User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And just imagine how insulting that is to the people that actually helped her through the drug addiction, and had to put up with and endure her abuse while doing so.
I bet she was really nice to everyone that was trying to "tell her when to stop it". Give me a break.

...And credit to Aleuzzi for finishing my thought for me.
Very uncharacteristic of me. I can rarely finish my own thoughts. I am...ellipsis....Excalibur...
Old 08-19-2021, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Bills.

Cocaine bills.

They've written cocaine bills for her.

In her darkest hour...
I forgot. Sandy Stewart “co-wrote” Seven Wonders. For her. With her help. Her word. Emmeline. The most expensive and misheard word in all of pop song craft.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We'll see her autobiography when we see her Rhiannon movie. Like never.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
By "forced" I thought you meant they handcuffed her and drove her to rehab

She's also said she went to rehab because she was mad at everyone for telling her she "had" to go.

But then again, what is "had"? Is that force?
That's kidnapping and abduction.

Forced - an adjective
to impose by coercion
Old 08-20-2021, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I am a substance abuse counselor. No, a substance abuse counselor would not say that someone who left rehab after 28 days failed. But regardless, the proof is evident she didn’t fail- she did, in fact, quit doing cocaine. I don’t see how you call that a failure. She could have stayed the extra two days and then left and did cocaine again- that would be failing. It doesn’t matter how long someone stays in rehab- what matters is whether you quit doing drugs.

As for why she “retaliated” against her company, I don’t know why but I would suspect she fired them because she didn’t think they were doing a good job, or she didn’t like how they did things. They did an intervention for her after her tour was over. Not while she was recording RAL, not before her tour, and not during the tour, but after. You’d almost think they wanted to make sure their commodity made as money as she could for their company before they intervened to get her into rehab. But that’s business for you.
As a substance abuse counselor you are aware that addiction is powerful. Many addicts switch to other drugs to keep the addiction going. That's exactly what Stevie did. She left cocaine and went right into tranquilizers. Maybe if she was successful and did not leave rehab early and retaliate against everyone, she could have beat addiction the first time. As a substance abuse counselor you are also aware that addicts frequently blame their behavior on other people. That's exactly what Stevie has always done. First it was people that forced her to go to rehab. Then it was friends that forced her to see a doctor. Then it was the doctor who kept prescribing the drug. At some point you must be accountable for your behavior and decisions. An addict will always seek out drugs and more drugs.
Success is defined by staying in a treatment program instead of blaming others or substituting one drug for another.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
We'll see her autobiography when we see her Rhiannon movie. Like never.
I seriously would love to see the Rhiannon movie!! It's been shoved in my face since the 80's.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I seriously would love to see the Rhiannon movie!! It's been shoved in my face since the 80's.
And in my face since the 70's.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Many addicts switch to other drugs to keep the addiction going. That's exactly what Stevie did.
N/A teaches that alcohol is a drug also. She refused to stop drinking because she claimed it was never a problem for her. So you can't claim you have been clean for umpteen years when you simply stop using your drug of choice but substitute the high with other items. A few years back she told a reporter she was, "sober as a judge," onstage. Well you quit drinking but you still smoke pot. That makes you still a using addict. Facts.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And in my face since the 70's.
Yep. I swear I've got an article I cut out of People magazine in like 1978, where she was talking about it.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her delivery blows. No pun intended. I'm not sure she meant to imply nobody helped her along the way, but because she's incapable of making a statement that isn't about me, me, and only me...it sure comes across the wrong way.

She makes me cringe every time she does an interview now. Every time.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

and also...not that she's unique in doing it, but vamping up the rehab drama/drug addiction has really been her dramatic talking point for the past 20 years.

I too would be proud of recovering, but I hope I would want to talk about other things after a while.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Her delivery blows. No pun intended. I'm not sure she meant to imply nobody helped her along the way, but because she's incapable of making a statement that isn't about me, me, and only me...it sure comes across the wrong way.

She makes me cringe every time she does an interview now. Every time.
Yep. And this goes back a long way. It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. I recall watching and even at 16/17 feeling like that is the dumbest celebrity comment to make. She comes across as one of the most self centered humans that I’ve ever seen.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yep. And this goes back a long way. It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. I recall watching and even at 16/17 feeling like that is the dumbest celebrity comment to make. She comes across as one of the most self centered humans that I’ve ever seen.
I swear to you JMN3. I have a friend that became my best friend since moving to Los Angeles permanently in 1997. To this day, whenever something goes wrong I say, "You should know that my life is like being in the army."
(It's funnier if you picture two gay guys saying it to each other, in Paris, on their 3rd vacation that year.)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-20-2021 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s the FM Behind the Music episode where she made that being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army comment I believe. .
It was at he Classic Albums: Making of Rumours.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh come on now. Give her a break

She was born in the desert like baby Jesus
So she knows how it feels there

She knows what its like being in the Army so she could understand how they felt in a foxhole in a desert war zone. You cant understand that?