Affairs of the Heart 4 17.39%
Freedom 5 21.74%
The Second Time 2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2022, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Drugs had lots to do with it but even so she was a bigamist in the short time she was married. She was married in January 1983 and supposedly wrote one of her biggest hits on that day. She was finishing Wild Heart and it made the album. Jimmy Iovine told Hit Parade magazine that her marriage improved her already "exuberant" attitude in the studio (exact quote). A few months later she hits the road with her boyfriend who she calls the love of her life. Let alone her husband was her dead best friend's husband.
Even in the crazy rock and roll lifestyle, this takes the cake. No wonder Don Henley hung up on her when she called him to tell she was getting married. Prince's associate was told to keep Stevie away from him at a party just one year before this. Didn't she also supposedly bang Brad Jeffries who is supposedly gay? Now THATS getting around
She bangs she bangs.
So now you're slut shaming? Got it.

You know, back then, the whole world wanted her (thus the song, Sit On My Face, Stevie Nicks - how many people have a song like that written about them?). It would be hard(pun intended) to not sample the finer wares sitting on the shelf. Although after AIDS reared it's ugly head, it was pretty dumb to continue her conquests. But when you're high AF on blow, you don't care.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So now you're slut shaming? Got it.

You know, back then, the whole world wanted her (thus the song, Sit On My Face, Stevie Nicks - how many people have a song like that written about them?). It would be hard(pun intended) to not sample the finer wares sitting on the shelf. Although after AIDS reared it's ugly head, it was pretty dumb to continue her conquests. But when you're high AF on blow, you don't care.
She had the best and honest reason for seeing Mick. Those 2 were the hardest partiers and would outlast everyone. They were the last ones up who wanted to keep going. Soon after all that party and only 2 left awake, they started messing around which developed into something more regular. I've heard of beer goggles but she must have had coke goggles on
Old 01-14-2022, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She had the best and honest reason for seeing Mick. Those 2 were the hardest partiers and would outlast everyone. They were the last ones up who wanted to keep going. Soon after all that party and only 2 left awake, they started messing around which developed into something more regular. I've heard of beer goggles but she must have had coke goggles on
Mmmm, coke goggles.

But Mick is SO UGLY. Those were some THICK goggles!
Old 01-14-2022, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mmmm, coke goggles.

But Mick is SO UGLY. Those were some THICK goggles!
nah...just some really good blow
Old 01-14-2022, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nah...just some really good blow
The only thing I like more than booze...
Old 01-15-2022, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BTM was the first Fleetwood Mac album I owned and the one that turned me into a fan — specifically of Christine. In those first years of going back through their back catalogue, her songs were the ones I gravitated toward most, which makes sense because I think BTM is primarily a showcase for her and whet my appetite for more of her wonderful style of writing and singing. I don’t think there’s anything on this album that could make a new Stevie, Billy or Rick fan of anyone. Their material isn’t bad, but it’s all kind of boring.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
BTM was the first Fleetwood Mac album I owned and the one that turned me into a fan — specifically of Christine. In those first years of going back through their back catalogue, her songs were the ones I gravitated toward most, which makes sense because I think BTM is primarily a showcase for her and whet my appetite for more of her wonderful style of writing and singing. I don’t think there’s anything on this album that could make a new Stevie, Billy or Rick fan of anyone. Their material isn’t bad, but it’s all kind of boring.
Christine was carrying the band at that point. I mean, Rick and Billy did what they could, but they were newbies.

On the whole, BTM is a very boring album, save for a hand full of songs.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Christine was carrying the band at that point. I mean, Rick and Billy did what they could, but they were newbies.

On the whole, BTM is a very boring album, save for a hand full of songs.
I was listening to one of the Christine's local radio interviews when they were on the BTM tour. She stated Stevie was around on BTM about as much as she was for Tango.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her lack of presence probably largely explains her mediocre contributions with the exception of her stellar background vocals throughout and Love Is Dangerous. Now had she brought a Rooms On Fire to the album...a guy can dream.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Her lack of presence probably largely explains her mediocre contributions with the exception of her stellar background vocals throughout and Love Is Dangerous. Now had she brought a Rooms On Fire to the album...a guy can dream.
Love Rooms On Fire
Old 01-19-2022, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read somewhere that her people thought that staying in Fleetwood Mac at that point was hurting her career. Maybe she gave them the leftovers from her solo work. I know “Whole Lotta Trouble” was something she originally planned for Fleetwood Mac, but it sounded like they were taking a few liberties she objected to.

Overall, I think the production tanked “Freedom” and maybe “Affairs of the Heart.” Maybe they would have been fine with a different producer. I think Greg would have ruined “Rooms on Fire.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2022, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree Steve, Greg would have seriously butchered Rooms on Fire, but I was thinking more in the vein of better material. It wasn't Fleetwood Mac hurting her career at that point, it was she herself, diminished consistent writing and atrocious production choices, Rooms on Fire and 1/4 of OSOTM exception.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I read somewhere that her people thought that staying in Fleetwood Mac at that point was hurting her career. Maybe she gave them the leftovers from her solo work. I know “Whole Lotta Trouble” was something she originally planned for Fleetwood Mac, but it sounded like they were taking a few liberties she objected to.

Overall, I think the production tanked “Freedom” and maybe “Affairs of the Heart.” Maybe they would have been fine with a different producer. I think Greg would have ruined “Rooms on Fire.”
I agree, Rooms on Fire is a solo song and the BTM era of the Mac wouldn't have the same magic (pardon the pun).

I think you are half right. I dont think it was a conscious decision not to offer her better songs. She was offering her most recent writings which were poor in the klonopin era. Where I do think you are right is her hoarding her older songs for solo work which were better than her current writings at that time. Her contributions to Tango and BTM were all recent writings. I think she was trying to remain fresh.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I agree Steve, Greg would have seriously butchered Rooms on Fire, but I was thinking more in the vein of better material. It wasn't Fleetwood Mac hurting her career at that point, it was she herself, diminished consistent writing and atrocious production choices, Rooms on Fire and 1/4 of OSOTM exception.
Agreed. There are some really bad production choices on OSOTM
Old 01-20-2022, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought we should take a look at Stevie's contributions.
The mission was doomed to fail from the start.

Quote:
To me, her best is by far Love is Dangerous collaboration with Rick Vito.
I can’t stomach that one. When they played it on tour, my head started pounding and my stomach undulated.

Quote:
Freedom and Affairs of the Heart both have strong moments with weak moments and bad moments.
Both could have been very interesting, indeed, with 1979 vocals on them.

Quote:
The Second Time was not well executed but I feel she did put some effort into the song.
I voted for this one. Bad 1990 vocal, but the song is very moving and — surprise! — it extends beyond the three chords Stevie knows. Rick probably added the diminished chord and the 7 chord, and that really helps the melody make an imprint on me. It makes the song sad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com