was on an early 70s album and which was on Chicken Shack or something, maybe I'd have let it slide (for an article, anyway... not for a biography). But... Rumours? I mean, come on.

Other than the personal anecdotes of interactions at parties etc. (the veracity of which we have to take on trust, especially regarding what people actually said), the filler about which songs were on which albums and all the other publicly available information could readily be assembled using AI. In fact, I had a go using ChatGPT 3.5. Please send a check to DownOnRodeo for a copy of the full book!

Quote:
"Songbird Chronicles: A Harmony of Life with Christine McVie"

As a female journalist fortunate enough to have shared both ink and laughter with the enchanting Christine McVie, delving into the tapestry of her life is a privilege. Christine's journey, much like the notes she composed, is a symphony of humor, passion, and resilience that left an indelible mark on the world of rock. My journey alongside her unveils anecdotes both whimsical and profound, reflecting the woman behind the melodies.

Picture this: the recording sessions for "Rumours" were awash with tension, a palpable energy that threatened to fracture Fleetwood Mac. One evening, as the studio walls seemed to close in, Christine, armed with a bottle of her favorite red, suggested an impromptu karaoke night. The laughter and camaraderie that followed not only defused the tension but also birthed an impromptu rendition of "You Make Loving Fun," with Christine belting out the chorus with infectious joy. Little did we know, that song would become a healing anthem for the band and resonate with fans for generations.

During the "Tusk" tour, Christine's penchant for mischief struck again. As we navigated the bustling streets of New York City, she insisted we take a detour to a quaint piano bar in the West Village. Amidst the flickering candlelight, Christine seized the opportunity to tickle the ivories and serenaded the unsuspecting patrons with a jazzy rendition of "Brown Eyes." The bar erupted in applause, and we slipped into the night, leaving behind a trail of applause and bemused smiles.

Away from the stage, Christine and I formed a friendship woven with laughter and a shared love for storytelling. One sunny afternoon, we found ourselves strolling through a London park, reminiscing about the past. As we settled on a bench, Christine shared the tale of how "Over My Head" came to be—a song inspired by a lighthearted argument with John McVie. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as she revealed the lyrics were her way of playfully asserting her independence within the band.

Our adventures weren't limited to the glamorous world of rock; they extended to the simpler joys of life. One lazy afternoon in the English countryside, Christine and I embarked on a whimsical adventure to find the "Songbird" tree—the inspiration behind one of her most tender compositions. Lost in laughter and surrounded by nature's beauty, we stumbled upon a secluded grove where Christine confessed that the Songbird wasn't just a metaphor; it was a feathered friend who serenaded her during moments of solitude.

Christine McVie's biography is not just a recollection of her chart-topping hits but a testament to the vivacity she brought to every note and every moment. Through laughter-filled nights and poignant tales, her songbird spirit soared, leaving behind a melody that continues to resonate with hearts around the world.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:56 AM

Homer will send you $$. He's rich.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would want someone that proofread their work. Especially, if they didn't know her or have access to her.
Exactly. It’s not an either or issue.

Bob Brunning’s book offered some “unofficial” info that was great, but the inaccuracies on simple, easily-verified info was unforgivable.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Songbird Chronicles: A Harmony of Life with Christine McVie"

After reading that quote, Lesley-Ann Jones contains episodes like does, it does make me look forward to reading that book. Those mentioned anecdotes sound funny, if not interesting too.

Slight mistakes or inaccuracies may be accepted, or perhaps we will never realize them. Like for example supposedly she played Sugar Daddy instead of Brown Eyes, that something we would even never know. But confusing albums, that would be serious.

And the pictures that book will contain .

However I doubt about how friends they were. If the book title says intimate, it hints they were close friends. However Mick's first book doesn't mention Lesley, as it does mention Robin Anderson for example.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Homer will send you $$. He's rich.
I will send them my most prized possession.

My $tevie Nicks dart board! (I'm keeping the $tevie voodoo dolls).

Old 12-18-2023, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Over My Head….no idea what to believe now. A few years ago, the story was it was about Lindsey. Never did believe that BS.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-18-2023, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Over My Head….no idea what to believe now. A few years ago, the story was it was about Lindsey. Never did believe that BS.
That BBC thing was the only time I ever heard her say that old song was about Lindsey. It seemed a little odd to suddenly reach that conclusion. seems more likely to be about the stress and circus wheel of living with an alcoholic... jmho.

--Lis
Old 12-18-2023, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
That BBC thing was the only time I ever heard her say that old song was about Lindsey. It seemed a little odd to suddenly reach that conclusion. seems more likely to be about the stress and circus wheel of living with an alcoholic... jmho.

--Lis
Yeah, I never bought that story. I mean it’s possible but I would believe it has more to do with John.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, I never bought that story. I mean it’s possible but I would believe it has more to do with John.
I agree. The "it's about Lindsey" would make more sense if Over My Head was written during Tusk or later album, cause he loose patience more often with the band during recording sessions, or so I read.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
She also said it in 2013 ish right before she came back. I sort of believe that she was afraid to say it during their "heyday" Especially, after World Turning.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She also said it in 2013 ish right before she came back. I sort of believe that she was afraid to say it during their "heyday" Especially, after World Turning.
Didn’t know she said it in 2013-ish, too. Interesting. I still don’t buy it. But interesting.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Didn’t know she said it in 2013-ish, too. Interesting. I still don’t buy it. But interesting.
Agree to disagree... The 2013 or 2014 interview where I'm claiming she said it was when they did the 5 of them on BBC. Separate interviews (obviously) and strung together. I think it's around the time Stevie was in Paris.
Old 12-19-2023, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I hadn't heard that she said it 2013ish either. But if she wrote the song in early 1975, how well could she have even *known* LB by that point? Was his icy/ moody brilliance that evident early on when he and stevie had first joined the band?

I guess it's possible. just seems a bit unlikely. To me, his moods and intensity seem more likely to have made an imprint on her as more time went by and she had more opportunities to see it/deal with it firsthand.

--Lis
Old 12-19-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I hadn't heard that she said it 2013ish either. But if she wrote the song in early 1975, how well could she have even *known* LB by that point? Was his icy/ moody brilliance that evident early on when he and stevie had first joined the band?

I guess it's possible. just seems a bit unlikely. To me, his moods and intensity seem more likely to have made an imprint on her as more time went by and she had more opportunities to see it/deal with it firsthand.

--Lis
I'm going to go find it. It was right before the 2014 tour.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If she wrote the song in early 1975, how well could she have even *known* LB by that point? Was his icy/ moody brilliance that evident early on when he and stevie had first joined the band?

My theory to reconcile the two narratives is that the negative parts ("wasting my time") were primarily about (alcoholic) John, while the positive parts ("sure feels nice") were about this handsome and creative new man who had just joined her band. But considering how many countless hours of studio time Chris must have shared with Lindsey the brooding perfectionist, I don't see it taking long for the song to start applying wholly to Lindsey in Chris' mind.