User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post

Someone did tell me once that Say You Will got a vinyl release but I highly doubt this, the cost of producing one would have been too expensive to justify the returns - especially if they werworried about who was going to buy it on cd in the first place, as per Stevie's comments in Destiny Rules. I could be wrong though, does anyone know anything about a vinyl SYW?
I don't know about a vinyl SYW, but the cost vs. return justification for a CV and GOS release was even less and those 2 still came out on vinyl. So, that probably wouldn't have stopped them from doing it, but we would have heard about it, I imagine.

Michele
Old 02-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Crystal Visions came out on vinyl?! How did I not know this??? I want one - now!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know about a vinyl SYW, but the cost vs. return justification for a CV and GOS release was even less and those 2 still came out on vinyl. So, that probably wouldn't have stopped them from doing it, but we would have heard about it, I imagine.
Yeah, but SYW would've been a double album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Crystal Visions came out on vinyl?! How did I not know this??? I want one - now!
It's at Amazon for $28.48 (and it's a double album)
Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
It's at Amazon for $28.48 (and it's a double album)
Yup - I found it immediately after reading this yesterday. Now I know it's there I can get it when I have some cash. I'm so excited about it!! I'm going to get one of those clip frames for record covers and put it on my wall because I think it's such a great picture of Stevie.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In terms of FM’s two 80’s albums, I prefer ‘Mirage’ over ‘Tango’, but ‘Tango’ definitely put FM on the map again after a 5 year absence. It was a big hit internationally and sold really well.

I don’t care for Lindsey’s songs (still scratching my head over ‘Family Man’ which was oddly released as a single), but ‘Big Love’ as the first single did grab a lot of attention with the so-called ‘love grunts’. I agree with others here that Christine was the one who really shined on ‘Tango’. I love ‘Mystified’ and ‘Everywhere’, and ‘Little Lies’ was deservedly a hit.

Stevie, sad to say, was lacklustre to say the least. ‘When I See You Again’ sounds like it was written in a klonopin haze (though she wasn’t actually on the stuff yet), and ‘Welcome to the Room… Sara’ was a miss for me. Instrumentally, it’s well produced, but it’s saddled with weak lyrics - a mishmash of pointless ‘Gone With The Wind’ references and recycled words from ‘Blue Lamp’. Stevie could’ve made a profound statement about going through drug abuse and coming out a survivor but you’ll never get that from the way the song was written.

Oh, and about ‘When I See You Again’, Stevie did an interview (in ‘Creem’) where she said the ending originally had her and Lindsey singing the ending together, but she ‘snuck in’ and took out her part so it’s only Lindsey’s voice we hear at the end. It was to make it more ‘intimate’, she said with him singing alone. Anyways, with all due respect, I really have to question Stevie’s side of the story. She was apparently barely there for the recording of ‘Tango’, and I doubt control-freak Lindsey would have let her near the mixing board –

I love ‘Seven Wonders’, but kudos to Sandy Stewart - not Stevie. Sandy saved her butt with that one. We might’ve gotten the awful ‘What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You?’ instead. A thought - if ‘Seven Wonders’ wasn’t used, perhaps that b-side track ‘Book of Miracles’ could have been substituted (with words by Stevie that is) instead.

By the way, does any kind, generous, lovable Ledgie have a mp3 of ‘Book of Miracles’ that he/she can post to share? I only have it on vinyl, and on an audiocassette that I can’t find. Thanks!

Last edited by greendaze5; 02-23-2010 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

By the way, does any kind, generous, lovable Ledgie have a mp3 of ‘Book of Miracles’ that he/she can post to share? I only have it on vinyl, and on an audiocassette that I can’t find. Thanks!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfheni
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i must say, i loveee TITN! one of my first Mac albums ever. And it's definetly my favorite 80's album of the Mac. It's so very 80's with all the electric drums and beats! HAHA besides, without TITN you wouldn't have classics like "Big Love" and gorgeous masterpieces like, "Little Lies"! Some standouts for me are, "Caroline", "Seven Wonders" and "Isn't It Midnight"....and sometimes i listen to "When I See You Again" as a lullaby to help me fall asleep...

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In terms of FM’s two 80’s albums, I prefer ‘Mirage’ over ‘Tango’, but ‘Tango’ definitely put FM on the map again after a 5 year absence. It was a big hit internationally and sold really well.

I don’t care for Lindsey’s songs (still scratching my head over ‘Family Man’ which was oddly released as a single), but ‘Big Love’, as the first single, did grab a lot of attention with the so-called ‘love grunts’. I agree with others here that Christine was the one who really shined on ‘Tango’. I love ‘Mystified’ and ‘Everywhere’, and ‘Little Lies’ was a deservedly a hit.

Stevie, sad to say, was lacklustre to say the least. ‘When I See You Again’ sounds like it was written in a klonopin haze (though she wasn’t actually on the stuff yet), and ‘Welcome to the Room… Sara’ was a miss for me. Instrumentally, it’s well produced, but it’s saddled with weak lyrics - a mishmash of pointless ‘Gone With The Wind’ references and recycled words from ‘Blue Lamp’. Stevie could’ve made a profound statement about going through drug abuse and coming out a survivor but you’ll never get that from the way the song was written.
Oh, and about ‘When I See You Again’, Stevie did an interview (in ‘Creem’) where she said the ending originally had her and Lindsey singing the ending together, but she ‘snuck in’ and took out her part so it’s only Lindsey’s voice we hear at the end. It was to make it more ‘intimate’, she said with him singing alone. Anyways, with all due respect, I really have to question Stevie’s side of the story. She was apparently barely there for the recording of ‘Tango’, and I doubt control-freak Lindsey would have let her near the mixing board –

I love ‘Seven Wonders’, but kudos to Sandy Stewart - not Stevie. Sandy saved her butt with that one. We might’ve gotten the awful ‘What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You?’ instead. A thought - if ‘Seven Wonders’ wasn’t used, perhaps that b-side track ‘Book of Miracles’ could have been substituted (with words by Stevie that is) instead.

Wow, I couldn't possibly disagree more!

BTW, Stevie already had lyrics to "Book Of Miracles"; check out the outtake of "Juliet" from the Tango sessions.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

holidayroad - thanks for sharing Book of Miracles!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
Tusk has a pretty notorious reputation don't you think? Perhaps it's different inside the FM fan collective but it's always been described quite dubiously whenever I've heard about it.
I guess I'm just remembering my own experience as a new fan, which was to get my hands on everything I could, regardless of what people were saying. The title song from The Dance was already one of my favorite tracks and I had already gotten quite an appreciation of Lindsey, so most of what was said about that album that I had access to just made me more curious to hear it, not stay away from it.

Tango is and always has been my least favorite Rumours era album. I've grown to appreciation it more but there aren't many big winners on it for me. I'm the weirdo who likes the Stevie songs best and I do love a lot of what Lindsey decided to do on this album as well but it's not one I fall back on very often.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I guess I'm just remembering my own experience as a new fan, which was to get my hands on everything I could, regardless of what people were saying. The title song from The Dance was already one of my favorite tracks and I had already gotten quite an appreciation of Lindsey, so most of what was said about that album that I had access to just made me more curious to hear it, not stay away from it.

Tango is and always has been my least favorite Rumours era album. I've grown to appreciation it more but there aren't many big winners on it for me. I'm the weirdo who likes the Stevie songs best and I do love a lot of what Lindsey decided to do on this album as well but it's not one I fall back on very often.
Me, too!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is there an actual outtake track of Juliet from the Tango sessions? or is there just the demo?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
holidayroad - thanks for sharing Book of Miracles!
Glad to help
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was my first 'new' vinyl purchase! And it sounds GREEAAAAT.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.