Affairs of the Heart 4 17.39%
Freedom 5 21.74%
The Second Time 2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2022, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She had the best and honest reason for seeing Mick. Those 2 were the hardest partiers and would outlast everyone. They were the last ones up who wanted to keep going. Soon after all that party and only 2 left awake, they started messing around which developed into something more regular. I've heard of beer goggles but she must have had coke goggles on
i've always seriously doubted this version of events. seems like revisionist history to me. Wasn't it Mick himself who said that Lindsey was aware of their attraction and called him out at one point (I think even before Mick and Stevie hooked up) saying "It's you and Stevie, isn't it?"

So yeah, I think with the passage of time, Mick's oldest girls got older and wiser, and then he had his younger ones.... she wanted a story that wasn't all "I just wanted who I wanted and I didn't care who I hurt" (engineer dumping his fiance, anyone?)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The mission was doomed to fail from the start.

I cant stomach that one. When they played it on tour, my head started pounding and my stomach undulated.

Both could have been very interesting, indeed, with 1979 vocals on them.

I voted for this one. Bad 1990 vocal, but the song is very moving and surprise! it extends beyond the three chords Stevie knows. Rick probably added the diminished chord and the 7 chord, and that really helps the melody make an imprint on me. It makes the song sad.
But an undulating stomach is what you want when you're at a concert and you're ready to jump up and dance to the opening strains of Stand Back
Old 01-21-2022, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But an undulating stomach is what you want when you're at a concert and you're ready to jump up and dance to the opening strains of Stand Back
Not David. He's not that funny
Old 01-22-2022, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
i've always seriously doubted this version of events. seems like revisionist history to me. Wasn't it Mick himself who said that Lindsey was aware of their attraction and called him out at one point (I think even before Mick and Stevie hooked up) saying "It's you and Stevie, isn't it?"

So yeah, I think with the passage of time, Mick's oldest girls got older and wiser, and then he had his younger ones.... she wanted a story that wasn't all "I just wanted who I wanted and I didn't care who I hurt" (engineer dumping his fiance, anyone?)
Yes I can see that. I was just saying what Stevie said. She could be rationalizing the relationship. In Mick's first book, he claims Lindsey confronted him for seeing Stevie when they were smoking a joint together. This was before Tusk. What is believable is Mick and Stevie being the biggest partiers and staying up the latest.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But then too, Mick used to stay up all night in the studio with Lindsey as well. Not just Lindsey either. If you needed him at 3 am to work on Werewolves in London, he was there. He might have been high, but he was there.

Not sure how he fit a love life in.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening to BTM a lot this week. I really like it. At the time it came out, I was "ehe" about it. But I really like Stevie's vocals and songs on this record. Christine's songs are very good and I really like Billy's also. I think the weak link might have been Rick. He did write with Stevie, but I never got into his guitar playing, singing or songs. Hard Feelings is really one of my fav's from this record and I think Stevie's "affairs of the heart" is one of the better songs she had written in awhile. It had a John Mellencamp feel to it.

I have changed, but you remain ageless